HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 27, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #1,441 of 1,511
I have both AND THE R6iii has more driving power 363mw at 32 ohms vs the Rs2 320mw
Whole the RS2 is great it's way less versatile than the R6iii
Hi thanks for the reply. I was reading some comments from various people saying the RS2 sounded better with full size headphones because of the thicker sound, I guess bass might be better, also some reviews mention the R6 3 sounds brighter than most hiby daps or might lack some bass, slam with headphones

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #1,442 of 1,511
Also regarding the lower output. Does the R6 3 have much more power than my Walkman? I’m confused about the specs. My Walkman says 200+200mw @ 32ohms and the hiby specs just say 405mw @ 16ohms

Mar 27, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #1,443 of 1,511
Hi thanks for the reply. I was reading some comments from various people saying the RS2 sounded better with full size headphones because of the thicker sound, I guess bass might be better, also some reviews mention the R6 3 sounds brighter than most hiby daps or might lack some bass, slam with headphones
I also have both, i use the R6 mostly with the Astell AP10 , so only the line-out of the dap. To my ears the R6 is cleaner, the RS2 r2r dac is really nice and sound great or even better but the tiny screen, playlist hell, no PEQ s the reason why i use the R6 more (i use PEQ alot nowadays) Ofcourse both have MSEB and this is great on both devices but i miss PEQ when i use the RS2.

So if i had to choose i would take the R6, even if the RS2 sound a little better/different.
Btw the amp section of the RS2 is not that good!, you can read about this here at Headfi, but when paired with something that has a great amp stage like the topping nx7 you will get great results! The RS2 with the Astell PA10 gets to warm/smooth sounding, i like the R6 better soundwise with the PA10.

Mar 27, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #1,444 of 1,511
Hi Joliv,

Thank you for your order and sorry to hear about this. It seems that you fell into a bit of a special case. Please email service@hiby.com regarding this issue and provide them with proof of purchase from the original vendor to demonstrate warranty eligibility. Let me know your email address via pm and I'll ask them to treat your case in the same way as a direct purchase from our online store within warranty, for this one case. Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Joe
Many thanks, I will

Mar 27, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #1,445 of 1,511
Hmm, I own or have owned R6 III, R5 2, Fiio M17 and Astell & Kern Kann (the original). To my ears the R6 III is the warmest, punchiest of them all, and I even run my LCD-4's off of it with acceptable results. Currently the R6 III is on sale for $399 at Hiby Audio and MusicTeck. That'd be my choice for bang for the buck.

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #1,447 of 1,511
Has anyone tried driving the HD800S on this? How does it sound? Also how many eq settings can I save? ZX300 Walkman only allows 3 which is pretty limiting

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #1,449 of 1,511
Has anyone used the R6 III with Sennheiser's 6XX or 8XX lines? How well can it amplify them?
I’ve tried my ancient HD-580 with the R6 III, and it drives them well, especially with balanced cable.

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #1,450 of 1,511
Hello!
After updating the firmware to version 1.40, I cannot use the USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP).
I connect bluetooth headphones with the HiRes driver enabled and android disabled.
When playing a track in UAPP I see "Failed to find or setup HIRes DAC!"

Got this bug happened to me as well, I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.20 and 1.31 (yes, I see the post said impossible but there is a way) but still got that bug.

The only way I can get it fixed is unfortunately to factory reset the device and reinstall UAPP.

QO6RYr0.png

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #1,451 of 1,511
Thanks for the answer.
I want to use bluetooth headphones via a hi-res driver.
The other person's point was that the android driver should also *be* the hi-res driver after our hacks.

Specifically e.g. selecting LDAC 96kHz you should get audio to output at 96kHz even on the default driver.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 4, 2024 at 1:28 AM Post #1,452 of 1,511
Got this bug happened to me as well, I tried to downgrade the firmware to 1.20 and 1.31 (yes, I see the post said impossible but there is a way) but still got that bug.

The only way I can get it fixed is unfortunately to factory reset the device and reinstall UAPP.

QO6RYr0.png

QO6RYr0.png
Thanks for finding a solution! I reset it twice and it didn't work.
Wired headphones are connected in your screenshot. I'm trying to set up LDAC bluetooth headphones.

Apr 4, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #1,454 of 1,511
Thanks Joe! But I want to use bit perfect mode.
Безымянный.png
Well, our Android is not 44.1kHz. It seems that between UAPP trying to hack regular Android as an app and us trying to modify Android itself, something was lost in translation. Have you tried the HiByMusic app?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 4, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #1,455 of 1,511
Thanks Joe! But I want to use bit perfect mode.
Any particular reason that you can hear when comparing between bit perfect vs non bit perfect?

1712282759664.png

Also it's a bit odd in your UAPP settings since mine can reach the file's bitrate and not stuck at 44.1khz

Plus it's redundant to use UAPP hi-res since it's main feature is to overcome the SRC limitation, but Hiby's android already implement one itself?
(On a note, I'd like to see the data between UAPP in Android vs UAPP in other devices that need Hi-res mode)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back