HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Dec 2, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,218 of 1,512
to bad it doesnt have no buttons on the left side when theres buttons on the right side and the real deal breaker is it doesnt have 2.5mm
Out of curiosity, what buttons other than play/pause, rwd and fwd would you have liked to see on the left side?

It has a 4.4mm connection which is perfectly fine - an additional cable purchase is hardly a deal-breaker when the R6III's sound and functionality is so amazing, especially at its price point.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #1,219 of 1,512
See the r5 gen 3 is a better design cause the two volume buttons on the left, i like the volume knob but design wise they should also kept the volume buttons from the r5, it just looks stupid the left and right side have no sense of balance. i only use 2.5mm so 4.4mm output is useless. especially after buying the zishan z4 and z5 which comes with both output options and at a much better price and the z4 also has comes with twice the watts while the z5 comes with newer flagship twin dacs

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #1,220 of 1,512
My DAP has become unlistenable on class AB with the exact combo of Aroma Fei Wan (IEM) and Blue Hour 4W (cable), I have to switch to class A to listen or there’s so much static and crackling, mostly present my right ear piece. When I switch to stock cable with Fei Wan the issue goes away, or when I use the Blue Hour on a different IEM the issue goes away. It ONLY happens with Blue Hour and Fei Wan combo, I have no issues using this combo on the WM1Z-M2, any clue what may be going on here? I’m assuming it’s a DAP hardware fault but I have no clue. I’ve already reached out to MusicTeck.

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #1,221 of 1,512
I am trying to use the DAP with Chord Mojo 2 by connecting the 3.5mm LO on the DAP to 3.5mm coax-in port of Mojo 2. Cable used is 3.5mm TRRS on DAP side and 3.5mm TS on Mojo 2 end.

Unable to get it to work. I see cable symbol in the notification bar of the DAP when connected but no music plays on Mojo. Can anyone advice what could be wrong with the setup?

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #1,222 of 1,512
I am trying to use the DAP with Chord Mojo 2 by connecting the 3.5mm LO on the DAP to 3.5mm coax-in port of Mojo 2. Cable used is 3.5mm TRRS on DAP side and 3.5mm TS on Mojo 2 end.

Unable to get it to work. I see cable symbol in the notification bar of the DAP when connected but no music plays on Mojo. Can anyone advice what could be wrong with the setup?
It sounds like you're putting an analog audio line out into a digital data input, which wouldn't work.

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #1,223 of 1,512

Unable to get it to work. I see cable symbol in the notification bar of the DAP when connected but no music plays on Mojo. Can anyone advise what could be wrong with the setup?
Hiby sells a USB-C to coax adapter: that’s what you need to use. I don’t think it comes with the R6-III (but could be wrong); similar adapters from other brands may work as well

Dec 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,225 of 1,512

image.jpg

Just connect a USB C to USB C cable… you can see the mojo 2 is reading the 24bit 96KHz of digital file and working as DAC/AMP.

Just not sure of is worth it, as the R6 III with DRX10K Dynamics plugin sounds very similar to the mojo 2!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 5:55 PM Post #1,228 of 1,512
Hey all- I turned off my R6 last night to charge it and this morning it won't turn on and the side light is on the light blue color. It's not responding at all so has anyone had this issue? How did you fix it and if I have to do a reset how do I do that?

Many thanks

Dec 13, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #1,229 of 1,512
Press the power and next buttons together for about 12 seconds, that will fix it (it happened to me).

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,230 of 1,512
Hi @Joe Bloggs so I've bought the official Hiby Letaher case along with my R6 Gen III DAP. But once I got my dap inside the case I can't get it out. Saying it's extremely tight would be an understatement. Why did your team design this case in such a manner?

Getting it out would require such amount of force that it can damage both the case and the Dap. Can you please share some advise on how to get the dap out of the case without too much struggle? Looking forward to your answer.
20231216_011929.jpg
20231216_011658.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back