HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
May 9, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #616 of 1,534
Unfortunately starting to get loud popping/clicking sounds when changing track on apple music, qobuz, spotify and on the stock hiby music app. Its not my headphones/iems as it is happening on multiple from different brands. Was anyone able to fix this or is this another unit return issue?

May 9, 2023 at 4:30 AM Post #617 of 1,534
Hi Sorys,

Is this with changing between tracks of different sample rates?

When does the popping happen and when does it not happen?

When did it start happening? Might a firmware update have marked the beginning of this?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 9, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #619 of 1,534
Unfortunately starting to get loud popping/clicking sounds when changing track on apple music, qobuz, spotify and on the stock hiby music app. Its not my headphones/iems as it is happening on multiple from different brands. Was anyone able to fix this or is this another unit return issue?
I do observed that behaviour, could not pin point when does/doesn't do - tracks SR or type. Activating fade in/fade out between tracks on minimizes or makes the clicks disappear.

May 9, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #620 of 1,534
Is this with playback through the player's headphone jacks or out to a separate USB DAC/amp?
Headphone jack. I did a factory reset on the device and turned off app battery management to see if either of those would fix it. I'll let you know once I have the chance to listen to it if it fixed the issue.

May 10, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #622 of 1,534
Hello.

Does anyone know which size of pelican case fit the unit better?
IMG_8865.jpeg

IMG_8866.jpeg

IMG_8867.jpeg

May 11, 2023 at 1:47 AM Post #624 of 1,534
Hi Sorys,

Is this with changing between tracks of different sample rates?

When does the popping happen and when does it not happen?

When did it start happening? Might a firmware update have marked the beginning of this?
Sorry for the delayed reply. It often happens when my player is in my pocket so im not sure if it due to sample changes but i cant recreate the issue everytime regardless of sample rate changes.

It happens at random intervals generally on the balanced 4.4mm phones out. I havent had it happen on the 3.5mm.

I am on the current firmware 1.20 since getting this unit as i had to replace my original one due it locking itself to the 4.4mm phones out port

May 21, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #627 of 1,534
Hello all - I've done a matrix of the connectivity of the R6III together with the CR-06 dock - it was focused on the gear I have. Of course other connectivity possibilities are open to work with other hardware for different use cases. We all have it mainly as excellent DAP with all its streaming abilities but the dock opens a different level of playground :)
Hope it's useful as a basic guide.

Attachments

• hiby matrix.jpg
    hiby matrix.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #628 of 1,534
So I have an ongoing issue with Qobuz, latest app and firmware where it initially won’t output anything even though track appears to be playing. Doesn’t happen with stock app or Apple Music. After an about a minute (or one or two app closes) it then works fine.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #630 of 1,534
Have to say that I'm really enjoying my R6III and extremely glad that I made the purchase. It's just a really nice listen, extremely pleasing sound, and pairs well with my (admittedly limited) collection of IEMs. I use it daily for a few hours and the battery life is actually pretty good on AB and I haven't experienced the battery getting overly hot like some other players that I've owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back