HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
May 24, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #633 of 1,512
Can I ask what router you use?, must be a good one.
It is rebranded from the internet operator-I believe it’s a Sagem (fibre modem and router). Sometimes reflections play a role on the range, what’s interesting is the iPhone not even seeing the network and I wasn’t expecting the R6III to see it- was preparing to turn on hotspot when… damn I get my home WiFi

May 28, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #637 of 1,512
I was just wondering is it possible for two people to listen to the music at the same time? (One set in single ended & another set in balanced output). Thanks.
You’re best bet is to contact Hiby, and ask them. I would guess that the outputs are only designed to be used one at a time, and I’m not not going to plug two pairs of headphones into mine, just in case it breaks it.
If me and Mrs F want to listen at the same time, we plug our Chord Mojo in and use that. Not an inexpensive solution, but we’ve had it for years, and it’s nice to find a use for it.

May 28, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #638 of 1,512
You’re best bet is to contact Hiby, and ask them. I would guess that the outputs are only designed to be used one at a time, and I’m not not going to plug two pairs of headphones into mine, just in case it breaks it.
If me and Mrs F want to listen at the same time, we plug our Chord Mojo in and use that. Not an inexpensive solution, but we’ve had it for years, and it’s nice to find a use for it.
Ok thanks Mike, no i don't want you to potentially break your Dap also. I was just hoping it had been a previously known thing. Thanks.

Jun 2, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #639 of 1,512
New firmware V1.21 OTA update for R6 III is now available.
https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/po...t6m5a2qXhRfFQhyVTMFxiy9mVUSzjUwAasP4KUqH9q5nl

Simply tap on Wireless Update in your app drawer while connected to the internet through WiFi to search for and install the new update.

Changelog:
1. Fixed issue where iPhone cannot use USB DAC;
2. Optimized standby;
3. Optimized MSEB user interface and usage;
4. Various other bug fixes.

And I've confirmed:
- Updated Google Service Framework from v9 to v12 to improve compatibility for G-apps (such as Gboard and Chrome)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #641 of 1,512
Jun 4, 2023 at 7:58 AM Post #642 of 1,512
Does anyone know how to remove a plug in from the Hiby App? There is functionality in Plugin Manager to add one, but there is no way to remove. I added EFOtech USpatializer to try and now the sample rate is stuck at 48k, and I cannot remove this plugin.

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #643 of 1,512
Issue solved. Needed to go to Settings -> All Apps -> Hiby Music -> Storage & cache -> Clear Storage. I was pleasantly surprised by Hiby's quick turnaround in responding to emails on a Sunday. They emailed back within 30 minutes.

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #645 of 1,512
Does anyone know how to remove a plug in from the Hiby App? There is functionality in Plugin Manager to add one, but there is no way to remove. I added EFOtech USpatializer to try and now the sample rate is stuck at 48k, and I cannot remove this plugin.
You would simply swipe left on the line with the active plugin.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back