HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Mar 20, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #361 of 1,511
Hi I've bought and used the unit for a few days. Quite satisfied except one thing, I cannot use UAPP. Playback always seems to stutter, or in some case no sound at all playing local files. Tried increasing buffer and others settings. Can someone using this dap with uapp share their settings? Many thanks
Love to help, but not sure what UAPP setting would affect your stutter. I don`t have any issue using UAPP on mine.

From Settings:
"Internal HiRes audio" ->
"HiRes driver flags" -> Direct​
Driver audio format set to -> Auto​
"Bit Perfect mode" set to "on".​
Upsample -> turned off.​
Buffersize -> 400 milliseconds​
Native DSD for Hiby R6 selected.​

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #362 of 1,511
Hi I've bought and used the unit for a few days. Quite satisfied except one thing, I cannot use UAPP. Playback always seems to stutter, or in some case no sound at all playing local files. Tried increasing buffer and others settings. Can someone using this dap with uapp share their settings? Many thanks
I have been having these problems with UAPP too, playing Tidal and Qobuz. Often it was playing fine until I paused or skipped a track, then it starts playing up

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #363 of 1,511
I have been having these problems with UAPP too, playing Tidal and Qobuz. Often it was playing fine until I paused or skipped a track, then it starts playing up
Have you updated to the latest FW that was released last week? I had a stutter with Amazon Music on the 1st track played, but it`s resolved with the latest FW (I think)

Mar 20, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #364 of 1,511
Have you updated to the latest FW that was released last week? I had a stutter with Amazon Music on the 1st track played, but it`s resolved with the latest FW (I think)
Yes I'm on the latest firmware. I always find UAPP to be a little glitchy though, whatever device, but it is usually things like managing the queue not the sound.

Mar 20, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #365 of 1,511
Love to help, but not sure what UAPP setting would affect your stutter. I don`t have any issue using UAPP on mine.

From Settings:
"Internal HiRes audio" ->
"HiRes driver flags" -> Direct​
Driver audio format set to -> Auto​
"Bit Perfect mode" set to "on".​
Upsample -> turned off.​
Buffersize -> 400 milliseconds​
Native DSD for Hibyu R6 selected.​
Thanks for the help. Tried your settings, seems like the hires driver flags solved it. Will observe more. Thank you!

Mar 20, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #366 of 1,511
Just got a fresh new 512gb SD card. Any disadvantage to formatting “as internal” if I’m never going to be swapping cards?

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #367 of 1,511
Just got a fresh new 512gb SD card. Any disadvantage to formatting “as internal” if I’m never going to be swapping cards?
Yes there is. I found out the hard way. Spotify and Apple music do not recognise the SD card as storage to use to store offline downloads I imagine other streaming services may have issues with that as well. If you don't use streaming however I imagine the limitations will be less of a worry

Mar 21, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #369 of 1,511
This is consistent to what I noticed. I think it just the spotify behaviour for this R6iii. I compared it with my Ibasso DX220, it show 44.1Khz for both podcast and regular song (tested with Pet Shop Boys)
@brainfog on a second thoughts, I dunno if the frequency status on the top bar is reliable.
The volume show 0 when it is playing well at ~40. The top bar show 48Khz when the flac ripped from CD is 44.1Khz

This usually happened after a reboot.

Screenshot_20230321-141340.png

Mar 21, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #370 of 1,511
Yes there is. I found out the hard way. Spotify and Apple music do not recognise the SD card as storage to use to store offline downloads I imagine other streaming services may have issues with that as well. If you don't use streaming however I imagine the limitations will be less of a worry
If on android phone. There is a developer options “Force allow apps on external“. After I enable this, I can transfer Apple Music to SD card. Not sure this going to work on r6iii or not.

Mar 21, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #371 of 1,511
well... the thing about formatting it as internal memory is it simply becomes part of your player's internal memory for most intents and purposes, so you can be using the SD card even if it says internal memory, for installed apps even, never mind music data. The real drawback, I think, other than "what if you DID have to remove the card or it gets removed by accident", is it's a quite uncommon config among users and in our testing, so to be honest you may be much more prone to uncovering bugs in the implementation. 😅

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 21, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #372 of 1,511
spotify allow you to specific external SD card as offline storage.

Screenshot_20230321-180304.png
But i tend to use internal rather.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #373 of 1,511
spotify allow you to specific external SD card as offline storage.

But i tend to use internal rather.
Interesting, when i formatted mine as internal it would only let me select the built in flash to save one spotify and on apple music. Mind you that being said my device is currently undergoing a warranty claim so who knows.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #374 of 1,511
well... the thing about formatting it as internal memory is it simply becomes part of your player's internal memory for most intents and purposes, so you can be using the SD card even if it says internal memory, for installed apps even, never mind music data. The real drawback, I think, other than "what if you DID have to remove the card or it gets removed by accident", is it's a quite uncommon config among users and in our testing, so to be honest you may be much more prone to uncovering bugs in the implementation. 😅
Ahh that makes sense might just be picking up a software bug that didnt quite get found. Thats alright. Sometimes these things never appear until things are out to the general public. Two updates since launch however shows hiby is committed to squashing as many bugs as they can

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #375 of 1,511
Ahh that makes sense might just be picking up a software bug that didnt quite get found. Thats alright. Sometimes these things never appear until things are out to the general public. Two updates since launch however shows hiby is committed to squashing as many bugs as they can
What I meant is that you don't need to select a separate memory for your music data to go to, because for that purpose your SD card *had become built in flash memory*. While there were bugs in the implementation (the exact nature of which escapes my memory at the moment), this isn't one of them.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back