HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Oct 12, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #1,111 of 1,512
Yes after a few days of working fine mine still crashes especially if playing playlists or choosing to alter volume while a song is playing. It's a real shame, I've moved onto using another dap because of this waiting for yet another firmware update to fix it.
It just keeps crashing even after Hard Reset (and all the trouble it means to reinstall and configure everything) !
I decided to uninstall HiBy Music App and install Poweramp... Let's pray and see the results !

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,112 of 1,512
Eh, I managed to break my R6III by cleaning audio jacks with IPA.
Now both 4.4mm pentaconn (balanced) are appearing as always on (plugged in).
There's a small microswitch in these that gets toggled when you press the jack in. Appearently it uses a coated membrane, which was dissolved by IPA.

So I can use only 4.4 PO. I see no way to solve this myself, first is that I cannot find exact connector, second is that I doubt I can resolder it with my own tools.

So I just jumpered the microswitch contacts with small piece of wire, and can use both 3.5mm outputs only now, which suits better for me, due to battery life. Of course 4.4mm out is now disabled.

Lesson learnt - 90% IPA can destroy membrane switches.

Oct 12, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,113 of 1,512
It just keeps crashing even after Hard Reset (and all the trouble it means to reinstall and configure everything) !
I decided to uninstall HiBy Music App and install Poweramp... Let's pray and see the results !

because of this waiting for yet another firmware update to fix it.
Odd.
Then again I am not using that app at all. UAPP is my goto player on every Android device I have and -knock on wood- it works flawlessly on the HiBy R6 III.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #1,115 of 1,512
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #1,116 of 1,512
Anybody else is having problems with Hiby music player and Qobuz? Player keeps logging me out of Qobuz when I restart the app. I have to reenter me login informations almost every time. It gets frustrating!

Oct 15, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,117 of 1,512
Could anybody share the link to download v.1.30 FW from?

Oct 15, 2023 at 7:50 PM Post #1,118 of 1,512
Could anybody share the link to download v.1.30 FW from?
Do you mean 1.30 or the latest 1.31?

And what is the version you are on at the moment?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 15, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #1,119 of 1,512
Has anyone gotten this player to work with Android Auto? I just got it and the car says the device isn't compatible.

My R6 2020 just recently started working with Android Auto, presumably after a Google update, because it originally did not.

Edit: my R6 III is up to date with firmware 1.31.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #1,120 of 1,512
Do you mean 1.30 or the latest 1.31?
Only 1.30. It's not for me. Mine 1.31 does not have any problems. It's for my Channel member at Telegraph. He has too many issues with 1.31.

Oct 15, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #1,121 of 1,512
Only 1.30. It's not for me. Mine 1.31 does not have any problems. It's for my Channel member at Telegraph. He has too many issues with 1.31.
Well, Android versions aren't downgradable. He may try factory resetting the device. It does tend to clear up a lot of issues that seem to accumulate through incremental upgrades.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 16, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #1,122 of 1,512
Anybody else is having problems with Hiby music player and Qobuz? Player keeps logging me out of Qobuz when I restart the app. I have to reenter me login informations almost every time. It gets frustrating!
I had the same issue, so installed the Qobuz app, and use that instead. I just use Hiby music player for music stored on the SD card.

Oct 18, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,123 of 1,512
Has anyone else experienced this issue? When I play music through the 3.5mm/4.4mm jack, the music intermittently cuts out. The sound flickers and the volume becomes very low. I've tried multiple IEMs and the problem persists. Restarting the device temporarily fixes the issue, but I haven't tried a complete reset yet. I'm currently on the latest update. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back