HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Oct 20, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #1,126 of 1,512
Hello. Been using this player for nearly a month now and I'm liking every second of it. I have a quick question: does anybody know if there's a plugin for the HiBy music app that enables crossfade on play/pause and sorting artist songs by album instead of alphabetically? Both things are the reasons why I use Poweramp instead with the HiRes output option, but if such features were to be enabled in the original music app, I'd choose the "native" player over a 3rd party app, if anything for compatibility purposes.

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,127 of 1,512
Do you know if Qobuz app plays in bitperfect mode and uses the DAC (by bypassing Android audio)?
Using the Qobuz app also gives gapless playback, which is a big plus point over using Qobuz via the Hiby app.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,128 of 1,512
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying an R6 III. The issue is that I have an R2 Saber pro that has not stopped giving me problems (physical buttons that stopped responding, sudden shutdowns...) so I'm afraid that this model will also have this kind of problems. I also read that the 1.31 update has given problems to several people.

In general would you recommend this player? If not, which one would you recommend? The maximum budget is 600€.

Greetings and thanks!

Oct 22, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #1,129 of 1,512
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying an R6 III. The issue is that I have an R2 Saber pro that has not stopped giving me problems (physical buttons that stopped responding, sudden shutdowns...) so I'm afraid that this model will also have this kind of problems. I also read that the 1.31 update has given problems to several people.

In general would you recommend this player? If not, which one would you recommend? The maximum budget is 600€.

Greetings and thanks!
It's only natural than on DAP pages users will talk about problems. I'll talk about the good things about this player. Sound wise it is top notch. It is a lot larger and heavier than the R2 Saber Pro and my own HiBy R5 and a big upgrade soundwise. Not only does it have MSEB, it has some dynamic plug-ins that make a big difference. 1.31 update may possibly need you to do a factory reset at the worst, but after that my R6 III works perfectly. You wouldn't have to worry even if you have to do a factory reset as it would be new. Of course with 4GB of RAM it is smooth and quick. It is built like a brick outhouse and is very substantial. I mainly use Amazon HD, but have a few thousand MP3's and Flacs scraped off the web years ago, and even 128mps MP3s sound exceptionally good, using the HiBy music app. Personally I love the R6 III. Once FW 1.31 is settled it is a good update. I bought mine in a sale from Linsoul. I'm sure on 11/11 you will get it from HiBy or other good suppliers for a good price

Oct 22, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #1,130 of 1,512
Yes, I would recommend installing 1.31 and factory resetting before anything else and then it'll be fine (there was a minor issue that was fixed by resetting).

Oct 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #1,132 of 1,512
The only issue is with HiBy Music App that keeps crashing even after the latest firmware (followed by several factory resets)...!
Strange because my HiBy Music App works. Just tested it again and it plays fine. I'm on the latest firmware 1.31_20230905-1333. Did you do the factory reset on this version?

Edit:-

Both Flac and MP3 files play normally through the HiBy Music App.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #1,133 of 1,512
The only issue is with HiBy Music App that keeps crashing even after the latest firmware (followed by several factory resets)...!

The version of HiBy Music App that is working on my R6 III is

V2.0.8 build 6065

If yours is a different build maybe you can get this version from APKPURE.

Oct 22, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #1,134 of 1,512
hello everyone, long time reader, first post here, so thank you in advance for the very interesting readings during past years!

just received yesterday the R6III and i am impressed by the audio quality, music sound so different and alive.

software wise not very impressed...i am facing quite few problem and i can't understand whats wrong.

i am currently on the 1.31 and hiby app 2.0.8

double tap to wake works 50% of times.

90% of times can't log in to the hiby music app, not sure if this is really necessary, but anyway can't access.
as far as i understand logging in is necessary only to use MQA with streaming services, correct?

issue with plugin: downloaded from AUDIO SETTINGS > PLUGIN > "sound field", "convolution" and "balance".
can't donwload "fixed sample rates" and "DRX10K" keep getting failed download error.

did try to do a factory reset, clear the plugin data from developer option, but still can't find or download any plugin.

when i check in the hiby music app for downloaded plugin there is nothing in the plugin manager, i don't have even the "gear" icon to open the option menu.

when connected to a pair of in ear the volume dial becomesglitchy, like it step up or down by "half value".
same if i try to swipe volume with finger, it get even worse, it stuck for example on 70 while volume is low or stuck at 20 when the volume is high.

there any available any widget music and audio options?

anyone got the above problems?

thank you in advance for your help!!!

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:48 AM Post #1,135 of 1,512
Strange because my HiBy Music App works. Just tested it again and it plays fine. I'm on the latest firmware 1.31_20230905-1333. Did you do the factory reset on this version?

Mine plays fine until I try to change the volume if touch the volume wheel it crashes on restart the volume wheel works if I change before playing music

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:27 AM Post #1,137 of 1,512

I did several factory resets after installing the latest firmware but the HiBy Music App keeps crashing after changing volume through the wheel (playing dsd files).
Meanwhile I've installed Poweramp and removed HiBy App. Everything is running without any issue with Poweramp.

Oct 23, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #1,138 of 1,512
I did several factory resets after installing the latest firmware but the HiBy Music App keeps crashing after changing volume through the wheel (playing dsd files).
Meanwhile I've installed Poweramp and removed HiBy App. Everything is running without any issue with Poweramp.
The oddities of digital 0 and 1's. It's good that you have solved your issue. Luckily there are so many good music apps that we can overcome these problems. Good luck and enjoy your music.

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,139 of 1,512
Yep I have defaulted to using the Eddict app as I have a few Shanling Daps to its familiar.

The irritating thing is my Hiby R8 and R5 gen 2 both work perfectly all set up in identical configurations

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #1,140 of 1,512
Review of Hiby Yvain just in!
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/the-hiby-yvain-universal-iem.26800/reviews#review-32057
DSC_0540.jpegw.jpeg
DSC_0551.jpegw.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back