HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Jun 9, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #691 of 1,537
I received Joe's PM (Thank you!) and am returning mine and reordering from Amazon. Should arrive tonight and I'll test immediately. Hopefully, given the info above from @yeowyap, Amazon doesn't have a bad batch in the warehouse and I get a bad replacement. We'll see.
I did do one final test last night-
Charged to 100%, Ran it in Class A, mid-gain, 4.4 connection, for 1 hour. Battery dropped to 38% and unit was too hot to pick up for more than a second. 4.4 plug on my Aeon Noire was pretty toasty as well.

Jun 9, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #692 of 1,537
when I was testing it, I was able to edit the PEQ file in a text editor, and I did not have to preserve the same number of digits.

It's interesting to me that for some of us, the Holy Grail of DAPs would be one with system-wide high-res capable 10 band PEQ, yet there still isn't a DAP that brings that to the table, AFAIK. MSEB is so close... :wink:

Jun 9, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #694 of 1,537
I received Joe's PM (Thank you!) and am returning mine and reordering from Amazon. Should arrive tonight and I'll test immediately. Hopefully, given the info above from @yeowyap, Amazon doesn't have a bad batch in the warehouse and I get a bad replacement. We'll see.
Charged to 100%, Ran it in Class A, mid-gain, 4.4 connection, for 1 hour. Battery dropped to 38% and unit was too hot to pick up for more than a second. 4.4 plug on my Aeon Noire was pretty toasty as well.

Yeah, Joe PM me yesterday and advise to return the device and reorder from Amazon. Again, thanks Joe for proactive support!

BTW, I am using 4.4 balanced with HD660S2.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #695 of 1,537

Good news! Got the replacement, returned shipped the bad one, and tested the new one.
This is MUCH better.
Just ran a 2-hour test, Class A, mid gain, 4.4 connection to my Noire headphones.
It used only 30% battery and unit just slightly warm.

Thank you to Joe for helping via DMs to get this replaced. Since I bought from Amazon I have to wait until they get the return back before I see my $500 back, but just so long as its credited before Chicago Can-Jam in 2 weeks! :L3000:

Jun 10, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #696 of 1,537
Is there a way to control the volume of an external dac/amp or dongle on the R6 III?

Sometimes I want to use a different sounding dongle but I want to use the R6 III as the source. Is there a setting or something?

Right now it blast full volume be it RU6, SHIO, Abigail, Megatron.

Jun 10, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #697 of 1,537
Is there a way to control the volume of an external dac/amp or dongle on the R6 III?

Sometimes I want to use a different sounding dongle but I want to use the R6 III as the source. Is there a setting or something?

Right now it blast full volume be it RU6, SHIO, Abigail, Megatron.
Is this on HiBymusic app or?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 10, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #698 of 1,537
System wide, as I understand the player should be able to use dongles or other DACs so the R6 III can be they player. The system is Android so in theory the same as a smartphone or tablet.

@Joe Bloggs Is this on HiBymusic app or?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #700 of 1,537
I tried to connect hiby r6 iii as DAC to my iphone 13pro after the update was released, where it was indicated that they fixed this defect, a miracle did not happen. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do I have to wait for the next update?
Which cable are you using? I tested with a usb-c to lightning (from an iBasso) and also doesn’t work. The only way it works for me is with the Apple USB “cam” adapter and with extra power.

Jun 11, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #701 of 1,537
Which cable are you using? I tested with a usb-c to lightning (from an iBasso) and also doesn’t work. The only way it works for me is with the Apple USB “cam” adapter and with extra power.
I used both the complete cable from the phone and the adapter from ddhifi and fiio LT-LT1 did not help

Jun 11, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #704 of 1,537
Yes, I tried. But after the update, I thought they would fix it, but again it did not work. So I decided to check with me alone or with all owners of apple phones?
As I said, the only way I had it working was with the Apple USB cam adapter (which has an USB A port and extra lightning port for charging-as an exercise, as it becomes very bulky to carry [iphone+Hiby+adapter+power bank]. When I carry only the iPhone, I use the iFi GoLink excellent small dongle capable of MQA/DSD up to 384KHz (around 50USD$).

Jun 12, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #705 of 1,537
(Cross-post from the RS8 thread)

For the Neutron Music Player users on the RS8, R6Pro II, and R6 III (HiBy's Android 12 based DAPs) who are facing the issue that tapping the play button starts fast-forwarding with silence, instead of playing music.
(I already reported the issue to HiBy support. And they are working on it.)

I found a workaround.

Try turning OFF the "Audio Focus" under the Neutron settings -> Audio Hardware. Then the Neutron will play music much more stably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back