HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Sep 29, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #4,531 of 6,628
EQ nowadays is all done in the bit realm before conversion to analogue - in most cases at least. Software EQ manipulates the bitstream before DAC conversion. The amp just increases voltage coming out of the DAC. Digital has changed all the rules, man. Even many DAPs control volume in the digital realm and the amp is on full throttle all the time. Don't think for a minute that this presents any significant tradeoff in resolution quality, however. I can go on about why this is, but don't want to go too far off topic.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #4,532 of 6,628
Hello everyone,

After searching for the cause of TIDAL error 4007 for several days, we finally come to the result. Here are the explanations for error code 4007 of TIDAL playback on HiBy R3:

The expired songs were still displayed on the TIDAL playlist on HiBy R3. When clicking such an expired song, the error message would show: error code: 4007. Error code 4007 is defined by TIDAL.

For example:

When you search the song named “La Scena” and enter the playlist, you can find that there are 50 songs in the playlist. When clicking the second song named “Splash” or the fifth song “Pablo”, it will fail to play and report error code: 4007.
Picture 1.png Picture 2.png Picture 3.png Picture 4.png

Compared to TIDAL official app:

In the same search conditions, there are only 45 songs in the playlist in TIDAL official app. You can find that 5 songs that have expired on TIDAL server are still being displayed on HiBy R3. They are ”Splash”, ”Pablo”, ”Scusa ma(prod.Dr.cream)”, ”Fahrenheit(Prod.Dr.Crea…”, ”Fashion Week Rmx”.
Picture 5.png Picture 6.png Picture 7.png

We’ll fix the mentioned problem by updating firmware on R3 with the following purpose:

1 - Display the playlist as same as TIDAL official, the expired songs will not be displayed in the playlist.
2 - Whenever there is expired song/s displaying in the playlist, the error code 4007 will be change to “The track is not available in TIDAL”.

We manage to publish firmware upgrade in mid-October. Even during the National Day holiday, our engineering team will still work to resolve this problem ASAP. Please feel free to contact us if if you have any question.

Thanks,
HiBy Team

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 30, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #4,534 of 6,628
Also Advanced MP3 Players in the UK has been in contact to arrange the return. I’m hoping they will arrange a replacement. I will keep this thread updated. Thanks everyone for the interest and support, where shown.

Sep 30, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #4,535 of 6,628
EQ nowadays is all done in the bit realm before conversion to analogue - in most cases at least. Software EQ manipulates the bitstream before DAC conversion. The amp just increases voltage coming out of the DAC. Digital has changed all the rules, man. Even many DAPs control volume in the digital realm and the amp is on full throttle all the time. Don't think for a minute that this presents any significant tradeoff in resolution quality, however. I can go on about why this is, but don't want to go too far off topic.

Hey thanks man for the knowledge sharing. Lots to learn lots to hear

Sep 30, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #4,536 of 6,628
Also Advanced MP3 Players in the UK has been in contact to arrange the return. I’m hoping they will arrange a replacement. I will keep this thread updated. Thanks everyone for the interest and support, where shown.
As they bloody well should. That’s the point of buying through a retailer.

I have an issue with my R6. I was an Indiegogo backer, so I accept that the trade off for the lower price is sending it to HK at my own expense.

I wish you luck.

Sep 30, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #4,537 of 6,628
Another question, can we force the R6 TO connect with a particular BT codec? I tried connecting to a Sony AptxHD enabled head phone via BT, the Sony headphone only shows connection with SBC codec. Even after I put the Sony to the setting for sonic preference. The shop guy told me in this mode the Sony should connect with the best codec which is AptxHD but it didn't.

How do we tell from the R6 which codec it is transmitting on?

Thanks.

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #4,538 of 6,628
As they bloody well should. That’s the point of buying through a retailer.

I have an issue with my R6. I was an Indiegogo backer, so I accept that the trade off for the lower price is sending it to HK at my own expense.

I wish you luck.
Thanks. Now Tidal doesn’t load at all!! Loads perfectly well on an iPhone beside it using exactly the same WiFi signal. They should take thus off the market until they get it right.

Oct 4, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #4,541 of 6,628
Another question, can we force the R6 TO connect with a particular BT codec? I tried connecting to a Sony AptxHD enabled head phone via BT, the Sony headphone only shows connection with SBC codec. Even after I put the Sony to the setting for sonic preference. The shop guy told me in this mode the Sony should connect with the best codec which is AptxHD but it didn't.

How do we tell from the R6 which codec it is transmitting on?

Thanks.
Anyone has an answer for the above?

Also I tried using the R6 with the Fiio BTR3, the Bluetooth connected but not sound. Or intermittent at times. Mainly it plays music for a bit then stops. Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks.

Oct 4, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #4,542 of 6,628
Anyone has an answer for the above?

Also I tried using the R6 with the Fiio BTR3, the Bluetooth connected but not sound. Or intermittent at times. Mainly it plays music for a bit then stops. Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks.
The R6 at present only supports SBC or standard APTX not HD (not sure about AAC).

Hopefully APTX HD and LDAC codec will come with the planned Android 8 update for the R6.

Oct 4, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #4,543 of 6,628
The R6 at present only supports SBC or standard APTX not HD (not sure about AAC).

Hopefully APTX HD and LDAC codec will come with the planned Android 8 update for the R6.

Yes thanks for the answer but I was asking if there was anyway to force it to use a particular codec or was there anyway to even tell what codec is it transmitting in. Of coz this presumes the receiving end supports all the codecs which at present seems to be only SBC and APTX.

The other part of my question is the very poor to non existent connection I have with the Fiio BTR3 which supports all the current codec. The R6 does not transmit to the BTR3. But the settings shows that it us connected.

Anyone here using the R6 with the BTR3 and have similar problems? Or anyone using the R6 AS a Bluetooth source having any issues?

Thanks.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #4,545 of 6,628
I pair my R6 with a Harmon Kardon Onyx 1 speaker at work using Bluetooth. The only problem I have experienced is a music skip once in a great while.
Thanks good to know. I paired a plantronic beat go 2 to the R6, was also intermittent connection. I am planning a factory reset to see if it is a software issue. But like I said Bluetooth listening is secondary so I am still mulling over the factory reset.

Will I need lose stuff like hiby music app (I think slightly different from the ones we download from playstore) if I factory reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back