HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Apr 22, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #1,756 of 1,971
Thanks for the info! I have the R6 2020 and currently using FH3 (on 4.4mm balance output). Thinking of upgrade so I am not sure if the Olina (modded or not) will be a side grade or upgrade over the FH3.

As for the Kato, most reviews say its bass lacks punch/weight. Oxygen has short nozzles and might have fit issues. I am actually looking at IEM that is below $200 and pair well with the R6 2020 and of course, the overall performance must be an upgrade over my current FH3.
Hey! Kato and Hana 2021 are my favourite IEMs under $200, that also pair really well with R6 2020. But Hana 2021's golden shells can seem gaudy to some. :sweat_smile:

Kato is a bass boosted reference-neutral IEM and has a 6dB bass shelf! Now if you are a basshead and compare it to basshead IEMs, ofcourse it will seem like it has less punch and weight. But otherwise a 6dB bass shelf is perfectly alright for most people who like a balanced signature.

Apr 22, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #1,757 of 1,971
Hey! Kato and Hana 2021 are my favourite IEMs under $200, that also pair really well with R6 2020. But Hana 2021's golden shells can seem gaudy to some. :sweat_smile:

Kato is a bass boosted reference-neutral IEM and has a 6dB bass shelf! Now if you are a basshead and compare it to basshead IEMs, ofcourse it will seem like it has less punch and weight. But otherwise a 6dB bass shelf is perfectly alright for most people who like a balanced signature.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Between Kato and Hana 2021, which one has better bass quality and quantity? Will it be suitable for music genre like Instrumental, Soundtrack (orchestra), New Age and Smooth Jazz?

Apr 22, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #1,758 of 1,971
Thanks for sharing your experience. Between Kato and Hana 2021, which one has better bass quality and quantity? Will it be suitable for music genre like Instrumental, Soundtrack (orchestra), New Age and Smooth Jazz?

I personally like Kato more and would go with Kato for those genres. You can read my detailed review - HERE. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Apr 25, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #1,762 of 1,971
I have recently got a Hiby R6 2020, I was wondering if there is a way to control the volume through the software, besides the volume control wheel?

Interesting question. I never even thought of checking for a software only mode of volume operation. I’ve just gone over mine with a fine tooth comb. As far as I can tell you have to invoke the volume interface with the wheel. Once it’s on screen you can drag it around, but there’s no way to invoke it other than the wheel. Seems like a GUI hole that HiBy could fix with a firmware update.

May 4, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #1,764 of 1,971
mmh, I have the issue of non working power button again. I will downgrade the FW but I cannot find any dl link....it's really curious....
Hiby wrote to me.... no downgrade possible. It seems the whole powermanagement (incl. display wake up) freezes after a while...
I sent my device back and I bought a FiiO M11 plus now.....

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #1,766 of 1,971
Hello, does someone have the exact dimensions of the stock screen protection supplied in the box ?

I thank you for your help.

May 13, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #1,767 of 1,971
Interesting question. I never even thought of checking for a software only mode of volume operation. I’ve just gone over mine with a fine tooth comb. As far as I can tell you have to invoke the volume interface with the wheel. Once it’s on screen you can drag it around, but there’s no way to invoke it other than the wheel. Seems like a GUI hole that HiBy could fix with a firmware update.
I found that’s possible. Swipe down the control panel. And than you can push the volume number to control the volume.

May 14, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #1,770 of 1,971

Users who are viewing this thread

Back