HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Feb 13, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #946 of 1,971
Heading to music shop intend to buy used R6Pro which is like brand new as just back from claimed , fortunately have chance to test the new R6 , big different stage and image which is much more wider and open sound, more clarity , better hardware and beautiful screen & feeling , finally changed my mind to new one with double price ,simply take it back home .Love it!!!!
AA1F152B-A7BD-4A03-8908-91AFDBD3FEA7.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #947 of 1,971
So I finally got a balanced cable, identical wire to my single ended one. Cable has an hour on it so far and I now like the Hiby player as much as uapp when in balanced mode. I thought I was on to something with my previous single ended uapp player settings but have similar opinions of the players when running balanced with the same cable. Will decide which I prefer after more run in. Great to see a maker get it right like this.:ksc75smile: More like different sigs between the players in balanced mode. Still prefer UAPP player when single ended and not yet sure overall.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #948 of 1,971
If you read the specs, balanced has twice the power of single ended. same or similar to most Daps. You only run SE if its a line out or you are too poor at the moment to buy a balanced cable.

Feb 13, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #949 of 1,971
If you read the specs, balanced has twice the power of single ended. same or similar to most Daps. You only run SE if its a line out or you are too poor at the moment to buy a balanced cable.
Actually 3 times and should be 4 in a perfect world but output impedance doubles and current seldom does etc.

When it comes to power, once you have enough current to properly damp the device you are driving, other aspects of the sound take precedence. Balanced is not always better and often worse. Depends on the topology and execution. It can often sound like it's rounding the edges a bit, even if seemingly cleaner/blacker. Hard to match two identical amps of opposite phase with identical supply response etc. when actually playing music as opposed to a comparatively simple spec tests. Many here without much tech background or practical application take a lot of things for granted. Balanced is about common mode rejection and in devices like this, more available power if needed but that's it.

Seems Hiby's execution of balanced is good here. That said, I do not think it's fundamentally better than single ended and a matter of tradeoffs.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #950 of 1,971
Lack of power is seldom an issue with any earphones you would take to the road. Background noise often ends up being a problem with hyper-sensitive sets and this is 1/4 as problematic on SE. I don't think "you only run SE if it's a line out or you are too poor".

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #952 of 1,971
I just ordered one with case from MusicTeck. In all honesty I just wanted the included USB-C to Coax cable and figured the DAP itself would make a nice bonus. :smile: I look forward to receipt of this and new addition to my collection.

Feb 14, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #953 of 1,971
I just ordered one with case from MusicTeck. In all honesty I just wanted the included USB-C to Coax cable and figured the DAP itself would make a nice bonus. :smile: I look forward to receipt of this and new addition to my collection.
Please note that the cable only works with players putting out an actual coax signal through the same spare pin in the USB-C port that we're using for a coaxial signal.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 15, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #954 of 1,971
Any recommendations where to order from that would arrive the fastest to EU? Good customer support would also be an argument.

Feb 15, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #956 of 1,971
Any recommendations where to order from that would arrive the fastest to EU? Good customer support would also be an argument.
Ordered direct from Hiby, took a little over a week with tracked delivery, no postage costs and no duty to pay. (to UK).

Love the R6 2020, slight hiccup as mostly listen to Tidal and recent issue with Tidal sign on, but now that has resolved loving the sound of Tidal Masters (768K) with my Cosmic Ears CE6B's.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #957 of 1,971
Orderd also direct from hiby store, took a little over two weeks to germany with tracked delivery. No postage coasts and coustom costs. Pre-orderd with leather case. Looks nice with the metal r6 logo...

For me, the R6(2020) is a very good DAP. Love the sound...

Feb 15, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #959 of 1,971
Just wanted to comment about how much I love the R6 2020 so far. it has been great with all my IEM's and Cans.
I am actually planning to buy a LessFox BX-2 plus to pair with it for my more power hungry cans, that being said the R6 2020 does awesome with my Denon D7200 and LCD-XC already, but the thread on the BX-2 implies that it really takes DAP's up a notch when paired with them, so my Ifi Micro IDSD Signature is up for sale to fund the purchase of a BX-2 Plus.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #960 of 1,971
Pairing with my lovely iem Etymotic ER4P + S adaptor sound still great rich detail .

Where did you get the high res copy of Jennifer Warnes album? I like her cover of “Whole of the Moon” and would like to obtain said album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back