HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Jan 22, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #601 of 1,971
Just some notes after spending this week with the unit: This is my first Android-based DAP, and while the HiBy music player isn't terrible or anything, I find that UAPP has a better and smoother interface (the HiBy app has some weird quirks sometimes like ignoring Album Artist tags that I've verified are present). I'm also able to use UAPP's parametric EQ to employ oratory's recommended settings for my headphones, which is also nice. The HiBy app has a graphic equalizer, but it only moves in gradations of .5 (unless there's a way to enter a number manually that I'm missing), so it's not possible to get it as fine-tuned as I would want to follow oratory's settings.

Jan 22, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #602 of 1,971
I’ve played mine a decent amount since I got it a few days ago and I find the sound through the Hiby app a slight bit better than uapp (bit perfect mode). Just my impression but I feel it’s slight bit cleaner sound.
I can see that. It's very clean but I just prefer the presentation of Uapp.I think it portrays the dynamics a bit better and has a touch more solidity in it rendition but it could easily see it going the other way with different interfacing. I said in another post that between the 2, everyone should be happy with the character. :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #603 of 1,971
Well got mine today 😊 sounds thin as hell compared to the micro idsd black! But now I'm just letting it burn in a bit so not worried about it.
Might try a different player with a proper system wide eq. Would love suggestions fellow musiclovers.
20210122_204608.jpg
Really enjoy that silver poison. The R6 is driving my DT 1990 PRO wery well! And we all know that it is not balanced. So, happy with the power will report back when i feel it's settled a bit.

Would love to hear your thoughts and more comparisons to the iDSD post burn in! I'm currently using the OG Micro iDSD and it's slowly dying on me. I'm wondering if DAP sound quality has finally caught up to older gen transportable DAC/Amps, at least for IEMs and more efficient headphones.

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #604 of 1,971
Hi, which cable should I use to connect to the iFi audio iDSD Signature?

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #605 of 1,971
Damn! Amazon Music is only 24/48... I wasn't expecting that.

@Joe Bloggs

This is a common theme with new DAPs. Amazon have to update their app to recognise the native capability of every new DAP. Must be very frustrating for Amazon users.

I'm wondering if DAP sound quality has finally caught up to older gen transportable DAC/Amps, at least for IEMs and more efficient headphones.

I believe it has a while ago already. I preferred the sound of the R6 Pro to the OG iDSD (which I'm very fond of BTW), and the R8 extends that gap even further. Can't say how they compare to the iDSD Signature (and new Diablo) as I haven't heard either.

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #606 of 1,971
Hi, which cable should I use to connect to the iFi audio iDSD Signature?
Hart audio, they are quality vendors with an affordable product. Expecting a shipment from them next week.
Oh, it uses pentaconn i belive for balanced and the old 6.3 for single ended. And plenty of power...

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #607 of 1,971
Could you give a link?

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #608 of 1,971
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #609 of 1,971
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #610 of 1,971
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #611 of 1,971
Well, what headphones do you have??? That is important
I asked about the cable for connecting HiBy R6 2020 to iFi audio iDSD Signature

Jan 23, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #613 of 1,971
I asked about the cable for connecting HiBy R6 2020 to iFi audio iDSD Signature
Sorry, that wasn't clear. Have not studied that scenario yet. I guess there are more than one way.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #614 of 1,971
This is a common theme with new DAPs. Amazon have to update their app to recognise the native capability of every new DAP. Must be very frustrating for Amazon users.

I believe it has a while ago already. I preferred the sound of the R6 Pro to the OG iDSD (which I'm very fond of BTW), and the R8 extends that gap even further. Can't say how they compare to the iDSD Signature (and new Diablo) as I haven't heard either.
I actually think the top DAPs are better. As far as I'm concerned, USB interface is not the best way to do this.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #615 of 1,971
Hi everyone,

This new dap seems really attracting in this price range. I suspect with my almost no experience in dap (had a Cowon S9 a long time ago), that it should be a good start as a new setup with a Tidal hifi account.

Do you think it would do well with some Denon Ah-d9200? Would it be enough to drive correctly some ZMF verite closed?
As I'm pondering about which one to get, if you have any insight feel free to enlighten me!
And better, if any of you own one of those headphones, I'm all ears about how they fare with the Hiby R6 2020 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back