HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Nov 30, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #841 of 1,092
I just received my r5g2 yesterday. Does it need time to optimize battery life to get that advertised 35 hours on economy single ended low gain? I'm "only" getting roughly 22 hours on a full charge. Anything I need to do in settings? Delete the hiby stock app? Everything else seems to be fine, but missing out on an entire third of the advertised battery life irks me.
Android takes it's time to get battery life fine. Give it time

Dec 10, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #842 of 1,092
I've noticed this DAP is not so good for sensitive IEMs like the CA Andromeda, at least in Balanced Mode. The Output Power is too high even in Low Gain Mode. I'm between Volume Step 26 and 28 and I can't adjust the right Volume because it's too rough. There should be a Ultra Low Gain Mode for Low Inpedance IEMs.
Another Thing I've noticed with Tidal: The Sampling Rate Indicator is showing 705,6 k in the Status Bar on some Songs. I think this must be some Bug. I'm on the newest Firmware.
Old Hiby R5s has an option to change the way the volume ramps up, and the alternate setting is much better for sensitive IEMs. I wish Hiby would update R5G2 with that same option for this very reason.

Dec 13, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #844 of 1,092
https://www.amazon.com/ANGKEEL-Cond...0-4b1b-8930-d9508cfade0d&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mi

If anyone wants to give this a try.

It will change your listening experience.
20221211_171706.JPG

Dec 13, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #845 of 1,092
Dec 13, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #846 of 1,092
I don't see how that works if the electronics inside would cause an interference with each other. Also have tried and didn't see any difference, unless you cover up the whole thing and put it in airplane mode
Then its not for you, don't bother with it.

This is for anyone wants to try it.

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #847 of 1,092
Hey guys.

I currently use a a105 and love the sound thru the EQ, but Im thinking on buying another DAP because of the battery. I would love a wm1am2 but its almost impossible to find in Brazil, so i will be buying on aliexpress

I will only stream (that excludes non android devices) and system wide EQ is a must (that excludes shanling m3 ultra).

Im torn between:

R5 gen2
R6 2020
Ar25 mkII

Any thoughts or impressions on which one will sound the better and be the nicest to live with? I will be using a campfire audio c/2019 q4 95% of the time and listenind to metal and other noisy music mainly.

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #848 of 1,092
Hey guys.

I currently use a a105 and love the sound thru the EQ, but Im thinking on buying another DAP because of the battery. I would love a wm1am2 but its almost impossible to find in Brazil, so i will be buying on aliexpress

I will only stream (that excludes non android devices) and system wide EQ is a must (that excludes shanling m3 ultra).

Im torn between:

R5 gen2
R6 2020
Ar25 mkII

Any thoughts or impressions on which one will sound the better and be the nicest to live with? I will be using a campfire audio c/2019 q4 95% of the time and listenind to metal and other noisy music mainly.
If you were willing to spend the money on a wm1am2, why not go for something in the 1k$ state?

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #849 of 1,092
If it was available on aliexpress it would be a thing to consider. (free shipping + interest free installments payment to Brazil).

What other players are in that price bracket? sa700?

Dec 14, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #852 of 1,092
Dec 18, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #853 of 1,092
I’ve decided that my R5G2 will last me 4 or 5 years. A few hours per week listening. Sounds great to my ears on everything I’ve thrown at it. Battery life is fine. Rarely have tech bugs but when I have they’re quick and easy to work through. There are better players to buy but there will always be the next thing to try. No player has ‘everything’ and that’s the fun of the hobby, trying out new devices. Now, if Tidal or Apple Music no longer work due to the Android aging out I just won’t buy another one and use my phone or home system for enjoyment.

Dec 18, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #854 of 1,092
I’ve decided that my R5G2 will last me 4 or 5 years. A few hours per week listening. Sounds great to my ears on everything I’ve thrown at it. Battery life is fine. Rarely have tech bugs but when I have they’re quick and easy to work through. There are better players to buy but there will always be the next thing to try. No player has ‘everything’ and that’s the fun of the hobby, trying out new devices. Now, if Tidal or Apple Music no longer work due to the Android aging out I just won’t buy another one and use my phone or home system for enjoyment.
I would assume by that point I would hope hiby would be smart enough to give us a Android update of some kind to show they care about their players.

Dec 18, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #855 of 1,092
I would assume by that point I would hope hiby would be smart enough to give us an Android update of some kind to show they care about their players.
As long as I can play Tidal I’m happy. Downloading to listen offline is an option but I have not tried. If this device bricks before 2025 I won’t buy another DAP. Someday wireless ear buds or headphones will make DAPs obsolete…maybe not…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back