HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
May 8, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #346 of 1,076
That is absurd. Such a thing can never happen, it is technically impossible to do. I advise both of you to demand a return and refund with Linsoul right away.

I'll try to get HiBy to make a public announcement about this.
Good looking out!

May 8, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #347 of 1,076
That is absurd. Such a thing can never happen, it is technically impossible to do. I advise both of you to demand a return and refund with Linsoul right away.

Well I am screwed up then. Return to china isn't the easiest thing to do for me personally.

May 8, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #348 of 1,076

Thanks for the heads up. I thought so too, but I'm not android savy so I trusted.

I still have all I need through apks. I dont acess gmail or youtube on the dap so, I'm gucci, but others may not. If I need it, I just BT connect with my phone.

I'll Linsoul know.

May 8, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #350 of 1,076
Any reason you guys didn't just order direct from Hiby?

I've done it twice now to UK and cheap, under 10 day delivery, only $10 for delivery and managed to avoid any further customs charges.

May 8, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #351 of 1,076
Yap, last time was also an hiby (r5 saber). Took a month or more to get my refund back.
I purchased the International version of the R6 Pro directly from HiBy shortly after it came out and I had no trouble. But there is always a possibility when ordering an Android DAP from a seller in China that it will come with the local Chinese firmware. If a purchaser has the option (which doesn’t always exist) to buy from a local reseller that is likely safer.

Last edited:
May 8, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #352 of 1,076
So, where's the 'promised' reviews from those getting it for test? Seem to be delayed.

May 8, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #353 of 1,076

I've done it twice now to UK and cheap, under 10 day delivery, only $10 for delivery and managed to avoid any further customs charges.

Usually it's about price/on sale/shipping/review samples.

So, where's the 'promised' reviews from those getting it for test? Seem to be delayed.

I can't speak for others but I've been real busy. Most reviewers do it as a part time job, not a full one. Also takes a while to get impressions of sources. Sure, you know it in the first minutes, but you need to delve more, test features, batery, a/b etc.

May 8, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #354 of 1,076
Well I am screwed up then. Return to china isn't the easiest thing to do for me personally.
They are to be responsible for the return postage.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 8, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #355 of 1,076
Unfortunately, this is a problem in the Chinese description.
Only the positive things are explained, but not the negative ones.
Or they are faked and never a word is written about them, usually not even commented on by the manufacturer himself.

With the Hidisz Ap80 Pro X, for example, it says that it is Apple komatiple connected to the Ipad, I get an error message on the Ipad and the player starts to go haywire.
So nothing with Lightning but only Bluethooth.
And we all know how bad the SBC mode of Apple devices is.

But the description said it was compatible with Apple devices.
And I see parallels in the description.
I also think it's stupid that as a US citizen or European you get the Chinese version and not the English version as it should be.

Sure there are updates and so on but how long do you wait for them?
That would be insufficient for me to pay 400-500 $ and then you stand there and don't know what to do.
I think that's really bad of the Chinese manufacturers.
They should at least leave an info in the description that you can get this version or only partially compatible, then I know as a supposed buyer where I am.
Especially since the Chinese service is sub-standard when it comes to repairs or returns.
Well, this Linsoul is not an authorized seller of this product, we don't even know how they got their hands on so many of these to sell in the first place. We need to investigate and then see whether to bring them on board as an official seller and make them fall in line with official sales policies (such as clearly marking what they're selling and what it can and can't do) or work harder to make sure they don't get any units to sell!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 8, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #356 of 1,076

For me it is basically because of hiby didn't directly ship to my location. Maybe because there is Hiby's authorized seller in where I live.
I just can't wait for them.

They are to be responsible for the return postage.
I didn't know their return policy in case of something like this, even then from what nymz said if it can takes a month or more to get the refund back, that's not great.

May 9, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #357 of 1,076
I didn't know their return policy in case of something like this, even then from what nymz said if it can takes a month or more to get the refund back, that's not great.
Regardless of what they think their return policy is, they are to be responsible for the return postage of your unit (and any other units we hear about, before they noted on their website that these are Chinese version) as well as a full refund (up front, after receiving confirmation that you have posted your unit using their provided postage) if they want to have any chance of ever becoming an official retailer. Since we never even sold these units to them in the first place, that's all the leverage I / we can make over the situation, unfortunately.

Update: Linsoul is now part of our official retail network. Please contact HiBy at service@hiby.com if you were affected by their prior actions and have in hand a R5 gen 2 Chinese edition sold from them that you expected to be an international version device.

Last edited:

May 9, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #358 of 1,076
Regardless of what they think their return policy is, they are to be responsible for the return postage of your unit (and any other units we hear about, before they noted on their website that these are Chinese version) as well as a full refund (up front, after receiving confirmation that you have posted your unit using their provided postage) if they want to have any chance of ever becoming an official retailer. Since we never even sold these units to them in the first place, that's all the leverage I / we can make over the situation, unfortunately.
If you only release to authorized sellers and Linsoul has them without being just that - how would they get them other than theft or from an authorized seller?

May 9, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #359 of 1,076
If you only release to authorized sellers and Linsoul has them without being just that - how would they get them other than theft or from an authorized seller?
Yes, apparently an authorized seller or distributor would have sold them to Linsoul instead of to customers or to an authorized retailer as they should have. But this discussion is going off topic...

Update: since then Linsoul has become an official HiBy reseller.

Last edited:

May 9, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #360 of 1,076
Yes, apparently an authorized seller or distributor would have sold them to Linsoul instead of to customers or to an authorized retailer as they should have. But this discussion is going off topic...
A little. I love mine and bought from Musicteck, tremendous reseller by the way. I typically buy American first and avoid Chinese goods when possible because politically it’s right for me to support my country and because of situations such as this. Not Hiby’s fault but can be corrected. The R5G2 is simply an amazing device. It has so many attributes with minimal deficiencies. I’m able to spend what I want on a DAP but chose this one. I listen to music two to three hours per week is about all I have time for and felt purchasing something expensive for minimal gain was worth the gamble on this. I believed I had great sound before but I now realize these DAPS can do much more for us. My Cobalt sounds good, really good. My R5G2 is markedly better. My DD Iems sound less musical compared to my hybrid iems or Grado SR 125e’s. I’m going to purchase another set of iems to find my end game for the time being (defined as 5 years or if the unit fails). I haven’t started using it beyond wired home listening. After nearly purchasing an expensive AK model I’m relieved I waited for the R5G2. Obviously, I don’t care to be a professional reviewer but I know what sounds good and have since I was I child. Tolerating poor car, home, and personal audio is difficult and so many people settle. Great work Hiby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back