Hiby R3 volume levels / balanced output
Oct 5, 2019 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Glenparva

New Head-Fier
Hi there,

Greetings, I’m a newbie to these forums and after a bit of advice if that’s ok.

Have just purchased a Hiby R3, which I’m loving.

Have transferred a lot of DSD and Flac files onto the SD card and I’m playing it through a Chord Mojo into my Naim amp.

Sounds fabulous - in fact, some well loved albums sound really different and it’s the best sound I have ever achieved in 25 years of assembling my system.

Also using the Hibylink via my iPad, which is super convenient.

My one issue is the volume levels - the music goes from too quiet to too loud, depending on the file being played. I also have an autistic child who jumps out of his skin when a track comes on which is unexpectedly super loud - not good.

Is there any way of equalising/balancing/normalising the output on all files so I’m not constantly having to get up and go to my amp/Mojo to change the volume?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi and welcome! I came across your post while I was searching for discussions on digital vs. analog volume control. You may already have found a solution, but I thought I would recommend replay gain to you. Your R3 may have replay gain as an available feature, but if it doesn't you'll need software to do it. I use the free music player Foobar 2000.

Replay gain scans the volume levels for a group of tracks of your choosing, does some fancy math, and makes the louds softer and the softs louder to smooth out the overall volume level across all the tracks.

Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back