Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jan 13, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #1,202 of 2,094
Is Mseb really working and not mess up the music? IYNWIM . Some Daps has useless EQ because change is marginal or it messes up music
If you search "MSEB" on this site, I think the users' comments speak for themselves.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 14, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #1,204 of 2,094
I finally couldn't hold off any longer, and as a birthday present to myself I bought a R3 Pro Saber, to upgrade from my R3. Just unpacked it yesterday, and it really does sound great. I had a few hiccups in adding more music from my digital library to the card I was using in the R3 and inserted into the Pro, but that wasn't any fault of the player - my MediaMonkey library mysteriously lost some tracks, and I didn't realize that until after going through several useless exercises in futility. After dealing with the resulting mess, I ended up just deleting everything on the card and re-syncing everything I wanted on there. Now, I can listen, and it sounds great.

The only thing bothering me about the R3 Pro is something I'm a bit ashamed to admit. The screen protector they put on it at the factory had a few air bubbles remaining. One was caused by a speck of dust, which is still barely visible when the screen is dark, even though I've eliminated the bubble. The other is at the bottom of the screen and not really in the way. I know I should just forget about them, but the obsessive-compulsive side of me is still irked that it left the factory like this. I am going to leave the screen protector alone - because I can see my self going even crazier in applying another one. And because I will probably not even bother to notice, after awhile.

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #1,205 of 2,094
I finally couldn't hold off any longer, and as a birthday present to myself I bought a R3 Pro Saber, to upgrade from my R3. Just unpacked it yesterday, and it really does sound great. I had a few hiccups in adding more music from my digital library to the card I was using in the R3 and inserted into the Pro, but that wasn't any fault of the player - my MediaMonkey library mysteriously lost some tracks, and I didn't realize that until after going through several useless exercises in futility. After dealing with the resulting mess, I ended up just deleting everything on the card and re-syncing everything I wanted on there. Now, I can listen, and it sounds great.

The only thing bothering me about the R3 Pro is something I'm a bit ashamed to admit. The screen protector they put on it at the factory had a few air bubbles remaining. One was caused by a speck of dust, which is still barely visible when the screen is dark, even though I've eliminated the bubble. The other is at the bottom of the screen and not really in the way. I know I should just forget about them, but the obsessive-compulsive side of me is still irked that it left the factory like this. I am going to leave the screen protector alone - because I can see my self going even crazier in applying another one. And because I will probably not even bother to notice, after awhile.
I bought R3 PRO Saber too, upgrade from R3, same as you. I'm not sure is it worth it, but bought it anyway. What you think?

Jan 15, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #1,206 of 2,094
To me, it’s worth the upgrade, due to significantly improved runtime per charge and a improved sound quality.

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #1,207 of 2,094
I have purchased also the Saber version because i love much this small DAP, anyone knows if the R3 Pro (cirrus/saber) can drive correctly the Tin P1?
I have just order a pair of these planar iem, I hope it can do it for me... finger crossing...

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #1,208 of 2,094
I just got myself one of these. Overall I really like it, but I can't seem to figure out how to fast forward/back up within a track. Ideally there should be a slider bar on the touch screen, but I can't find any way to do it. Can someone help me?

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #1,210 of 2,094
ok thanks... i have to use ifi ican se maybe...

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #1,211 of 2,094
I just got myself one of these. Overall I really like it, but I can't seem to figure out how to fast forward/back up within a track. Ideally there should be a slider bar on the touch screen, but I can't find any way to do it. Can someone help me?
From the main menu click this icon in the upper right corner.
IMG_20210120_112220~2.jpg

This will bring you to the NOW PLAYING tab, where you'll find the slider at the bottom.
IMG_20210120_112230~2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Jan 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #1,212 of 2,094
Unfortunately no, p1 needs more power

Really?? My friend has a P1 and uses it with his phone. It does not get super loud but works fine, I have heard it! The R3 of course has not the strongest amplifier of all DAPs but way better than a phone and should be totally alright imo! I mean, in recent times super small bt modules like qudelix 5k can drive Hd800s - so why shouldn’t the R3 be able to drive P1s?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #1,213 of 2,094
Really?? My friend has a P1 and uses it with his phone. It does not get super loud but works fine, I have heard it! The R3 of course has not the strongest amplifier of all DAPs but way better than a phone and should be alright imo!
IME the P1 does not work well with my R3 Pro Saber. Even using the balanced connection there is simply not enough power to drive them to a decent listening volume. Will they work and make sound? Sure. Is it enough to make it an enjoyable listening experience? Not for me. YMMV

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,215 of 2,094
That helps a bunch! Thanks!

Can I ask another question? I notice you’re using the balanced out. What is that?
It's a 4-core SPC cable that I use with my BK2 earbuds. Can't really mention the brand name, as it's considered banned here on HF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back