Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jul 28, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #961 of 2,073
I’m another person looking to upgrade from a Shanling m0. I absolutely love the sound from the m0 but need a bigger screen and better UI. The R3 Pro has caught my eye, amongst a few other possibilities (ibasso dx160, Fiio M11, Shanling M2).

If I dont care about streaming or balanced output, is the Hiby still the best choice in the $200-400 range? Primarily care about sound quality, smooth and robust UI, and battery life. Thanks!

Jul 29, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #963 of 2,073
I should mention too that I purchased a Fiio M6 about a week and a half ago. It is a good little DAP for the money, but I am wanting a better sound than this offers. I am currently looking at the Hiby R3 Pro and the Fiio M9. Has anyone here compared these 2 DAPs ?

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #964 of 2,073
Had the Fiio M11 and Fiio M11 Pro recently. Wasn’t happy with them. Sound quality was okay, but they were super huge and still couldn’t power my LCD-3 very well. I like the Hiby interface better, they sound great with my Xelentos, and coupled with an IFi Hip-Dac, they sound great with my LCD-3.

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #966 of 2,073
Alright, I made a decision on this and ended up ordering an R3 Pro in the grey color. My Fiio A5 is in the titanium color, so these should mesh well together in a stack. I will be sending the Fiio M6 back today for a refund, and I should get the Hiby in a few days.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #967 of 2,073
I don't think you will regret it. The R3 is a nice form factor, has weight but just enough to let you know it is there. I had the cayin n3 previous and the R3 is just so much better. I pair it with a mojo and that works for me although at some point I will check out the balanced output. I used it briefly with Tin T2 but didn't give it much time as the t2's are not my thing. I ordered the red one but it is kept in a case so you can't see it.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #968 of 2,073
I’m another person looking to upgrade from a Shanling m0. I absolutely love the sound from the m0 but need a bigger screen and better UI. The R3 Pro has caught my eye, amongst a few other possibilities (ibasso dx160, Fiio M11, Shanling M2).

If I dont care about streaming or balanced output, is the Hiby still the best choice in the $200-400 range? Primarily care about sound quality, smooth and robust UI, and battery life. Thanks!
The best budget option would be defenitely R3pro but if it's best SQ then Ibasso DX160, it's even than Fiio M11, M11 is better UI and much faster but everything else DX160 is the best under $500. I wanted to get the DX160 but the battery life was not up to my standard (I travel a lot so needed something with atleast 15hr battery life) so decided to go for R3pro. It's simple, Great Sound DX160, Good sound and battery life R3pro.

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #969 of 2,073
I don't think you will regret it. The R3 is a nice form factor, has weight but just enough to let you know it is there. I had the cayin n3 previous and the R3 is just so much better. I pair it with a mojo and that works for me although at some point I will check out the balanced output. I used it briefly with Tin T2 but didn't give it much time as the t2's are not my thing. I ordered the red one but it is kept in a case so you can't see it.

I am looking forward to getting it. I was notified today that the grey color is not in stock, so I am getting it in black instead. I am not all that concerned about the color so no big deal.

Jul 29, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #970 of 2,073
Strictly concerning sound quality, how does the AP80 Pro compare to the R3 Pro? I don't need Tidal/Qobuz and I'm still unsure which to go with just based on sq.

Jul 29, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #971 of 2,073
I am looking forward to getting it. I was notified today that the grey color is not in stock, so I am getting it in black instead. I am not all that concerned about the color so no big deal.
Let us know your thoughts on the R3 Pro when you get it, and also how it compares to the Shanling M0 and all.

I wanna get it too but not sure.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #975 of 2,073
Read some posts on Reddit stating that they’re having technical issues with their Saber...

@Joe Bloggs Correct me if I misunderstood, but you stated that some Pros’ firmware can’t be updated at all unless one follows the required steps from the Facebook page above...Does this issue apply to both versions or just the Saber?

I’m leaning more towards the Saber version because I already have the older, non-Pro R3, and I do like the sound of the Saber chip inside it, so I’m hoping the Saber Pro would be the logical step up from it. (Is this though process flawed in someway, I’m wondering?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back