Hiby R2, R3, R3 Pro radio.txt File - 226 Verified Stations including SomaFM, 181.fm, and more
Jun 28, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #31 of 43
No reason it shouldn't work; hopefully someone else can confirm (I have the OG R3Pro - not Sabre). Double check that you've re-named the file "radio.txt" (all lower-case) and put it in the root of the SD card. Also, if you did it via USB (or inserted SD card) with power on, you'll need to power the R3Pro off and back on again. I discovered that myself when I tried to edit the file over USB while the player was on. I could read and write to it, but the station list in playlists didn't reflect the changes until I power cycled. It probably only reads the list once at boot-up.
Sir how did you edit the files using the usb? Did you edit it on your computer? I tried editing it on excel but it change to microsoft format. How can i put it back to its original encode format?

Apr 19, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #35 of 43
Jan 8, 2024 at 3:51 PM Post #39 of 43
Where is the internet radio icon on my R2 ii ? Is it not an option on the R2 ii ?
I just figured it out today, it'd only appear when the device language is set to the first one in the options (maybe it's one of the Chinese I think). Only then you could go to the supposedly streaming menu and find the internet radio option next to the Qobuz streams. The custom radio stations from the radio files would be in the rightest menu after that.

It's been like 2 months since I was here to find the solution like you did and I just accidently found it by accident today lmao.

(Maybe it's too late by now but I guess I'd leave it here anyway, it'd be great if it save someone from the future some time)

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #40 of 43
I just figured it out today, it'd only appear when the device language is set to the first one in the options (maybe it's one of the Chinese I think). Only then you could go to the supposedly streaming menu and find the internet radio option next to the Qobuz streams. The custom radio stations from the radio files would be in the rightest menu after that.

It's been like 2 months since I was here to find the solution like you did and I just accidently found it by accident today lmao.

(Maybe it's too late by now but I guess I'd leave it here anyway, it'd be great if it save someone from the future some time)
So that’s a bug that should be fixed by Hiby

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #41 of 43
I agreed, I think we need to spam their email inform them about that, it's one of a few reasons I purchased the unit darn it!

I wish they still fix the bug despite the model being on the budget side, it's still an important feature and should works. Though I'm impressed that they only messed up this feature and not many others. I expected a lot worse, I guess they really did a decent job on this one afterall lol.

Jan 8, 2024 at 7:46 PM Post #42 of 43

I believe @Joe Bloggs is a developer at HiBy.

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #43 of 43
Turns out the option was there all along, it's accessible via Music > Collection (star icon) > Playlists > Custom radio, and it's available in every languages! Despite accessing it feels like going through a maze, it was there all along. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Though I don't think the disappearance of the more easily-accesible option that take like 2 tap in the Streaming Media menu was intentional. But now it's up to them to update (fix) it or not, I prefer it updated though :ksc75smile:

Source: I emailed them, only to find out and kind of embarassed myself lmao, Thank you random HiBy supports guy!

I believe @Joe Bloggs is a developer at HiBy.
It'd be funny if the one who replied my e-mail was him all along lol. I'm wondering what his response would be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back