HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Aug 21, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #782 of 872
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #783 of 872
I simply cannot get a good Bluetooth connection with the new Sony xm5’s ,

Many times the music shows it’s playing but no sound. I’ll repair but I’ve already done this 3 times.

My phone , iwatch have no problems on Bluetooth with xm5’s

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #784 of 872
I simply cannot get a good Bluetooth connection with the new Sony xm5’s ,

Many times the music shows it’s playing but no sound. I’ll repair but I’ve already done this 3 times.

My phone , iwatch have no problems on Bluetooth with xm5’s
Is it just the xm5 that's new to you or the R2 as well?

Have you Bluetooth'd from the R2 to anything else before?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Aug 29, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #785 of 872
Is it just the xm5 that's new to you or the R2 as well?

Have you Bluetooth'd from the R2 to anything else before?
ok i found a workaround. If i put the XM5's in my ears with the R2 turned off and then turn on the R2 I will get no music sound even though the music shows playing on the R2
If I turn on the R2 before i take the Xm5's out of the case and then put the Xm5's in my ear, it works fine every time.

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #786 of 872
Get my R2 II yesterday.
Updated a firmware to 1.1 version. And for the first night had the same "draining battery" issue, as I was read here before.
The "sleep mode" after 5 min was on, but I shut down device manually, remembered the 80% battery charged.
At morning I started it again and see 13 % at all! What the...? Can Hiby 's manager explain that? How can I need to power off that, to have a normal battery charged, without discharging?
Or it means,that when I power of the device by button - it doesn't shut down for real?
And what the difference between "sleep mode timer" and "power off timer", when total power off doesn't work at all? It's seems like some great disappointment for me((
Second problem - when device is charging - it can't be useful at all - has a lot of glitches and lags, when the cable inserted in... It has really cheap power charging circuit in it? Or what?
Third problem - about software - on my Shanling Q1 I have a function - when I add several albums on my Sd card - to update music library "by a folder" - where I can choose only that albums, that I added - and update it. Updating all library of 12000 songs after adding one or two albums is... Meh(
And the last, that makes me laugh - the "website", that I open for transfer files by Wi Fi connection, has the same look, as Shanling, the menu, the buttons , but - it has only Chinese language)))
It's really kills me)
Huh... That's all for less a day of using it... Have a very great hope that someone from Hiby can hear me. Disappointing((

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #787 of 872
Get my R2 II yesterday.
Updated a firmware to 1.1 version. And for the first night had the same "draining battery" issue, as I was read here before.
The "sleep mode" after 5 min was on, but I shut down device manually, remembered the 80% battery charged.
At morning I started it again and see 13 % at all! What the...? Can Hiby 's manager explain that? How can I need to power off that, to have a normal battery charged, without discharging?
Or it means,that when I power of the device by button - it doesn't shut down for real?
And what the difference between "sleep mode timer" and "power off timer", when total power of doesn't work at all? It's seems like some great disappointment for me((
Second problem - when device is charging - it can't be useful at all - has a lot of glitches and lags, when the cable inserted in... It has really cheap power charging circuit in it? Or what?
Third problem - about software - on my Shanling Q1 I have a function - when I add several albums on my Sd card - to update music library "by a folder" - where I can choose only that albums, that I added - and update it. Updating all library of 12000 songs after adding one or two albums is... Meh(
And the last, that makes me laugh - the "website", that I open for transfer files by Wi Fi connection, has the same look, than Shanling, the menu, the buttons , but - it has only Chinese language)))
It's really kills me)
Huh... That's all for less a day of using it... Have a very great hope that someone from Hiby can hear me. Disappointing((
If your device has battery leakage and the charging circuit is affecting usage of the device, you're welcome to exchange / return the unit.

What language did you have the R2 ii itself set to?

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #788 of 872
If your device has battery leakage and the charging circuit is affecting usage of the device, you're welcome to exchange / return the unit.

What language did you have the R2 ii itself set to?
Hmm... I get the device in one of the our local audio stores. Of course,I will return it after several days,if the problem will be repeated. Because it can't be normal.
And this issue was describing for many users here - all of them are returned their devices? Hiby know about this problem? As I think - it's very bad hardware loss by Hiby.
And another issue too - when device is fully useful, while it charging.

I using russian language, but understand English without any problems. If the site was in english - it's will be good. I think - it's not the problem at all.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #789 of 872
Get my R2 II yesterday.
And what the difference between "sleep mode timer" and "power off timer", when total power of doesn't work at all? It's seems like some great disappointment for me((
Second problem - when device is charging - it can't be useful at all - has a lot of glitches and lags, when the cable inserted in... It hasn't really cheap power charging circuit in it? Or what?
And the last, that makes me laugh - the "website", that I open for transfer files by Wi Fi connection, has the same look, than Shanling, the menu, the buttons , but - it has only Chinese language)))
It's really kills me)

For the device to be able to fully power off you need to disable "Standby", so every time it's turned on, it boots from the beginning. However, there is a bug that sometimes (very rarely) leaves the DAC turned on even when the device is fully powered off, depleting the battery very fast. I posted a workaround some pages back for this problem but it's something that either HiBy has to fix or it's a hardware design problem and can't be fixed. We don't know.

Sleep timer: It will turn off the device after X amount of time has passed, even if music is playing.
Idle timer: same as above but only when nothing is playing.
I don't have a power off timer.

2nd: This can happen when the power supply you are using is cheap and has a lot of ripple. Does it also happen when you charge it through a computer? Also, version 1.1 of the firmware has more bugs than v1.0. One of them is being slower and not showing the real battery percentage when it's charging.

3rd: yeah this sucks unfortunately.

4th: Mine is in english, but i'm on V1.0. Didn't try it on V1.1

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #790 of 872
I using russian language, but understand English without any problems. If the site was in english - it's will be good. I think - it's not the problem at all.
It may be, that Chinese is set to be the default by mistake, when a matching language is not found. Let me check and get back to you.

Aug 31, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #791 of 872
And this issue was describing for many users here - all of them are returned their devices?

Nope, I still use mine on a daily basis.
Technically I could ship it back to China, but most likely it'd cost me around 1/3 price of the device. Not really worth it.

I use the workaround that @PtNikko suggested and I had maybe one battery drain for the past month.

I have a question, though @Joe Bloggs :

Can you guarantee that the upcoming HiBy R3 II will be free of this battery issue?
I realize that it'll still suffer from HiBy OS bugs that are apparent on almost every device running it, but what about the hardware?

Aug 31, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #792 of 872
Thx, a lot... I'll try to turn off all "shutdown" features in settings.
But... I don't understand - if turn it off by button, it says "shutdown" and power off - and after that - it is in a standby mode? How it works?
About the "cheap" charger - I use charger for realme 8 - any problems with charging a Shanling Q1 or any other device.
With charging with USB from Xbox Series X - issue is here...
Cable is not damaged or cheap.
Waiting for resolution from Hiby...

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2023 at 11:09 PM Post #793 of 872

Last edited:

Aug 31, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #794 of 872
This is also related to the battery drain issue. Somehow, sometimes the DAC doesn't get the signal to go to sleep when you turn off the device. I confirmed this one time. By removing and inserting the 3.5mm jack while the device is turned off i could hear voltage on the IEM's. The DAP also got warm just by sitting there for one hour turned off. When the DAC properly goes to sleep, you won't hear anything when removing/reinserting the jack.
This is a good way of knowing if the DAP is going to discharge your battery or not.. if you don't hear anything after it's turned off, it's all good. If you do, turn it back on and off again. It's a "decent workaround" for the problem. Only problem i see is the wear it puts to the 3.5mm female connector.
I think, going from this, you discovered a way to find out when the device is going to consume power while powered off, but the event that triggers this issue is still unknown as far as you can tell, correct?

@BleedingSun you're welcome to return the unit for a replacement for the issue with using during charging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back