HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #466 of 872
Turn off the mobile wifi, try to connect with the R2 using the Bluetooth connection and once the connection is established, re-activate the mobile wifi.

Apr 15, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #467 of 872
Warning to R2 & FD1 owners - I just ruined my R2 trying to get it separated from the FD1. I had them connected with the pad that comes with the FD1 - that's the purpose of the pad, right? Well, in trying to get them apart again, the back of the R2 came right off and cracked into pieces. And I was using a plastic electronics pry tool and trying to be careful! Bummer. I'm a HiBy fan, but this FD1 thing doesn't seem very well thought out.

Update - HiBy support helped me out. I purchased a new back for $8 ($15 with the shipping). It just arrived, I stuck it on with the adhesive that was pre-installed on the glass, and everything is back to normal. No problem at all. They offered an option where they would do the repair, but shipping to China and back didn’t make much sense to me.

It’s still true, though, that the back is made of very thin glass. I now have the plastic case that comes with the R2 stuck to the top of my FD1, and I will just keep the case there. Snap the R2 into it. If I want to take the R2 off and use it by itself, I’ll put it in the ”canvas“ case they sell. I like the feel of the fabric and how it keeps the buttons from rattling. 😀

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #468 of 872
can I do this?
phone bluetooth - R2 - fiio Q3 - iem

May 9, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #469 of 872
Firmware update
_20210509_012433.JPG

May 10, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #470 of 872
good IEM/headphone pairing with the R2?

May 14, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #471 of 872
May 16, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #472 of 872
What music gen do you listen to? Look at some Sennheiser stuff.
anything except EDM, punk, rap and hard rock (other than classic rock)

May 16, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #473 of 872
anything except EDM, punk, rap and hard rock (other than classic rock)
Sennheiser 58x drop or HD 560S are great budget headphones. IEMs there are so many budget options as well. Check youtube for reviews.

May 22, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #474 of 872
I’ve just bought the R2 and for now I’m a little bit disappointed with it. As soon as I received it, I installed the new firmware and have been listening to some tunes since then. I have nothing to say about the sound quality of the player. Everything in it sounds great. However, there is a serious flaw when the R2 plays anything from the microSD card. When a tune finishes, the other one begins with a slight, almost imperceptible break (in fact, every tune behaves like that), irrespective of the file format. And it is very annoying. I’ve already tested the gapless, crossfade, and low gain functions, as requested by a Hiby guy that is assisting me, in the attempt to fix the problem, to no avail. Is there something I can do? Is it a bug that will only be fixed when a new firmware is available?

Another issue that I’ve noticed is when R2 plays music from Tidal. Some tunes in M4A format aren’t played at all (the problem does not occur when I play the same song in my computer using Tidal, for instance). An error message appears (playback failed: error 9). A message of file format not supported also appears when I try to view details of the music (in “view album” in Tidal). I thought it accepted all formats. What are those problems? Another bug?

I’ve also noticed that some tunes (even in MQA) in TIDAL end abruptly, that is, they are not finished yet when the next song begins. I’ve browsed on the web for similar complaints and haven’t found any.

Have you experienced any of these problems?

May 28, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #475 of 872
I’ve just bought the R2 and for now I’m a little bit disappointed with it. As soon as I received it, I installed the new firmware and have been listening to some tunes since then. I have nothing to say about the sound quality of the player. Everything in it sounds great. However, there is a serious flaw when the R2 plays anything from the microSD card. When a tune finishes, the other one begins with a slight, almost imperceptible break (in fact, every tune behaves like that), irrespective of the file format. And it is very annoying. I’ve already tested the gapless, crossfade, and low gain functions, as requested by a Hiby guy that is assisting me, in the attempt to fix the problem, to no avail. Is there something I can do? Is it a bug that will only be fixed when a new firmware is available?

Another issue that I’ve noticed is when R2 plays music from Tidal. Some tunes in M4A format aren’t played at all (the problem does not occur when I play the same song in my computer using Tidal, for instance). An error message appears (playback failed: error 9). A message of file format not supported also appears when I try to view details of the music (in “view album” in Tidal). I thought it accepted all formats. What are those problems? Another bug?

I’ve also noticed that some tunes (even in MQA) in TIDAL end abruptly, that is, they are not finished yet when the next song begins. I’ve browsed on the web for similar complaints and haven’t found any.

Have you experienced any of these problems?
I have this issue since the fw update.

May 28, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #476 of 872
I have this issue since the fw update.
Oh darn. Good thing I haven't updated yet. See if you can roll back to the older firmware.

May 30, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #478 of 872
Hello. Unfortunately, the company's support failed to help me, however, the problem also occurred before the firmware update (that is, the last firmware made no difference at all). A total waste of money and time trying to make the guy from Hiby understand me. I do not recommend the player. I'm looking for another player now. Fiio M6 seems to better than R2 from Hiby when It comes to playback and music streaming. I've already returned the player.

May 31, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #479 of 872
Hello. Unfortunately, the company's support failed to help me, however, the problem also occurred before the firmware update (that is, the last firmware made no difference at all). A total waste of money and time trying to make the guy from Hiby understand me. I do not recommend the player. I'm looking for another player now. Fiio M6 seems to better than R2 from Hiby when It comes to playback and music streaming. I've already returned the player.
Sorry to hear. I've had no problems at all from the get go, so I never updated anything. Maybe revert to the original firmware?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back