HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Jun 4, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #481 of 872
While searching for an entry-level mini DAP, but one to have MSEB and other magical features, I found the R2 from HiBy Music !

It has an excellent GUI, really ergonomic shape, and a decent driving power too. For the price of 100 USD, it is one of the most complete DAPs you can get for jogging, or if you simply want something tiny.

Hiby ensures a good OS stability, and I can say I had fun reviewing it. I invite you to read my full article, and if you have questions, I am around to help ~ :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/06/hiby-r2-dap-music-player-uber-portability.html

Hiby-R2-Streaming-Bluetooth-Receiver-DAC-AMP-Balanced-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-43.jpg

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #482 of 872
It’ll be interesting to pair this with the to-be-launched Hiby WH2 LDAC-capable TWS

Jun 15, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #483 of 872
It’ll be interesting to pair this with the to-be-launched Hiby WH2 LDAC-capable TWS
Same here. Kickstarter campaign starts in 1 hour. Dual BA + Hiby R2 is $189 instead of $268.

I have a noob question though. I have chord mojo and I want to pair with R2 and WH2. Is it possible to get all these new WH2 wireless technology with my chord mojo? Last input in the chain being chord mojo and I am trying to get my audio from R2? if it makes sense?

9a39b82f94ceda2aa434b88010df91c4_original.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #484 of 872
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #485 of 872
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #486 of 872
Same here. Kickstarter campaign starts in 1 hour. Dual BA + Hiby R2 is $189 instead of $268.

I have a noob question though. I have chord mojo and I want to pair with R2 and WH2. Is it possible to get all these new WH2 wireless technology with my chord mojo? Last input in the chain being chord mojo and I am trying to get my audio from R2? if it makes sense?

9a39b82f94ceda2aa434b88010df91c4_original.jpg
Can you elaborate on what role you envision each item (Mojo, R2, WH2) will play in your system?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:03 PM Post #488 of 872
No, you can't use mojo with wireless devices only wired.

Bluetooth is a digital signal. The earphones receive that signal and convert to analogue themselves.

If the mojo was in the chain then it's output would need to be converted back to digital and then transmitted by Bluetooth, which makes the Mojo's digital to analogue conversion redundant.

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #489 of 872
Hi everybody, just bought this DAP after my beloved Shanling M0 and I'm experiencing some issues with the IU and the software, that are new to me: I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here...
So, here are the questions:
1. I'm listening an entire album (through folders) and, for some reason, I need to shut down the device in the middle of it; when I turn it on again, it doesn't remember where I stopped listening...
2. Can I remove the big watch in the blocked screen, that ruins the cover of the album?
Other than that, i appreciate the "musical" sound and the mseb.
Thanks!

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #490 of 872
Hi everybody, just bought this DAP after my beloved Shanling M0 and I'm experiencing some issues with the IU and the software, that are new to me: I'm pretty sure I'm missing something here...
1. I'm listening an entire album (through folders) and, for some reason, I need to shut down the device in the middle of it; when I turn it on again, it doesn't remember where I stopped listening...
2. Can I remove the big watch in the blocked screen, that ruins the cover of the album?
Thanks!
1. not working.
2. You can't.

Jun 20, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #491 of 872
Thanks!
1. You can try looking up play settings on the R2 to check its resume options.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jun 27, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #493 of 872
hello, anybody can explain ? a little help appreciated ..
whenever R2 at shutdown mode, is it really drain battery ? not standby.
mine if im turn it on in the next day, the battery drop about 3-5% from fully charged 100%.
and i think its random drop .. sometime about a week at 8-12% drop.
so if the device at full charged & not using it, then i want to use the day after tomorrow, it will not at 100% battery but maybe at 95-98%.
is it normal ? this is concern me. so if im not using it for a long time .. say a month or more, i presume it will depleted into 0%.
what should i do to solve this matter ?
sorry for my bad english & thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back