HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Jan 15, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #378 of 871
Anyone else had the HiBy Beans, hardly anything on them? Look cool af

I actually covered them in details in my review.

hiby_r2-fd1-beans-12.jpg

Jan 15, 2021 at 9:43 PM Post #379 of 871
I actually covered them in details in my review.

hiby_r2-fd1-beans-12.jpg

Thanks @twister6 think I'll pass on them after reading that. I read the Beans "level of clarity and detail retrieval can easily compete with IEM’s around the 100 – 150 USD range"... sounds a bit hyped up now.

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #382 of 871
Jan 17, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #383 of 871
Sorry if answered or I missed it in your review... but does it allow for TIDAL and Spotify to be used offline yet? Also, was it the R3 Pro original or Saber you used in comparisons?

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #384 of 871
Sorry if answered or I missed it in your review... but does it allow for TIDAL and Spotify to be used offline yet? Also, was it the R3 Pro original or Saber you used in comparisons?

off-line is only available in a full Android app. R2/R3/pro uses native cutdown version of Tidal and Qobuz for streaming only, including access to your playlists.

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #385 of 871
Thanks to @twister6 for answering. I use the R3 Pro Original for comparison. Cheers.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #386 of 871
Thanks. My FIIO M6 is starting to develop black pixelated lines over the screen and outwith warranty. I'm looking for a DAP that has Tidal offline but don't want to break the bank... def under £200 which is limiting me to eBay for pre-owned, but the decent ones are being snapped up quickly... guess cos people are in lockdown looking for passtime

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #387 of 871
Thanks. My FIIO M6 is starting to develop black pixelated lines over the screen and outwith warranty. I'm looking for a DAP that has Tidal offline but don't want to break the bank... def under £200 which is limiting me to eBay for pre-owned, but the decent ones are being snapped up quickly... guess cos people are in lockdown looking for passtime
Get the R5. :)

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #389 of 871
Just received my Hiby R2. It doesn't appear to allow the option of playing albums sequentially. That's counter intuitive, does anyone know how to to get it to do so?
There's a "Play through Folders" and a "Play through Albums" setting in Play Settings.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 22, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #390 of 871
There's a "Play through Folders" and a "Play through Albums" setting in Play Settings.
Yes, I've seen those toggles and tried them. I still get the player moving alphabetically through all of the tracks; they don't appear to do anything.

Also, are others experiencing regular bluetooth drop outs? I've connected my R2 to two different sets of bluetooth iems and in both cases even when the player is in my coat pocket it disconnects and reconnects with an irritating consistency. The problem isn't the earphones as both pairs maintain a perfect connection with a much cheaper DAP I purchased from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back