HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Nov 20, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #46 of 228
https://mega.nz/file/FdAhWbAL#bOyCblvuiACxAFYcEAHPE6bm-wdIKV9HRsNJAygoemM

Here's what's intended to be the release version of the update that formally incorporates Darwin V2. This will be the same as what gets uploaded to our servers later, unless anyone here finds exceptional issue that we need to correct first.

Installation instructions are included.
Hello, Mr. Joe.

I just bought my FC6. Is this the latest version of the firmware? Also sorry for troubling you but could i install the update via the hiby app?

Edit :- Its ok i updated to the firmware v1.07 from v1.02 using the DFU tool rather than the flashtool. I got the HDR Mode and the darwin ultra filter.

May i ask what is the improvement with the Darwin Ultra filter? Thank you, would love to mention it on my review :)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #51 of 228
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/emkn...test.zip?rlkey=pth39ng9uomhvx4t4y6uhbvd7&dl=0

As promised, here's a preview firmware with the Darwin Ultra V2 filters for the FC6.
Changelog vs v1.06
1. Optimized frequency response at 44.1kHz for all filters. (Darwin Ultra filter response is as designed)
2. Darwin ultra is temporarily named "Minimum Phase" but is actually mixed phase ("optimal phase").
3. Other filters are as labelled (fast, slow, normal vs late rolloff) but, not listed is the phase behaviour. V1.06 these were linear phase, now they are minimum phase
4. Final production firmware will feature volume balancing between all OS filters. (Currently Fast Late > Fast Normal > Slow Late > Slow Normal > Darwin Ultra for loudness (only very slightly)

How to install
-unzip the downloaded zip file and follow the instructions of "Instructions for update using Flashtool.docx". (No DFU version available for this preview)
Gentlemen,

Did everything like shown in the video ..gives me an error ( win 10 ) for the beta firmware
Link for 1.06 firmware download does not work
I don't get WASAPI under Win10 / JRiver

Anything appreciated !
:pray:

Nov 23, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #55 of 228
@Joe Bloggs

Since the specifications on your website are a little bit ambiguous, could you please clarify which of HiBy FD1, FD3, FC1, FC3 w/o display, FC3 w/ display, FC4 and FC6 do support in-line microphone (4-pole 3.5mm CTIA TRRS) and/or in-line controls?

Nov 24, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #56 of 228
@Joe Bloggs

Since the specifications on your website are a little bit ambiguous, could you please clarify which of HiBy FD1, FD3, FC1, FC3 w/o display, FC3 w/ display, FC4 and FC6 do support in-line microphone (4-pole 3.5mm CTIA TRRS) and/or in-line controls?
This is a good question. I'm sorry about the ambiguity, they wanted to emphasize that they would all play music through the TRRS earphones (unless they were OMTP-wired), so the actual 4th pole functionalities didn't quite find its own place to be listed. Sorry about that.

The FC1 and FC3 support microphone input.

The FC4, FC6, FD3 and FD1 support in-line remote control input. (Note, this is different from microphone input. And no, the FC1 and FC3 do not support this)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #57 of 228
This is a good question. I'm sorry about the ambiguity, they wanted to emphasize that they would all play music through the TRRS earphones (unless they were OMTP-wired), so the actual 4th pole functionalities didn't quite find its own place to be listed. Sorry about that.

The FC1 and FC3 support microphone input.

The FC4, FC6, FD3 and FD1 support in-line remote control input. (Note, this is different from microphone input. And no, the FC1 and FC3 do not support this)
Just to make sure that I understand correctly:

FC1, FC3: in-line microphone yes, in-line control no.
FC4, FC6, FD1, FD3: in-line microphone no, in-line control yes.

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #58 of 228
Is there a specific Hiby driver for the FC6 in Windows or do you use the native one of the operating system? Thank you.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #60 of 228
Got ASIO from HIBY web and native wasapi..if only could tell a difference XD
I use Qobuz... so I would say that windows wasapi will be fine... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back