Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #391 of 403
It is a technology to overcome the limitations of R2R, which relies on a high internal sample rate (achieved by oversampling). It improves linearity at low sample levels, especially at the zero-crossings, at the cost of adding a high frequency (ultrasonic) component, which should however be filtered out by the output LPF. We have however heard people having issues with the mode on certain earphones however, so have kept it as an option.
Thanks for the details @Joe Bloggs. Seems like a great idea for the most susceptible to R2R matching region, the one close to zero.

Does HDR work in NOS mode? (Given that a part of the HDR process is oversampling)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #393 of 403
How good IS the iem for People who want strong vocals Forward?
Hey, are you sure this is the correct thread you intended to post in? This is a thread fot a dac, not iem.

Dacs are mostly transparent, so they don't sound much different in terms of vocals. The differences are quite minor unless a dac has issues.

Iems, unlike dacs, do sound different in terms of FR including vocals and you can get a good advice if you ask your question better.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:49 AM Post #395 of 403
So can I just have confirmation that I should do a update for my FC6? And if not why?
So, you can do whatever you like. Updates are released for a reason, they improve either sound or stability of work, or both. No reasons in this exact case to avoid the latest update.

Updating takes a minute only, you get the latest filter iterations and fw polishings. Also you get the new hyped Darwin filter in OS mode, its slight coloring isn't my cup still an additional interesting option.

My advice (if needed) - get updated to the latest version and use NOS mode as that is what makes a R2R different with PCM audio, in OS mode it is just a bit more euphonic (due to a bit lower transparency) version of oversampling similar to delta-sigma.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #396 of 403
Definitely do an update, there are quite a few bugs in the older firmware.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #397 of 403
Alright thank you!
So, you can do whatever you like. Updates are released for a reason, they improve either sound or stability of work, or both. No reasons in this exact case to avoid the latest update.

Updating takes a minute only, you get the latest filter iterations and fw polishings. Also you get the new hyped Darwin filter in OS mode, its slight coloring isn't my cup still an additional interesting option.

My advice (if needed) - get updated to the latest version and use NOS mode as that is what makes a R2R different with PCM audio, in OS mode it is just a bit more euphonic (due to a bit lower transparency) version of oversampling similar to delta-sigma.

Apr 29, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #398 of 403
Alright thank you!
Enjoy! Don't take my advice for granted but do try NOS mode at least for some time. In NOS mode it does very good native pcm conversion, unlike any OS mode and any delta-sigma device.

It is not Ladder Schumann but it is cheaper and you can take it anywhere with you.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #399 of 403
I hear this device has been discontinued. Will hiby make new r2r dongle release this year?

May 1, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #400 of 403
I hear this device has been discontinued. Will hiby make new r2r dongle release this year?
I second to that question!

It was a great start in pocket r2r from HiBy hopefully they build upon it. Many things were done right and pioneered. There is a potential for quite a lot of improvements too, so hopefully they make a new one.

May 1, 2024 at 7:03 PM Post #401 of 403
I didn't like this dongle at all listening too my Xelento everything was too forward in your face and too much richness no soundstage. Take my dco3 all day over it and the dull lifeless w2. Just being frank, was very disappointed with it sent back too musictek. Maybe that's just how r2r is supposed too sound but obv it hasn't become a hit and others have thought the same thing which makes me wonder why Andy was so high on it the masses obv arent so. Must have too have a special sound sig preference too like this housy full rich sound.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #402 of 403
I didn't like this dongle at all listening too my Xelento everything was too forward in your face and too much richness no soundstage. Take my dco3 all day over it and the dull lifeless w2. Just being frank, was very disappointed with it sent back too musictek. Maybe that's just how r2r is supposed too sound but obv it hasn't become a hit and others have thought the same thing which makes me wonder why Andy was so high on it the masses obv arent so. Must have too have a special sound sig preference too like this housy full rich sound.
There is always a synergy . For example bright IEM paired with Neutral brightist DAC will sound way too much. This dongle sound so good with V, U, Neutral, Bright iem as far as i tried it. Also taste matter i.e. some love super extreme forward vocal like elysian annihilator some like me dont like it. Regarding R2R the hiby fc6 r2r sound way too warm from my experience and way too intimate. I love R2r for its analog smooth sound but by far FC6 is the warmest and most intimate. I own Hiby RS8 and goldenwave serenade which have the most holographic and huge soundstage also neutral with a hint of warm.

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #403 of 403
My experience was completely different in terms of the sound characteristics you described.

Unity variations, filters used, OS vs NOS, hearing, taste, iems, music library all impact this.

Not challenging your personal opinion. But I disagree with your speculative and unsupported generalization that "others have thought the same..the masses obviously...".

Welcome to express your opinion but don't speak for "the masses".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back