HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Jan 7, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #376 of 643
Hey does anyone have issues with battery drain? When it's on standby, it loses significant power. Even when powered off, it went down to 85% while plugged in to my battery bank that shut off after recharging to 100%. Maybe I have a bad unit? Or my settings aren't set correctly?
Replace it

Jan 8, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #378 of 643
Thanks for the tips, i’ll try to contact Creative tech support then.
For the sake of anyone, i got the Aptx Adaptive to work only by doing factory reset of the DAP after last firmware upgrade.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #379 of 643
I just got my M300 and I have what seems to be an odd problem.

When I use the Headphone jack the volume gets plenty loud, but when I use the USB out with a DragonFly Red, the volume doesn't go very loud. I've looked through the menus for a setting that might change that, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Jan 8, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #380 of 643
I just got my M300 and I have what seems to be an odd problem.

When I use the Headphone jack the volume gets plenty loud, but when I use the USB out with a DragonFly Red, the volume doesn't go very loud. I've looked through the menus for a setting that might change that, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
I know longer have a M300 but if I recall correctly under sound / volume section you will have two choices, the 2nd one down I believed is called Media Volume if it is set on 10 move it up to 15. That is what controls the volume when using usb headphones or dacs. I had sent mine back because after I would max out the volume it would always reset its self back to 10 and not stay at 15. Just another hassle I was not willing to deal with.

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:53 PM Post #381 of 643
I know longer have a M300 but if I recall correctly under sound / volume section you will have two choices, the 2nd one down I believed is called Media Volume if it is set on 10 move it up to 15. That is what controls the volume when using usb headphones or dacs. I had sent mine back because after I would max out the volume it would always reset its self back to 10 and not stay at 15. Just another hassle I was not willing to deal with.
Thanks, I already turned up the Media volume all the way and it helped a bit, but the output from the 3.5 mm jack is still far greater.

fwiw - when I turn the media volume up to 15, it stays there.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #382 of 643
I don't think anyone's mentioned this so far:

There's an M300 case being sold on AliExpress at the moment. Transparent or translucent TPU.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #383 of 643
Hey guys, my full M300 review is now online here. Enjoy!

M300_12.jpg

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #384 of 643
I don't think anyone's mentioned this so far:

There's an M300 case being sold on AliExpress at the moment. Transparent or translucent TPU.
amazon has it too.

Jan 9, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #385 of 643
Hi, folks!
I've been looking for a small Android device that doesn't have cell capabilities. My foster son is currently 4yo and is nonverbal, but he loooooves synths and samplers. I have let him play with Koala and Kaossilator on my phone, but he inevitably figures out how to defeat the app pinning and ends up calling an emergency number.

Can anyone try Koala Sampler, Looper, or other audio recording apps and confirm how well the m300 performs with them?

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #386 of 643
Hi, folks!
I've been looking for a small Android device that doesn't have cell capabilities. My foster son is currently 4yo and is nonverbal, but he loooooves synths and samplers. I have let him play with Koala and Kaossilator on my phone, but he inevitably figures out how to defeat the app pinning and ends up calling an emergency number.

Can anyone try Koala Sampler, Looper, or other audio recording apps and confirm how well the m300 performs with them?

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #389 of 643
Hey guys, my full M300 review is now online here. Enjoy!

M300_12.jpg
Good read, and I agree with pretty much everything, except the TWS only because I don't own a Sony pair, so I can't agree nor disagree.

If you ever want to return to your review, I think it might be worth pointing out how you can connect external USB-C DACs to it and get balanced output if desired. Or just the overall versatility of the port.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #390 of 643
Good read, and I agree with pretty much everything, except the TWS only because I don't own a Sony pair, so I can't agree nor disagree.

If you ever want to return to your review, I think it might be worth pointing out how you can connect external USB-C DACs to it and get balanced output if desired. Or just the overall versatility of the port.
Thanks, yes the USB-C port is very versatile, although once you're using it to output sound files to a DAC, the M300 basically becomes just another digital transport (you can do the same with any phone, for example). Nothing wrong with that, but the 'balanced' output is then because of the balanced DAC you're connected to, not because the M300 is outputting a balanced signal.

Still, very versatile and useful, like you say. It's actually quite incredible how much tech they've packed into a $199 device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back