HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Jan 4, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #346 of 643
Why are you so attracted with aptX adaptive? The thing is, it adapts to electromagnetic interference (that is almost always) selecting the lowest bitrate. To my taste, aptX HD or AAC or just aptX are better.
First, I knew I wanted to send and receive in a BT lossless codec, then I zeroed in on the Ultras. What I was attracted to in the Ultras, was that it had a BT lossless codec and it sounded and felt good in my ears.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #347 of 643
BT lossless codec
BT bandwidth isn't sufficient to transfer 1.4 Mbit/s. So, it is impossible to get real lossless. Any approaches use maximum of BT bandwidth and are fairly unstable. At any case BT transport lost is usually much less noticeable rather than earphones quality itself: many (so called) Hi-End BT phones use SBC and AAC codecs only.

Jan 4, 2024 at 10:01 PM Post #348 of 643
After scouring the internet, I found out that the Bose Ultras' aptX Adaptive will only work if the source is Snapdragon-compliant.

It does not say that in, or on any promotional material the company puts out that I could find. Nor did Bose Customer Service know anything about it, even after spending 2 hours in chats, and 1 hour on the phone with the promise of a phone call-back by a senior tech.......which never happened.

Case closed.....Earbuds~ looking for a xMEMS hybrid, with Adaptive ANC, lossless codec(s); LDAC and/or aptX HD, and Adaptive...which will play nice with the M300.
5 days to go till CES......I bet there will be more choices than we have now.
I believe it also has to be snapdragon 8gen v2 or 3 from what I read on some marketing.

Jan 5, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #349 of 643
My First Impressions of the M300:

IEMs used: Subtonic Storm, Dunu Zen, Hidition Viento

• Love the size and form factor. Reminds me of the Sony NW-A35/45/55 series or the A105/306. Not as nice build quality-wise but not far off.
  • Screen is bright and sharp.
  • 3.5mm jack only, but has speaker, which is good/bad. I find it annoying personally, because if I unplug my headphones, sometimes music will start playing out speaker which is umm unexpected while at work. :D
  • Android 13, pretty much bare bones. Has Play Store. I loaded it up with Poweramp and Roon Arc, and a 512GB microsd card
  • Uses stock android volume control system, for the most part. It looks like it may be slightly customized, but its not as fancy as other players.
  • Does not have a "previous track" button. Only forward track button.
  • Poweramp loaded my music off SD very very slowly for some reason. Much slower than I expected. No idea why. The SoC should be perfectly acceptable.
  • Snapdragon SoC
  • Has no problem with my IEMs including the very hard to drive Subtonic Storm.
  • Sound sounds for the most part, transparent, punchy, and airy. Definitely not warm like some older Hiby stuff. It's "clean" but not sterile.
  • Battery life is suprisingly good. Better than my other Android-DAPs for sure and can easily last a full day of off and on usage, even with my most power hungry IEM.
  • FM Radio app is something I miss from older HTC devices. Nice to see it back as someone who listens to a lot of Sports Radio.
I had the same problem with library scanning in Poweramp, 8000songs scanned in about 40mins… very slow, even compared to old Sony A105.
:frowning2:

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #352 of 643
Anyone having battery drain?
Left the M300 with screen off and no app open, it discharged 10% in 1h.
was wifi on? That's mostly Android system background services.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #359 of 643
Anyone who has m300 in silver color, can you please share the pics, want to check how it looks in real life rather than product images.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #360 of 643
Is anyone having audio dropout issues with the Hiby music app and RU7? I don’t have this issue with the UAPP player. It also does dropouts if I click the power button on/off to turn the display on/off. I’m mainly using it as a digital source for the RU7. Battery does not last very long in this mode.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back