HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Dec 27, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #256 of 614
It was being worked on, perhaps your suggestion would speed up the progress. The CEO did compliment you on the suggestion.

For now, I would suggest checking out other player apps available on Android, such as Poweramp, Neutron or Musicolet.

Our app is favoured among audiophiles for its bit-perfect abilities in outputting to USB or the headphone jacks on R-series HiBy devices, but these exclusive advantages don't apply to the M300 so feel free to use anything.
Not sure how this will be implemented. I believe detecting the new & changed files (tracks) based on the file system dates is trivial and should be very fast for the CPU. What may be more CPU-intensive is to detect any deleted file in the library: you pretty much need to scan every entry in the database to verify if the corresponding file still exists (19,000 entries in @vokain example). When this is done, you still have to update/rebuild the database indexes, which may also be time-consuming for the CPU.
So, there is a risk that a “Delta” scan may not be much quicker in the end (speculation on my part, only Hiby can answer this).
IMHO, a “Look for New & Changed Files” option would be OK. I rarely delete files from my library (~13,000 tracks), and having to re-scan the entire library in that particular case would be an acceptable trade-offs.

Dec 27, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #257 of 614
Not sure how this will be implemented. I believe detecting the new & changed files (tracks) based on the file system dates is trivial and should be very fast for the CPU. What may be more CPU-intensive is to detect any deleted file in the library: you pretty much need to scan every entry in the database to verify if the corresponding file still exists (19,000 entries in @vokain example). When this is done, you still have to update/rebuild the database indexes, which may also be time-consuming for the CPU.
So, there is a risk that a “Delta” scan may not be much quicker in the end (speculation on my part, only Hiby can answer this).
IMHO, a “Look for New & Changed Files” option would be OK. I rarely delete files from my library (~13,000 tracks), and having to re-scan the entire library in that particular case would be an acceptable trade-offs.
Perhaps what everybody really is after is the ability to continue using the app while whatever scan is going on is ongoing?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 27, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #258 of 614
Perhaps what everybody really is after is the ability to continue using the app while whatever scan is going on is ongoing?
That would be a great solution as well! I backup my library on a OneDrive account. On the M300, I use OneSync app to mirror my music library from OneDrive, but I have to remember to launch a scan whenever I change something: an “auto-scan” running in the background would be great !!! :L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #259 of 614
All of the above :D
These are all good basic features that should be implemented in every version of Hiby software going forward

Rescan in background
Full rescan (to detect deletions and such)
Quick rescan (check file system)

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 10:26 PM Post #260 of 614
Hi @Joe Bloggs, I forgot 1 "bad" thing in M300 currently, that's is when you locked your screen, if you want to decrease/increase volume, you have to press the volume button many times until it met the satisfy volume. Can you ask dev to bring ability to hold volume button to decrease/increase volume rather than press? :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #262 of 614
Any update please!
Hi, I were do a test on both Tidal & Music yesterday but did not run from 100% to 0%, but here is some info that we can calculate the approximate time:

First 2 hours of listening:
App: Tidal
Connection: WIFI
Output: Hipdac2
Battery: 100% - 85%

Another listen ~30 mins
App: Apple Classical Music
Output: directly from 3.5mm jack
Battery: 82% - 78%

Currently listening ~ 1 hour:
App: Apple Music
Battery: FROM 72% - 67%.

So if you are using streaming app & connect with 3.5mm jack from DAP, the battery will be longer, 8 hours+ of listening is easy to achieve

Dec 27, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #263 of 614
It was being worked on, perhaps your suggestion would speed up the progress. The CEO did compliment you on the suggestion.

For now, I would suggest checking out other player apps available on Android, such as Poweramp, Neutron or Musicolet.

Our app is favoured among audiophiles for its bit-perfect abilities in outputting to USB or the headphone jacks on R-series HiBy devices, but these exclusive advantages don't apply to the M300 so feel free to use anything.
So you don’t get bitperfect playback with the 3.5mm headphone out on the m300 with hiby app??

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:08 PM Post #264 of 614
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #265 of 614
Hi, I were do a test on both Tidal & Music yesterday but did not run from 100% to 0%, but here is some info that we can calculate the approximate time:

First 2 hours of listening:
App: Tidal
Output: Hipdac2
Battery: 100% - 85%

Another listen ~30 mins
App: Apple Classical Music
Battery: 82% - 78%

Currently listening ~ 1 hour:
App: Apple Music
Battery: FROM 72% - 67%.

So if you are using streaming app & connect with 3.5mm jack from DAP, the battery will be longer, 8 hours+ of listening is easy to achieve
Thanks a ton! Have been spamming here and there for this! Much appreciated. That seals it. Shall buy one. You happy with the rest of the stuff with it?

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #266 of 614
Mo' problems with the M300

Hiby player library is having serious problems parsing the tags of some of my songs. For example, for one persistent record of The Allman Brothers, Live From A&R Studios, it still stays in "Allman Brothers Band" despite my quintuple checking the tags for that album in multiple tag editing programs . I think it's because of the "&" symbol in the album field.

tempImagelghyVp.png

Other problems are in songs with accented letters. They cause these songs to pop up under Album Artists as "Unknown" and also for some reason "Unknown" is under the S's in album artist.

tempImage8iwyrO.png

I've deleted them off the drive and put fresh copies on with correct and filled tags, still the same problem. I'm convinced it's with how Hiby parses different symbols. I've fully erased my m300 too, no luck.

Also, bands that start with "The" are all together instead of being sorted by the next letters after "The"

Like I'm really good with devices and computers and such, but this M300 has just been headache after headache. Poorly implemented player. Probably will have to return it to Amazon.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #267 of 614
Bro why don't you do yourself a favour and use another app and see if your tagging problems are alleviated?

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:31 PM Post #268 of 614
Bro why don't you do yourself a favour and use another app and see if your tagging problems are alleviated?
I was told that other apps wouldn't be bit-perfect, but I guess I just found out a few minutes ago that Hiby isn't either and resamples everything?

Musicolet is parsing my library now... will check, but both MP3tag and Swinsian on my Mac report the correct tags for all files.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #269 of 614
Thanks a ton! Have been spamming here and there for this! Much appreciated. That seals it. Shall buy one. You happy with the rest of the stuff with it?
Of course I am.

One more thing I love about this DAP is how other people reaction, even my seller.
They have seen tons of big chunky DAP, and when they see M300, they are totally surprise how small it is (most of them said it's cute lol), also the smoothness of the SD chip & Android OS, also the power of it, it can even drive my HD600 loud enough :)

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #270 of 614
I was told that other apps wouldn't be bit-perfect, but I guess I just found out a few minutes ago that Hiby isn't either and resamples everything?

Musicolet is parsing my library now... will check, but both MP3tag and Swinsian on my Mac report the correct tags for all files.
You are only get bit-perfect from USB-C DAC, not the 3.5mm, the 3.5mm still going to Android's SRC AFAIK
Have you checked the UAPP?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro&hl=en&gl=US

You can try purchase them, if not satisfy you can refund it :) UAPP also have bit-perfect feature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back