Hi-Res Portable DAPs comparison chart 2022
Jan 31, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 82
Doubt it'll be in production at that point, but there's always the 2nd hand market.
But going by Sony’s standard it might be. The signature series is still in production for past 6 years

Jan 31, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #18 of 82
Not unless they redesign the DAC structure, which is based on the now extinct AK4497EQ chip.
Was not aware of DAC chip but ya if they don’t have good number of that chip handy with them then they have to

Jan 31, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #19 of 82
Terrific resource and beautifully designed - bravo!

My only quibble is that M17 should surely be bumped to High-End class....:smile_phones:
Exactly,
Terrific resource and beautifully designed - bravo!

My only quibble is that M17 should surely be bumped to High-End class....:smile_phones:
Unless DX220 Max and SP1000 are in front of M17..

Jan 31, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #23 of 82
What make you think that M17 is not a premium product?
I own SP2K/Traillii combo and in my opinion M17 is as strong in technicalities as SP2K while having ESS signature type of sound.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #24 of 82
Thank you for waiting.
The latest "Hi-Res Portable Digital Audio Players(DAPs) comparison chart 2022" is available now.

Since the 2021 version below, thank you for many suggestions and contributions!
Although it still does not include all of the requests in that thread, I'll update continuously as possible.

Hi-Res Portable DAPs comparison chart 2022​

• The models listed on this chart are based on the Japanese market (I'm Japanese) and some of the Global markets, sorted by order of USD price.
  • The chart is divided into 4 pics by restrictions of the layout and roughly by price ranges.
  • If you noticed incorrect description, value, or missing pieces of information you know, please mention it. Of course, your requests are welcome.
  • Although in recent years, some large-sized "Trans-portable" or "Carryable" Players have appeared, they are not included for their size and category classification are uncertain.
  • I'll update this article and the charts continuously till the end of 2022.
The first version was published as my blog entry (in Japanese) on Jan 8, 2022

In this blog entry, I discussed the market trend from my point of view. And moreover, it includes a "price to release date mapped graph" and 10K HD version link.

1. Entry to Mid-range

2. Mid-range to Premium class​

3. Premium to High-end class​

4. High-end class​

Last updated: Jan 10, 2022

10K HD version​

If you want more high-resolution PNG images, please visit the Dropbox folder link below.

I hope you enjoy it and help you to choose your next DAP.

FYI:
Audio & Tech blog (in Japanese): "Azalush5" https://azalush5.hatenablog.com/
Twitter: @align_centre (mostly in Japanese, the latest update will be posted on Twitter)
Your charts have been my go-to for the longest time. Glad to see they make head-fi front page. Love from USA.

Jan 31, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #25 of 82
What make you think that M17 is not a premium product?
I own SP2K/Traillii combo and in my opinion M17 is as strong in technicalities as SP2K while having ESS signature type of sound.
"The models listed on this chart are based on the Japanese market (I'm Japanese) and some of the Global markets, sorted by order of USD price."

Jan 31, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #29 of 82
Yeah m17 needs to be moved for sure

The list is by price, not quality. Maybe Fiio should raise the price so it moves up... :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back