Hi From Apos Audio & Announcing The Caspian Headphone Launch
May 10, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #122 of 130
Apr 13, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #125 of 130
These are perfect headphones for relaxing in bed listening to music -- which is what I'm doing right now. :D Straight out of a MacBook Air M1 headphone jack -- so easy to drive, pleasant, non-fatiguing sound.

Apr 13, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #126 of 130
I almost forgot about these. Never did get around to trying them. Not much talk or reviews out there either. Is the fit more on the snug or loose side?

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:09 AM Post #127 of 130
I almost forgot about these. Never did get around to trying them. Not much talk or reviews out there either. Is the fit more on the snug or loose side?
A comfortable snug to me -- ear pads are generously sized -- clamp keeps them from sliding around my head without squeezing too hard.

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #128 of 130
A comfortable snug to me -- ear pads are generously sized -- clamp keeps them from sliding around my head without squeezing too hard.
Warm, bassy, and moderately dark? Any air or extension up top? Does it kick more in the sub or mid bass? Are the mid mids flat, forward, or recessed? I'm looking for a headphone to use lifting weights in my home gym, so I'm after a relatively snug fitment, that really excels with rock and metal. Is it fairly forgiving of lesser quality source material?

Apr 14, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #129 of 130
Warm, bassy, and moderately dark? Any air or extension up top? Does it kick more in the sub or mid bass? Are the mid mids flat, forward, or recessed? I'm looking for a headphone to use lifting weights in my home gym, so I'm after a relatively snug fitment, that really excels with rock and metal. Is it fairly forgiving of lesser quality source material?

Don’t get me lyin’ now 😂 if I roll into straight answers for those, I run the risk of mangling the truth on the way from those words to my ears back to words. 😂

But, what I would say is full, not sure if in the songs I was listening to tonight had heft in the sub or mid bass - I want to say some of it sure sounded like sub bass to me….

Mids , oof, boy, I’d need to compare with something… definitely not too forward as I never recall anything sounding shouty…

Treble, kind of rolled off but not bad like the Andover planar magnetics which sounded muffled. Sparkle but like a dusting.

Relaxing listen - nothing sounded bad on it to me ears and I was just listening to random songs on Spotify.

But… give me two songs so I can compare between a phone we share (58X perhaps) and the Caspian and that might be more accurate for this purpose.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #130 of 130
Don’t get me lyin’ now 😂 if I roll into straight answers for those, I run the risk of mangling the truth on the way from those words to my ears back to words. 😂

But, what I would say is full, not sure if in the songs I was listening to tonight had heft in the sub or mid bass - I want to say some of it sure sounded like sub bass to me….

Mids , oof, boy, I’d need to compare with something…

Treble, kind of rolled off but not bad like the Andover planar magnetics which sounded muffled. Sparkle but like a dusting.

Relaxing listen - nothing sounded bad on it to me ears and I was just listening to random songs on Spotify.

But… give me two songs so I can compare between a phone we share (58X perhaps) and the Caspian and that might be more accurate for this purpose.
Sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back