hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
May 11, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #586 of 713
Ahem, he's not the only one. I blame Warren for my audio nuttery

Cheers on the 'Carbon.'
beerchug.gif

How's your music collection gettin' along with it?

May 11, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #587 of 713
Cheers on the 'Carbon.'
:beerchug:
How's your music collection gettin' along with it?

Pretty good, as far as collecting more music Tidal is now my next friend

May 12, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #588 of 713
Just wanted to say, I've just gotten my DW3 album and I'm about to listen to it, very excited. I just finished playing Final Fantasy X for the first time and it was such a beautiful game with a score to match. In the past year, I've played 4, 6, 7, 8, and 10 (dropped 9, didn't like it much) for the first times and it was has been a holy experience in story telling and wonderful music.

I'd urge you to check out "Final Symphony" which was released this year as well. It has some very fantastic arrangements of songs from VI, VII, and X.

Interesting. Final Fantasy 9 is possibly my all time favorite. I recently got legal copies of 4, 7, 8, and 9 for PSP, and X-HD for Vita. (I have 6 for Nintendo DS.)

I've been focused on #7 so far, and it's such a great game. When I eventually get through them all I may have a new opinion of which is best.

May 12, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #589 of 713
You probably won't. At the moment, IX is easily the best in the series. Until XV (hopefully) blows it out of the water. Or until KHIII is retitled Final Fantasy XVI.

May 12, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #591 of 713
Honestly, my next favourite behind FFIX is FFXII. A lot of people won't be fond of the Gambit system and will never really figure the combat out, but for those who do, it really is a fantastic game, made only a tiny bit worse by the fact that it's yet another Final Fantasy = Star Wars game. The people at Square really, really love Star Wars.

May 13, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #592 of 713
For some reason I still prefer Celes, Locke, Sabin, etc. from Final Fantasy VI... FFV is a close second and IX is third... But all of them have "moments" that I like.

May 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #594 of 713
FF XV ain't blowin nothing out of the water. That game's been in development hell for way too long. I have zero faith in SE these days as they can't even seemingly develop a game without fan input anymore if all of those polls are any indication. All my eggs are now in the Atlus/Monolith Soft basket. 

For some reason I still prefer Celes, Locke, Sabin, etc. from Final Fantasy VI... FFV is a close second and IX is third... But all of them have "moments" that I like.

It's been so long since FF has had a charming cast. IX might've been the last, but the final act was just god awful, ugh

May 13, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #595 of 713
  FF XV ain't blowin nothing out of the water. That game's been in development hell for way too long. I have zero faith in SE these days as they can't even seemingly develop a game without fan input anymore if all of those polls are any indication. All my eggs are now in the Atlus/Monolith Soft basket.

I haven't been playing anything on the home consoles recently but Bravely Default on the 3DS was pretty damn good so SE can still pull it off if they want too...

May 14, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #596 of 713

On the topic of Atlus, Persona 5 is my #1 most anticipated game right now. I am even considering buying a PS4 the day it comes out, so I can remote play it and so I can have it on a longer term platform.

Persona 3 is my favorite so far. I liked the characters in it, especially the mystery that was Mitsuru and the growth that Chihiro goes through. Persona 4 had improvements in dungeon variety and gameplay, but IMO the story and characters weren't as good as 3.

May 14, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #597 of 713
Persona 4 Golden is one of my favorites on the Vita!!!!
Lots of gameplay, fresh mechanics, great music as well! Just a great overall RPG! I even wanted to play the "Arena" game on the PS3 and I don't really like fighting games that much! lol

May 14, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #598 of 713
I agree that P3 had the best characters and the best character development in the series, but I feel that P4 ultimately had a better plot. Combined with the more impressive dungeon variety and a cast of still pretty strong characters, I felt that P4 felt like the stronger game, if perhaps a little too bright for Persona. I'm very hopeful that P5 can manage to blend the darker atmosphere and stronger character development of P3 with the personality and variety of P4. What little I've seen from the trailers suggests that it might strike this balance, while also adopting the fantastic visual style of Catherine.

Personally, I think P5 is going to be an absolute home run for Atlus, in ways that even P3 and P4 couldn't manage.

May 18, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #599 of 713
Just dropped by to say that things are finally getting balanced, and that I am still alive thanks to you guys.

Let's not make a big fuss of it, because I get emotional here, but let's just say that with some luck I won't be homeless for much longer, I have amazing friends around the world and yeah, a special thanks to a special someone out there.

But I am still here. <3 to you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back