hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Oct 25, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #168 of 713

R.I.P. Jack Bruce​

One of the things that's hard to remember about Bruce and his peers of the psychedelic era was that a lot of them got their starts workshopping for various other marquee blues acts, training the best of them to be consummate craftsmen with wide-ranging musical tastes at the same time they were playing three-chord acid-tinged boogie.

Anyway, here he is holding his own on a seriously playful post-bop number, a rock god fitting comfortably in with some lions of the early-70s British jazz scene.

One of the greats is gone.

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #169 of 713
Sitting on a new iPad Air 2. It's insane in thinness, speed, etcetera. The only thing I dislike about it is the speaker. I think they sacrificed some loudness and sound quality in their speaker when going for the ultra thin. Also, the thinness is kinda, well, it seems too thin at times. I reckon I will get used to it though.

I've only gotten one "will it bend?" comment.

Nov 1, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #175 of 713
  Give the following a listen if you don't think reggae is capable of occupying a dark and subtle musical space.

R.I.P John Holt.

I've always been a big reggae fan. Sadly most people seem to associate it with mindlessly carefree stoners, but in reality it has much darker tendencies, especially on the dub side.

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #176 of 713

Is it correct to say "sitting on smth" meaning "actively using smth"? 

I asked this question because I thought that Coq unconsciously used a Swedish idiom ( which may not work in English). For example, in Russian you can say "I'm sitting on pills" which means I'm actively taking pills.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #180 of 713
Whoa what happened to the title? Wasn't this supposed to be about ballroom dancing or some such? I refrained from posting before cause I got two left feet and the herky jerky rhythm of a busted Kenmore washing machine. I feel more adequate now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back