hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Oct 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #152 of 713
Life update:

I returned to work Monday from a 10-day vacation. Not all chill time, but great vacation nonetheless...

Friday: Laid around house, met UPS guy, signed for new projector screen
Saturday: All day martial arts workshop. Did 9 hours of Karate. Drove to Denver to check into hotel next door to RMAF.
Sunday: RMAF and CanJam. Great time. Spent majority of day in CanJam room listening to headphones. Talked to Jude, Larry, Doug, Sherwood, and several others. CanJam tends to feel like a reunion. Brought home new speakers for living room.
Monday: Mounted speakers on ceiling, assembled projector screen and hung on wall. Got done around 10:00 PM
Tuesday: Drove south to Loveland to pick up power amp, and Castle Rock to pick up Stello Signature DAC.
Wednesday: Hooked up power amp and DAC. Spent a few hours listening to music and tuning subwoofer level. (Muscles finally stopped hurting from karate on Saturday.)
Thursday: Listened to tunes most of the day. Early evening, drove 4 hours to get to mountains.
Friday: Went hiking. Took pictures of leaves and waterfall. Ate too much. Sat in hot tub staring at stars.
Saturday: Walked around mountain town. Had Italian food. Drove back from mountains. Got stuck in football traffic.
Sunday: Cleaned house. Had friends over. Watched SciFi on new screen.

So that's what I did with my vacation.

On the topic of stress relief, I've found that my favorite activity for that is martial arts. It's great for relieving anger and tension, and over the long term provides continual practice dealing with conflict, which lowers overall stress even more. Plus it's great exercise. The motivation for it comes from being addicted to learning. I focus on the learning component of it, and everything else is a positive side effect.

Not much else to report. Oh, does anyone else like the band/electronica duo Booka Shade? Pandora got me hooked on them a few days ago, and I bought their album "Movements". Way behind the curve on that, because I guess it was a club hit about 7 years ago. Good stuff though.

Cheers,

Harley.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #154 of 713
Man, you guys are so anti-Fish. Once I Marry I'm getting myself a small aquarium so I can relax while listening to chill music

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #155 of 713
Man, you guys are so anti-Fish. Once I Marry I'm getting myself a small aquarium so I can relax while listening to chill music

Then you can have kids and make them clean your fish tank.
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #158 of 713
Haha, they covered the topic of cat cafes on an episode of Jordan Jesse Go! the other day. Seems they're making their way out of Japan for some strange reason. Did they ring any bells when someone adopted a cat at the one you went to?

Oct 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #159 of 713
  Haha, they covered the topic of cat cafes on an episode of Jordan Jesse Go! the other day. Seems they're making their way out of Japan for some strange reason. Did they ring any bells when someone adopted a cat at the one you went to?

I read the other day that there's one opening in downtown LA, but since I live in Taipei, this is the one instance where the "Japan exporting cuteness" paradigm doesn't apply.

The infallible Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_caf%C3%A9):

History

The world's first cat café[f 1] opened in Taiwan in 1998.[1] The Taiwanese cat café, located in Taipei,[2] eventually became famous in Japan and began to attract many Japanese tourists as well as domestic visitors. In Japan, the first cat café[f 2] opened in Osaka in 2004.[1]

Technically, the place I went to is just a coffee shop. It just happens to have two very friendly cats as bell hops.

This, on the other hand, is a Japanese export:

Not quite as nasty-looking as the original Kuro, but an interesting experience nevertheless.

I wasn't planning on eating Burger King, but I passed by on my bike and curiosity killedgot the cat ever closer to atherosclerosis and metabolic syndrome.

There were rules, apparently, that an ordering customer had to be wearing black. I didn't know, but coincidentally I was wearing black that day and the cashier assumed I was there for the special.

Oct 23, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #160 of 713
Yep, they have indeed opened a location in LA. JJGO recounted their experience here: 

http://www.maximumfun.org/jordan-jesse-go/jordan-jesse-go-episode-347-growing-violet-lisa-hanawalt 

Worth a listen as it's hilarious and you can possibly relate. That aside, I am downright shocked that for once Japan didn't monopolize the strange and concerning all for themselves. 

Some things are worth risking your life force for, but that burger ain't one of em. Though if you were gonna eat that, all decked out in black, might as well go all the way and plug your ears with some Type II Ocharakus and listen to Johnny Cash during the act lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back