HF-2
Aug 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #706 of 1,149
I just got off the phone with Todd. He said shipping should resume tomorrow or Wednesday for the HF-2. He's expecting twice the normal-size shipment from Grado, which is why he charged cards last week. He said if they had waited to charge the cards that they wouldn't be able to charge all the cards and ship all the headphones in one day as soon as they came in.

Long story short, shipping resumes tomorrow or the day after. Also, Todd told me that his computer has been crashed which is why he hasn't been able to keep in touch on the forums recently (and perhaps email as well - I didn't ask him). He said that hopefully that will be fixed soon and he can get reconnected with Head-Fi soon.

FYI.

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #707 of 1,149
Have been using them with reverse quarter-modded 414 pads lately and I recommend it (apart from the ugly factor). Puts the bass nicely in between flats (too muddy for me) and bowls (too remote).

DSC_0381.jpg

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #708 of 1,149
Don't know what's happening....I've been listening to my HF-2's exclusively with the Heed Canamp which runs continuously. Over the weekend I turned it off and just now started listening again. The bass was light, the separation of instruments minimal, and the vocals up front and everything else very pushed back. The Heed has been on for about 30 minutes and everything got EXTREMELY smooth. Everything is back to normal. The bass Kicks, the separation is great, and the mid's are smooth and SILKY!

Your setup definitely makes a huge difference..... Any comments? Why should 30 minutes make such a difference?

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #709 of 1,149
Anytime I ever turned off my old Mission Cyrus I integrated amp for any length of time I found it sounded a bit cold, hard and thin until it warmed up, that's probably why it's been on for almost 18 years, well that and sheer laziness on my part.

Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #710 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anytime I ever turned off my old Mission Cyrus I integrated amp for any length of time I found it sounded a bit cold, hard and thin until it warmed up, that's probably why it's been on for almost 18 years, well that and sheer laziness on my part.

Ja mon! Every ting Irea!!!!

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #711 of 1,149
Can someone answer a quick question for me?

Does the HF2 come with a 1/4" to 1/8" cable adapter in the box?

Aug 11, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #713 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by UglyJoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got off the phone with Todd. He said shipping should resume tomorrow or Wednesday for the HF-2. He's expecting twice the normal-size shipment from Grado, which is why he charged cards last week. He said if they had waited to charge the cards that they wouldn't be able to charge all the cards and ship all the headphones in one day as soon as they came in.

Long story short, shipping resumes tomorrow or the day after. Also, Todd told me that his computer has been crashed which is why he hasn't been able to keep in touch on the forums recently (and perhaps email as well - I didn't ask him). He said that hopefully that will be fixed soon and he can get reconnected with Head-Fi soon.

FYI.

Good to hear that since my hf2 is schedule to ship on the 12 Aug...

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #714 of 1,149
How do you know that and when did you place your order?

Aug 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #715 of 1,149
Okay, I'm going to assume that my HF-2's are on the way or I've at least been charged. Today when I got home, I had a message on my answering machine from my credit card company about a potential fraud alert. I call them up and I get an automated message asking me some questions about a charge that was made on my card today. The charge was for $438 and change which sounds about right. The automated voice said the charge was made by "electronics store", as if that's going to tell me anything.

I okayed the charge so I hope it was from Todd. I ordered on June 3rd though and I see that other Head-Fiers who ordered around that time are also being charged.

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #716 of 1,149
I was charged today as well, and Todd told me via email yesterday that my phones should be shipping out this week. I ordered at the beginning of June (don't remember the exact date, somewhere in the first couple of days).

Very exciting!

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #719 of 1,149
Who cares about the writing, what about the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back