Just got mine!

IMAG0012.jpg

Even got a note from Mr. Grado
smily_headphones1.gif

IMAG0015.jpg

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #92 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a pair. They'll be just as perfect as me.
smily_headphones1.gif

This says it all - get over it guys, stop looking a 'gift horse in the mouth', Do any of the whiners know what they're passing up - these are indeed underpriced audio marvels.
Can hardly wait to get mine - they will be cherished - and will never be sold for profit - these are a set of fones I'll be able to sit back with and enjoy with no trepidation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find it highly interesting that if you take the mispelled name, and spell it out, it yields the following:

Head-F1 = Head-Fone

Love it!
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #93 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got mine!

IMAG0012.jpg

Even got a note from Mr. Grado
smily_headphones1.gif

IMAG0015.jpg

Congrats kelvinz...Xmas in July! Looking forward to more pictures but the packaging is good too! Interesting that John Grado signed what appears to be box wrapping and not the box.

popcorn.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #95 of 1,149
Well, I'm a little disappointed in this solution. I'm keeping my order; agree with someone else who stated in the thread that I can't just pass up the opportunity. Still, I wonder if the error had been something more like "GRADE HEAD-FI HEADPHONES" or "GRAD HEAD-FI HEADPHONES" if the response would be the same...

It's a less than satisfactory conclusion, but really only for those who have all ready received theirs. The product is what it is and for those who still have the opportunity to buy or not, you have to decide if it meets your expectation for $430. For me, it still does. I'm interested in why they decided to stop at 500 phones. I assume that is how many aluminum housings they have on hand now, and they couldn't figure out a way to order more without causing a serious problem. I suppose if the order # eventually exceeded 500 then they would have to order more enclosures, and those would have to be printed with an F1 or cause even more of a stir.

Well, a max 500 (or would it be 524) will pretty much guarantee that market value on these phones will be high, so the 500 number is also a good thing to make up for the F1 mistake.

Still, leaves a little bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #96 of 1,149
Mine say "HEAD-FI"... ahhhhh haaaaa haaaaa!!! ahhhhh haaaaa haaaaa!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #97 of 1,149
Just confirmed my order, this is one boat I am not leaving.

Mistakes happen, deal with it as you choose. That being said, it seems to me that some HF'ers have shown considerable lack of appreciation and foolishness regarding this special order from Grado. Alas, that is simply my opinion and water under the bridge at this point.

Wayne - Santa Claus always keeps the best gifts for himself
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #99 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine say "HEAD-FI"... ahhhhh haaaaa haaaaa!!! ahhhhh haaaaa haaaaa!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Santa, I bumped into a friend of yours last week..
wink.gif

img1189q.jpg

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #100 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi All,

Just want to clear a few things up here. Both John and I feel bad about this. What I wrote was not a take it or leave it proposition - at least not with an attitude. I gave everyone the opportunity to cancel their orders - or keep them and get a headphone that is underpriced for its performance and was GIVEN to this community out of friendship.

A few have questioned our integrity and I will not even bother addressing that. Anyone who knows John Grado or me personally or have done business with us knows better.

To those of you who canceled your orders - I have no hard feelings and hope you do not either. To those of you who have kept your orders ( the vast majority) I say Thank you!!!

As for the $10 - it is going to Head-Fi and so it is being given back to the customers - just indirectly. Every one who ordered one is a member here and will benefit from the sale by being able to be part of this community. The $10 is from John Grado and TTVJ has nothing to do with that donation.

I am grateful to all those who are participating in this event and look forward to serving you and reading your impressions.

Todd

Todd,

Thanks for this post. I can't imagine that it's a lot of fun to have to come back from a few days off to something like this.

BTW - I'm keeping mine.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks to you and John for your efforts to fix all this. I for one see the value, even if the graphics aren't exactly as I'd like.

Oh, and thanks for your support of Head-Fi.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #101 of 1,149
For those who think that the "F1" error is going to effect the long term value of these headphones: You are fooling yourselves.

I predict that all the drama over the misprint in the etching will ultimately drive the prices of these (already Uber Rare) phones even higher then where they would inevitably have ended up WITHOUT the error.

I also have a feeling that when the time comes for a possible "HF-3" run, Mr. Grado will look back on this error, recall the drama and headache that went along with it, and decide that it isn't worth the effort to do an HF-3 - and that will be the end of special uber rare limited edition Grado headphones for the Head-Fi community. Which in turn will end up making the HF-1s and HF-2s appreciate even more in value.

Please someone correct me if I am wrong here, but I have never known a limited, rare or special edition Grado Headphone to EVER lose value (they have only ever appreciated in value). At the bare minimum the HF-2s (warts and all) will not ever sell for less than their original purchase price - but it is a safe bet that they will end up selling for a lot more than the original purchase price.

We shall see...

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #103 of 1,149
A kind soul is lending me a pair until mine arrive. I'm hoping to do some quality listening over the weekend and really get a feel for their strengths and weaknesses compared to my modded HF-1.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #105 of 1,149
I wonder if the ones without F1 sound different? I read that they may. And that there will be some comparisons later on. Darn, to own one of each, that will be the holy grail.

Now to wait and see how this all pans out. Yes to wait.

Ordered one. Maybe my F1 will be rubbed out! You think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back