HF-2
Sep 11, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #1,021 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolboarder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go hear to see how to properly bend the headband.

V9 Grado C-Pads, Grado Pads

Well, those instructions are mainly aimed for the use of Headphile C-pads so they would be properly aligned to your ears and so on. It really isnt one and only way to bend the headband.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #1,022 of 1,149
£49 extra to pay.

£8 clearance fee for looking at a customs declaration - take the piss they do, I don't earn that an hour.

Almost here.
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #1,023 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you washed those Bowls within an inch of their lives?

Nope, I haven't washed these at all. The problem really is that the foam doesn't even touch along the back side of the can, like there is contact but the pressure is on the antihelix.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, judging by the image...your resting the back edge of the foam on the Antihelix?...my foam rests back further and actual is almost circumaural...perhaps my ears are smaller or do you move them up that far for an appreciation/improvement in sound/bass/tone?

I'm not sure how the HF-2s sound with Grado Flats from Todd but man are those comfy on the RS-1s.

Mine actually fit almost circumaural as well. Except the cans sit on a very ridgid part of my ear
frown.gif

I did another 6 hours with these on...straight. I must say that these hurt like a mother. I'm kind of hesitant to bend the band either. Mind you they sound terrific.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #1,024 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I haven't washed these at all. The problem really is that the foam doesn't even touch along the back side of the can, like there is contact but the pressure is on the antihelix.

Mine actually fit almost circumaural as well. Except the cans sit on a very ridgid part of my ear
frown.gif

I did another 6 hours with these on...straight. I must say that these hurt like a mother. I'm kind of hesitant to bend the band either. Mind you they sound terrific.

I see...so the drivers actually are hitting your ears...perhaps trying the bagels would be more comfy?....I've tried them out and they are really comfortable but I went back to the bowls because I wanted to hear it as intended for awhile and then switch back but I know the bagels are a bit pricey.

Wow, these HF-2s are really really sounding good....I tried them on the tube amp and it's oh so good...the Highs are accurate without being harsh and the mids are absolutely excellent. The bass and drum kicks are nice and clear....and boy does the tom tom hits sound accurate. I really like how fast this is but with a nice sharp and clear sound. My RS-1 is wondering when it's going to get some head time....I think the separation on the HF-2 is almost on par or better than the RS-1....it's fantastic. This headphone excels at human voices...they really are great sounding. I'm so happy with this purchase and I'm not going to go into how beautiful this phone is.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #1,025 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see...so the drivers actually are hitting your ears...perhaps trying the bagels would be more comfy?....I've tried them out and they are really comfortable but I went back to the bowls because I wanted to hear it as intended for awhile and then switch back but I know the bagels are a bit pricey.

Indeed they are. And I'm hesistant to shell out another $84 CAD (That's how much they are shipped from POS(Planet of Sound :p) just to find that it still doesn't work for me... I guess they are $64 USD shipped from Todd, but even then that is a steep premium.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #1,026 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budley007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With comfort being the priority, I wouldn't worry so much about the shape of the band. Just so the pads remain even and flat over the ears is where my main concern would lie. Of course you could end up with something that looks a little wonky or slips off your head, but it's by no means a "one shot" permanent mod. Adjust to taste. Modding aside, I've had great success with wearing a ball cap to relieve clamping.

Thanks. I decided to be more forceful and it's a lot better now.

That aside, the JMoney pad isn't terribly expensive and perhaps I should try one. The dark brown one seems to look good with the HF2.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #1,027 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed they are. And I'm hesistant to shell out another $84 CAD (That's how much they are shipped from POS(Planet of Sound :p) just to find that it still doesn't work for me... I guess they are $64 USD shipped from Todd, but even then that is a steep premium.

I can pretty much guarantee that you will love the feel of the Bagels. Grados without them are some of the most uncomfortable cans I have ever had. Grados with Bagels are tied for #1 position for me with my D5000s. There is really not much of a gamble regarding comfort. The sound is a different deal though. It thins them, and recesses them.

Sep 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #1,030 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*hugs stvn*
tongue.gif
I'm still waiting for mine to ship... I have now been waiting for exactly 2 months now.

Thanks.
beerchug.gif

Mine took two weeks to get here (post wise), 12 hours to go.

Sep 15, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,033 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. I decided to be more forceful and it's a lot better now.

That aside, the JMoney pad isn't terribly expensive and perhaps I should try one. The dark brown one seems to look good with the HF2.

I actually think black would be better on HF-2, than dark brown. Maybe I'm just being conservative with the silver cups. Tell you what, I'll try and snap a pic of both tonight when I get home and let you decide.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #1,034 of 1,149
I'm looking forward to that, Budley007.
beerchug.gif

Anyway, after about 80 hours of burn-in the high of these HF2 seem to have settled down inexplicably. No longer it sounds edgy/rough in the upper mid/lower high region but completely smooth throughout. I'm not sure whether it's due to my brain or the headphone itself.
tongue.gif
Nevertheless, I'm very happy with mine and I won't probably buy another headphone again until I got the funds for JH13Pro. The HF2 can go toe-to-toe admirably against the venerable RS1 and MS-Pro.

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #1,035 of 1,149
Well mine are here, the good points..

They sound great, considering the time it takes my ears to adjust to a different pair of cans they gave my Ultrasone 2500s a run for their money straight out the box.

The bad points..

They are Grado. The cable was twisted around (to fit in the box) and any gasps of delight at how thick it was soon vanished as it was as flat as a pancake at the twist. I can only assume most of it's size is the plastic covering.

It's also woefully short, I have my hi fi two feet away beside my bed and even this is proving annoying, the usual Grado V shape on my chest - would a single sided Grado be too much to ask?

I'm a little annoyed at the cable, it's either a deliberate case of embelllishing them - which at worst is sneaky. As long as the cable does it's job a thinner one would be less cumbersome.

Did I mention they sound great, am I wrong to expect more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back