HF-2!!!
Jul 10, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #496 of 704
well Todd said it was shipped yesterday, but Fedex didn't pick it up til today, fedex was just notified, so I guess I shouldnt have paid extra for 2nd day air since they dont work on the weekend
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #497 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not confirmed by email to say I still want the HF-2 yet still received an email saying mine has been shipped.....

Maybe you'll get an empty box
biggrin.gif

I got notification today that my HF-2 is en route. I ordered on May 16
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey I got a tracking # for fedex 2day air yesterday at 1:30pm eastern, the tracking still shows that fedex has recieved information and NOTHING else, does that mean it is still at the place Todd took it yesterday? ?

My tracking info indicates that the Fedex driver is listening to my HF-2, tapping his feet and bobbing his head
mad.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #498 of 704
I see, my post was just speculation. HeadphoenAddict would be right.
Saying exactly, I originally ordered mine on May 15th but there is a time difference over the globe, so I can not say where it is in the day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never seen anything that claimed this is the case, and I'd imagine, based on when I confirmed, that mine would've shipped with this batch, and it didn't. I ordered about 3 weeks after the announcement so I'm probably in the 5th-7th batch.

I'd highly doubt the confirmation ordering will have anything to do with shipping dates. I'm guessing the only reason for the confirmation was to get any idea of the fallout rate, and based on the following messages from Todd it looks like it's had little, if any, impact.

Jul 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #500 of 704
I got my HF2 today! Wow, only took a day to get here! nice one todd!

They do say Head-F1, but to be honest, I wouldn't have noticed for a while if I hadn't looked for it. These things are GORGEOUS. Anyone who is worried about this, should definitely relax and just buy it now. Lettering looks good, they are really slick. Glue is coming out as usual, but in even amounts around the whole phone, and looks really neat, IMO.

Once again, these are GORGEOUS. Some of the most beautiful phones I have seen.

With bowls, out of the box, they didn't sound so good, shrill. But I usually don't like bowls. Tried HD414's, still a bit shrill, flats went on, and ahhhhh. Smooth, clear. Plenty of bass, but I wouldn't say it's boomy at all, or even excessive. I don't mind bass though
biggrin.gif

My boomy bass test track is Sufjan Stevens' "They Are Night Zombies" and it pulled it off with ease.

More later, and if I have time, some pics.

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #502 of 704
The brightness is ameliorated at aprox 10 hours. Overall, it is unfair to say much before the initial 30 hours. After that, improvement will continue at very small increments as you continue.

Jul 12, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #503 of 704
I usually burn in headphones at least 150 hours, though the most pronounced changes occur within the first 48, this goes for the GS-1000 and RS-1's that I've had.

Jul 12, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #504 of 704
sucks, I paid more for shipping and will end up waiting 4 more days than rthym devils, shows me not to use usps, fedex blows

Jul 12, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #506 of 704
frown.gif

anyone with fedex, change to usps or be sad like meh

Jul 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #510 of 704
Just came back from a weekend trip to be greeted by the HF2's! First off, the F1 was noticed but who cares, I plug them in and they have a lot more lower end than the RS1 but its a bit unfair to pass any impressions till after a burn in.

The bowl pads are indeed smaller and less deep than my used pads on my other Grados. Will see with pad swaps when the cans have settled in. The cord is smaller in length by about 14" and the cable is really thick compared to my RS1.

Overall I am happy with the purchase and kudos to TTVJ for the speedy shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back