HF-2!!!
Jul 4, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #346 of 704
To be honest, I was a little annoyed to see the misprinting happen, especially after keep waiting so long. I hope this could be fixed immediately. I don't want to get a Formula 1.
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #347 of 704
hopefully the first batch, was the whole batch.

Means that batch 2 should be fixed, unless no one noticed this yet but us.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #348 of 704
Head-F1 HF-2 no. 60 showed up yesterday!

I like the typo - having been sorely disappointed at missing out on the coveted blurry cups at CanJam. I'll keep them.

Also, they sound great!

Again, thank you, Todd. I appreciate the time you've taken to make this happen, your consistently good service, fast shipping, good packing, and support for this community.

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #349 of 704
Do you have any other issues besides the typo? glue everywhere? or bad pegs?

Jul 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #350 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by drp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are a fun, fun can and a bargain in the audio world.

F1... funny? Yes. Unfortunate mistake? Yes. Adds character? Yes
biggrin.gif

If what everyone has been saying about the sound quality is spot on, then yes, these are a friggin' bargain (as was the HF1), and you won't get a peep of complaint from me.

People need a little perspective and relax on the venom I've seen in other HF2 threads. Show some appreciation knowing that you have a bargain headphone from a maker who actively engages and supports the HF community. Complain if you so desire, but there is absolutely no reason to get nasty while voicing your displeasure.

I'm expecting to be a part of the second batch... can't wait!

Thanks, TTVJ and J. Grado, for the HF2.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #351 of 704
It is a matter of making products better, you cannot condone production errors that are obviously visible. That just makes a company think it's ok and in turn they have less desire to increase standards. Companies have no problem with feedback on errors.

They are artists who will cry because someone found a significant flaw in their work. He will most likely address this issue and offer replacements. Atleast for cups.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #352 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have any other issues besides the typo? glue everywhere? or bad pegs?

No, they're in good shape. I haven't had the chance to wash the bowls out yet, though. They still have that factory smell and are slightly itchy.

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #353 of 704
Yes, everything else is fine and it sounds great. I never expected Grado having this kind of sound (although I never heard the real hi-end Grado like PS1 or PS1000.)

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #354 of 704
Quote:

It is a matter of making products better, you cannot condone production errors that are obviously visible.

Yes, of course, production errors are very much regrettable. However, given the nature of the item in question (a product specifically produced for the benefit of this community), I am more forgiving and understanding of the mistake. Having said that, I hope the situation is resolved satisfactorily for all those affected.

Quote:

That just makes a company think it's ok and in turn they have less desire to increase standards. Companies have no problem with feedback on errors.

I assume that no one involved in production realized the mistake, and that is why the mistake was allowed in the shipping product. I know there are cynics in the crowd, but given the history of Grado and TTVJ with this community, this is what I want to believe and will believe unless I'm proven wrong.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #355 of 704
Seeing that folks are reporting on the really good sound coming from the HF-2, I, for one, am glad that they've focused on that aspect of quality and missed the "1" for an "I" in the label - instead of the phones being perfectly labelled and reports coming out on sonic flaws in them.

In terms of production, the HF-2 is not a regular production model, where there would be more of a reason to invest in getting the label 100% right. It's a limited availability run for a targetted population which would be expected to be more focused on the sound than the label. From the reports so far, I'd say that I agree with Grado's prioritization of the QA budget for the HF-2.

After it was reported that John Grado was visibly upset upon finding out that the HF-1's (which he had generously offered to Head-Fiers at a price well under their value based on sound, and then donating some of that to the Head-Fi community) were being sold at substantially higher prices, I'm happily surprised, and very appreciative, that he could look past that "cashing in" on his past generosity to offer another similar act of generosity to us Head-Fiers and our community.

I'd rather focus on these aspects of the HF-2 than on the "1" for an "I" in the label. For those who'd rather focus on the label, it would appear that the exercise of that prerogative is well under way. As is the case with such a prerogative in a community like ours, mostly everything's likely already been said, but not everyone's had the chance yet to say it.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #357 of 704
Pleased to see that the first HF2s arrive at the end user. Not pleased to see that most of them have flaws though...
Putting my order on halt until that is verified and fixed.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #359 of 704
Folks,

With regard to this whole Head-F1 issue:

I'm sure that Todd and Grado will deal with it appropriately after consulting about it.

In the mean time, a reminder that this is a MOT paid thread. Standards for good taste are different here than they are in the general forums. Please keep that in mind...thanks.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #360 of 704
Grado is not a chinese company ... it's supposed to be a home owned american company that prides itself on their products and all that. But, they probably get those metal parts from some other company.

Still, if I would have received one with the I1 (ordered two months ago btw ...), I woudn't part with it after just getting it! No way, I would be too busy listening to it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Not after two months and counting of waiting ...

Maybe if they sent me another one first and then I'll return the first. Or another nice small gift like a balanced recable / cable extension / whatever.

I'm much more worried about build quality (spilled glue - boooo!
frown.gif
, wood chips, cable fitting, headband stitching etc.) than about spelling.

And to tell you the truth, after some years, those head-f1 headphones probably be more valuable ... the perverse double limited edition effect .
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: What's a MOT paid thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back