HF-2 B stock final count
Feb 24, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #46 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Round 5: "It's unethical to prevent us from reselling B stock for the same price as A stock."

I don't believe it is unethical to sell these in and future and possibly make more money than on the HF-2 "A-stock". However they should always be listed as "B-stock" since there is a delineation between the two.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #47 of 185
Almost glad that I did not get in on this B-stock sale. Something tells me that the B-stock is going to have more aesthetic "challenges" than the $85 is meant to compensate for. Still, I hope everyone's purchases are to their liking.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #48 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost glad that I did not get in on this B-stock sale. Something tells me that the B-stock is going to have more aesthetic "challenges" than the $85 is meant to compensate for. Still, I hope everyone's purchases are to their liking.
smily_headphones1.gif

That's fine with me. I value the headphones at $500 anyway, which is about the market price. If letting John and Todd throw this thing in a blender means I save $150, so be it.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #49 of 185
I do hope they are not really bad looking. Im not that picky but i do have a limit on what I can stare at all the time.
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #50 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

P.S. Thank you, Todd. Apologies on behalf of all of us who are satisfied and happy with the HF-2, think your customer service is spot on and would love to have a HF-3. There's a lot of heat and noise here, but not from those of us who are happy and satisfied.

Does this mean that your pair left the box...?

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #51 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by scutzi128 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome I'll assume I'm good then too unless I hear otherwise. Could you let me know when you get shipping confirmation so I know when to expect it?

He said they would be shipped by today or tomorrow
wink_face.gif

Eh, all the time I spend with the headphones they'll be on my head so as long as they sound awesome I'll live.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #52 of 185
I would just like them before Saturday because I leave to go on a trip to Utah so I could put some serious listening on them right away.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #53 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwallman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do hope they are not really bad looking. Im not that picky but i do have a limit on what I can stare at all the time.

On that note, smashing avatar, sir.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #55 of 185
Gives all new meaning to the term "dome"

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #56 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by scutzi128 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gives all new meaning to the term "dome"

Or "head", for that matter.
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #58 of 185
Quote:

Or "head", for that matter.
wink.gif

lol zing!

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #59 of 185
I agree the day of the B stock sale was very exciting indeed!
And I like Todd wish never to see the pandemonious likes of it ever again. (I almost puked on my keyboard with excitement!)

However this presents a justifiable concern for all of us, that special community sale opportunities such as exclusive Head-Fi member only items may be abandoned by manufactures and distributors alike due to an over exaggerated negative backlash of OUR community if anything gets fouled up. Sure, things can get sucky but consider the alternative... hmm.

Personally I will accept the fact that I may not have the money or luck or timing to get in on all of the promos all of the time in return to just have a chance at them or to have them offered for other Head-Fi members. Doesn't having these unique offerings make our community unique and more robust? Think about it, Grado made a special set of "mini GS1000" cans just for loyal members of our community! They'll be floating around our community forever, they'll make their way to new owners who will enjoy their unique qualities. Better to have them with the glue globs and HEAD-F1 than if they never had existed at all.

I know some will say of John and Todd "He's just selling a product, he made money,"... I'm sure that's true and rightfully so, they should be compensated, however they didn't have to offer us ANYTHING. As a community if we make a BIG stink when these opportunities fall short of our expectations we may find ourselves without any opportunities at all!

I'm very new to Head-Fi and have been cultivating a love of 'phone culture for only a few months but I consider myself a "committed" Head-Fi'er for life (read: addicted). I want to see John, Todd and others provide exclusive opportunities for us (yeah, when's the HF-3 coming out?...). It's what gives me butterflies in my stomach and sweet dreams at night. My worry is that these guys may say "To heck with those buggers! Let them buy our regular stuff, I'm not sticking my neck out if this is the thanks I get..."

Lets try to focus on the joys and delights this hobby, pastime or obsession provides and give thanks to the suppliers, providers and Head-Fi'ers who make it even more diverse and enjoyable!

Thanks guys!
smile.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #60 of 185
HI All,
I just wanted to close this chapter with some notes and stats.

The B stock HF-2 headphones arrived today and will be shipping out to the 26 who got them.

The B stock have a B under the serial number and their numbers are 550 - 575.

We sold 525 A stock HF-2 headphones prior to this sale so there is a number gap between the two.

The HF-2 sales generated over $20K to help support our community.

I also would like to thank everyone who participated in this event.

I also want to make it clear that anything that was said in the previous thread is history - I hold no grudges, no ill will or anything for anyone. I understand the frustration (I had my own frustration to deal with!) and the passion that many had and the desire to own a HF-2.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back