HF-2 B stock final count
Feb 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 185

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

I have done my count and any order over order # 23 were too late to get a HF-2.

The orders will ship out on Wednesday or Thursday.

If you want to be put on the list for future considerations, please feel free to e-mail me.

You have no idea how bad I feel about this. I am sorry to those who did not get one after all of the effort made.

Todd

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 185
Sorry Todd, but the headphones you was selling were 26?
Why you can sell till order #23?

Mine is #26
frown.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by fra107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course is not his fault, but i've seen that were 26 hf2 in stock, or they were 23?

I'm confused
confused_face_2.gif

Look in the original thread about the HF2 sale. Near the end you'll see that Todd put aside 16 of the 26 HF2s for customers who were trying and posting and complaining all day without any luck.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 185
it sure was an experience. nice and frustrated at the same time.

anyway, I won't lie, I am disappointed that I didn't get the phones because i tried so much, but it mainly because i never win at anything..ever!
frown.gif

I guess my luck is to spend a lot of money on gear.

at least i got my RS1..which i bought new in half price
wink_face.gif

EDIT: ah..and thanks again todd for this great opportunity.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 185
Seriously, the nerve of some of you in that previous thread really ticked me off to no end. Todd is doing a great gesture by selling these HF2s at a discounted price and what did he get? Douchery.

If I were Todd, I would make sure that the whiners get the worst-looking HF2s.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #9 of 185
I, for one, wasn't whinning. Nor was I ordering one. I simply offered a solution to the problem which, in turn, was used. Please don't confuse everyone that's vocal as being complainers.

Also, I think everyone deserves a pass as I could see everyone's frustration. I have seen things get MUCH worse than this with online communities.

Not everyone that wanted one was going to get one either way and people were going to be disappointed not matter how smoothly it went.

I think we should just let it all blow over.

Peace,

Ross

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #10 of 185
The first thread went into a train wreck, sadly it is a real image of what goes on in the private BST was well
frown.gif
. However i have to thank Todd for giving us the oportunity of getting a headset with a great price tag. There is nothing wrong with that, i wasn't lucky enough but i hope it won't discourage you from having future similar events.
Two thumbs up
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I, for one, wasn't whinning. Nor was I ordering one. I simply offered a solution to the problem which, in turn, was used. Please don't confuse everyone that's vocal as being complainers.

Also, I think everyone deserves a pass as I could see everyone's frustration. I have seen things get MUCH worse than this with online communities.

Not everyone that wanted one was going to get one either way and people were going to be disappointed not matter how smoothly it went.

I think we should just let it all blow over.

Peace,

Ross

Me neither, but I was ordering one. I was whining about my rotten luck getting to the final step four times (not counting the two Step 2 tabs that were in progress).

I'm glad Todd did it. You don't know how excited I was about the chance at getting these phones all week. The first night I learned about it I dreamed about them. My whole week was spent looking up comparisons to them. It was a fun week.

I came in fully expecting not to get one, but did everything I could to bolster my chances. I would have been more sour if I didn't get one after the three-hour scramble than I would have been if it was over in a minute, but still prepared to accept. Lucky me that I don't have to.

I might review some of my posts in that thread. I might have been more nasty than I meant, but I KNOW there were several posts of mine either praising Todd for the chance or trying to sway others away from lumping the blame on him. Things could have went smoother but they didn't. Oh well.

Congratulations to the victors, whether their victory was fair or not, and condolences to those less fortunate. My opinion is that what Todd did is as fair as anything else that far into the mess, but that may be my victor side showing his smug mug.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 185
I went in fully expecting to not get a pair. Tried to inject some humour throughout the morning and keeping up with others "progress" on getting through checkout
tongue_smile.gif

Thanks for having the sale Todd!

Here's to hoping the next sale will be less hectic/stressful
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #14 of 185
Not in the hunt here, as I have an HF2 from the initial offering. A comment though....

We are always told that this is a "niche" market, and that there is not a good enough "demand" for these quality products. However, Todd uses good internet providers, and this is the second time I have seen pandemonium with a special offering, last time his site crashed, and hard. The initial HF2 sales went well though, so I was surprised to see the difficulties this go-round.

Sadly, he gets blasted so badly during these difficult times, that it must be discouraging to him. I was both surprised, and happy when the HF2 did come out, as after some of the debacles surrounding the HF1, I was not thinking that a "special" would come out again.

We are a great forum, and I am glad to be my little part. I learn much more here about the basics of sound reproduction here than I can find on other audio sites. Of course, it is funny sometimes reading about headphones on other sites. If the person is not a head-fier, they usually lack the depth of knowlege to do the subject decently.

Headphones allow the common man to be a true audiophile. Similar quality in a stereo speaker system requires much more money, and in my opinion a great music room to create the SQ and soundstage required to better a great headphone system. I hope to put one in my new house that is a couple of years off yet. I am slowly piecing together my speaker system, and it sounds good already, but will require a much better listening room than I have currently to sound better than my apache/balanced 800 rig.

Celebrate our hobby, be thankful for people like Todd, and try and play nice when going after limited number gear. Some will win, and some will lose, there are not enough to go around. Get over it.

Thanks again Todd, still love my HF2s, and have always appreciated your service.

Feb 23, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #15 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, the nerve of some of you in that previous thread really ticked me off to no end. Todd is doing a great gesture by selling these HF2s at a discounted price and what did he get? Douchery.

If I were Todd, I would make sure that the whiners get the worst-looking HF2s.

I said it in the other thread and I will say it again here. We are BEYOND LUCKY that Todd even offered the head-fi community this opportunity to buy a LIMITED EDITION headphone. If anyone cared to notice, he posted the sale here on Head-Fi, so that our community could have the chance at getting one of these headphones. The whole time, I was supporting Todd because I know that if we were having such a difficult time, think about what he had to deal with, multiplied by 1,000+ or however many people were trying to get in on this deal.

It's understandable that people will get irate when things don't work in their favor, however I hope the moderators truly did take some people's selfish and unnecessary comments into account. Todd is doing US A SERVICE, and this is how we treat him?

Todd, I hope everything after the frenzy worked out well. You are beyond great and I truly appreciate what you have done for us. Best regards!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back