HF-2 B stock final count
Feb 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #31 of 185
Hey Todd I was one of the ones selected to be able to purchase the HF-2s. I created an order on your site to give you my payment info but it was order #30. Do I still need to give you a ring or am I ok?

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #32 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by scutzi128 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Todd I was one of the ones selected to be able to purchase the HF-2s. I created an order on your site to give you my payment info but it was order #30. Do I still need to give you a ring or am I ok?

I was also one of the ones selected and I emailed you yesterday after the mess ended to confirm my order (which went through on paypal but your site didn't give me a confirm page) but I have not heard back from you. Did you get my email?

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #33 of 185
I also sent him an email after I got off the phone with him and have heard nothing back. I did get a confirmation page from his site after paypal. I am sure he is just really busy after all the fallout from that rush yesterday.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #35 of 185
I agree with many of you that this B-stock sale certainly could have gone smoother. Possibly be handled in a totally different way...
But I certainly do not think Todd did it on purpose, and have learned a lesson now.

Thanks Todd!

...fingers crossed for a future HF-3 'phone.
wink.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #36 of 185
With all the talk of hopefully HF-3 anticipation, I can only help but wonder if it will pan out. Todd said on several occasions that he would not do a similar sale like the HF-2 B-stock fiasco. That said, given the seemingly-exponential growth of these HF sales, I can only imagine a similar occurrence with a future HF-3. People, eager for low serial numbers, will destroy Todd's server. Either he'll have to have people make reservations here an Head-fi, call in orders, or he'll have to do something about the servers. I can't imagine what he'll do with the inevitable b-stock from an HF-3 sale.

The first option can also encompass an e-mail system, where he takes orders, and either fulfills them all, or picks random names, I'd say that would depend on the quantity - to - demand ratio. This seems a fair method of avoiding server lag (or a "network race" as, I believe, LinuxWorks put it). Calling-in orders couldn't work well, as that was proposed to sell the last 4-6 headphones, and the lines were quite busy. I imagine this wouldn't work out well at all. Finally, fixing the servers in anticipation seems to require more effort for Todd, but it would be easy for the customers.

In any case, I anticipated some difficulty in ordering, but certainly nothing what actually occurred. The day was intense, with emotions high. I furiously read what is perhaps the fastest-posted to topic I've ever seen. Did you see how fast those last 500 or so replies were? Truly the day was remarkable.

Certainly it's not Todd's fault people like headphones. The very fact that these were available in the first place was a great opportunity. I will certainly order from Todd in the future. He also has really amazing hold music.

Given the extreme unlikelyhood of getting an HF-2, I must turn to more practical matters. What should I buy instead? Many said the RS-1 was better than the HF-2, but it's also seriously more expensive. I was thinking of getting a new SR-325is's from Todd, but whatever the case, it'll have to wait a while.

To conclude: I had fun battling for a headphone, I'm a little disappointed that I lost out, but that's not a big deal. "A time to win, a time to lose" I'll win later on, and I'm glad to be left with the experience of the day. I don't blame Todd for not predicting this, and I laud his efforts to remedy the situation. Finally, I worry about the grim-looking prospects of the HF-3.

Finally, though I made my account near the time the HF-2 b-stock sale was announced, I learned of it afterwards. Also, I plan to keep posting. I don't have a high post count, but I don't plan on stopping now. I felt a little bad that people were so cynical as to assume my, and others, motives were so base. I like to think most humans are better.

have a good day, everyone.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #37 of 185
Hey Todd,

I just wanted to apologize for how I acted yesterday during the sale, I was completely out of hand and you did not in any way deserve to be treated that way. I appreciate that what happened was not your fault, I was just very frustrated at the time (understandably so I would hope, but that doesn't excuse the way I acted).

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for selling me a pair of these headphones even after I acted like an idiot for over an hour straight. I feel terrible for the way I acted and hope you forgive me.

Thanks again for the wonderful opportunity.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #39 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup. I gave him a quick phone call and he confirmed. All is well.

Awesome I'll assume I'm good then too unless I hear otherwise. Could you let me know when you get shipping confirmation so I know when to expect it?

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #40 of 185
hello, i am not interested in the b stock hf-2, but i may be interested in buying a used hf2 in the future. would it be possible for you to post the serial numbers of the b stock hf2s so that they will not be passed off on the used market as pristine? or do these have obvious defects that would make that impossible?

Feb 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #41 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistolsnipe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello, i am not interested in the b stock hf-2, but i may be interested in buying a used hf2 in the future. would it be possible for you to post the serial numbers of the b stock hf2s so that they will not be passed off on the used market as pristine? or do these have obvious defects that would make that impossible?

Considering the A-stock had some obvious defects on some models, I would imagine all the B-stock have obvious defects. They wouldn't have been sold as B-stock if there was just a chip here and there.

Even if they weren't it's not like the acoustics are any different from a-stock, so if it ended up being in better condition than many a-stock would you really see a problem with selling them as such? By that I mean if you paid for B-stock but got A-stock by accident somehow, would you still insist on it being sold as B-stock?

Kind of an irrelevant point, but I just thought it would make sense to point out that if it's in good enough condition to be seen as A-stock...

All I know is I can't wait to get mine, never had a Grado above SR60i.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #43 of 185
Is there a big difference between the jumbos and the bowls?

Are either of them circumaural?

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #44 of 185
Round 1: "These are more expensive than the HF-1."

Round 2: "The Head-F1 typo and glue squeezeout are unacceptable."

Round 3: "The B stock sale was unfair."

Round 4: "It's unethical to resell B stock for the same price as A stock."

Commence whining!

P.S. Thank you, Todd. Apologies on behalf of all of us who are satisfied and happy with the HF-2, think your customer service is spot on and would love to have a HF-3. There's a lot of heat and noise here, but not from those of us who are happy and satisfied.

Feb 24, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #45 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Round 1: "These are more expensive than the HF-1."

Round 2: "The Head-F1 typo and glue squeezeout are unacceptable."

Round 3: "The B stock sale was unfair."

Round 4: "It's unethical to resell B stock for the same price as A stock."

Commence whining!

Round 5: "It's unethical to prevent us from reselling B stock for the same price as A stock."

Round 6: "These B stock sound like crap! We all want our chump change back!"

Round 7: "You suck Todd. Don't you dare ever make an HF-3!"

Round 8: "You suck Todd. Where's our HF-3?"

Round 9: "Todd, why don't you ever call? I miss you baby."

Round 10: Todd wakes every night to the unsettling feeling of breath on the back of his neck, only to turn around and find nothing but fluttering draperies, an open window, and foreign sweat stains on the bedsheets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back