HF-2 B stock final count
Feb 23, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #16 of 185
Whoa! I was able to get through the order process then left. Read over the 10+ pages in the other thread after I left... things got crazy!

Thank you Todd for selling these to us at this price. You could just as easily have auctioned them off for more money in your pocket, but you decided to give back to the community that made these possible.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #17 of 185
Man, some people really got angry as if he is ripping them off or not honoring some commitment.. now that the frenzy is over and I went and read the comments again, I realised how FRENZIED we were behaving(pardon the grammar) in order to get a pair of great headphones at a steal price.
This is one of a kind experience for me.. and I will definitely remember this for a long time to come.
And kudos to Todd.. he handled it the best he could keeping the head-fi'ers at heart.. not himself or his business. Ive seen some ddos attacks and sites going down similar to these.. and today must have been a REALLY tiring day in office for him.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #18 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not in the hunt here, as I have an HF2 from the initial offering. A comment though....

We are always told that this is a "niche" market, and that there is not a good enough "demand" for these quality products. However, Todd uses good internet providers, and this is the second time I have seen pandemonium with a special offering, last time his site crashed, and hard. The initial HF2 sales went well though, so I was surprised to see the difficulties this go-round.

Sadly, he gets blasted so badly during these difficult times, that it must be discouraging to him. I was both surprised, and happy when the HF2 did come out, as after some of the debacles surrounding the HF1, I was not thinking that a "special" would come out again.

We are a great forum, and I am glad to be my little part. I learn much more here about the basics of sound reproduction here than I can find on other audio sites. Of course, it is funny sometimes reading about headphones on other sites. If the person is not a head-fier, they usually lack the depth of knowlege to do the subject decently.

Headphones allow the common man to be a true audiophile. Similar quality in a stereo speaker system requires much more money, and in my opinion a great music room to create the SQ and soundstage required to better a great headphone system. I hope to put one in my new house that is a couple of years off yet. I am slowly piecing together my speaker system, and it sounds good already, but will require a much better listening room than I have currently to sound better than my apache/balanced 800 rig.

Celebrate our hobby, be thankful for people like Todd, and try and play nice when going after limited number gear. Some will win, and some will lose, there are not enough to go around. Get over it.

Thanks again Todd, still love my HF2s, and have always appreciated your service.

X2

Todd,, too few phones,, not your fault. I'm sure if you had enough for everyone, you would hook everybody up who said "hey hey, hey Todd hook me up with a sweet deal!. "not your fault... thanks Bud for giving us the chance.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #19 of 185
I am new to Head-Fi, and I posted for the first time today, in the middle of all the mayhem. I was entinced by this offer being the HF-2 is a "special edition". I admit I got caught up and was involved the entire time from 9am until the end around 12pm, and had a chance to read the majority of the reviews. Some were over the top but most were appropriate for the amount of tension and frustration. In the end it seemed like Todd just selected some random names from the thread, and crowned them all "Kings" for the day. That is when the majority of the unfortunate, almost hostile threads were posted. In the end, all of the rules were tossed aside for expedience sake (people made phone orders). Fair, of course not. I realize his intentions were noble, as he made the headphones available in the first place. One cannot anticipate every scenario (website going down) before one acts, he is afterall a business person, who wants to sell items and earn a living.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 185
Todd rocks. Folks should try buying other gear from him, too. He's got the good stuff.

Also, I think there's a lesson to be learned here. If you want a limited edition headphone soooooo much, then be prepared to step up to the plate and lay down your cash as soon as they are announced. Waiting for the "second run" or "b-stock" will always be a gamble.

Rock 'n' roll.

Feb 23, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 185
Quote:

In the end it seemed like Todd just selected some random names from the thread, and crowned them all "Kings" for the day. That is when the majority of the unfortunate, almost hostile threads were posted. In the end, all of the rules were tossed aside for expedience sake (people made phone orders). Fair, of course not. I realize his intentions were noble, as he made the headphones available in the first place. One cannot anticipate ever scenario (website going down) before one acts, he is afterall a business person, who wants to sell items and earn a living.

I think Todd made a smart call doing this. Sure it was not fair to everyone, but things were spiraling out of control. The bottom line is the website couldn't handle the traffic, and he feels bad about that. If things kept going as they were, we would all be still sitting at our computer refreshing until the sun went down to no avail. Tough call, but it had to be done.

I want to thank Todd for offering these to the community. Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy the music.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 185
Order #29 here...

I thought it was a bit of fun even if we did DDOS Todd's site and likely gave his hosting service more than a bit of heartburn. I went into this not expecting to get a pair but I knew that I really would not get a pair if I didn't give it a shot.

The hate and discontent displayed in the previous thread were out of line. Nobody had to sell anyone these phones; they could have visited Mr. Dumpster. It was a one-shot deal, not an entitlement program.

Feb 23, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #23 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd rocks. Folks should try buying other gear from him, too. He's got the good stuff.

Also, I think there's a lesson to be learned here. If you want a limited edition headphone soooooo much, then be prepared to step up to the plate and lay down your cash as soon as they are announced. Waiting for the "second run" or "b-stock" will always be a gamble.

Rock 'n' roll.

Exactly. Bunch of whiners. Anyone who was registered before the original HF-2 sale has no reason to complain whatsoever. For others there were always the for sale forums, always seems to be at least one or two HF-2 in there.

Feb 23, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #24 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by santacore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want to thank Todd for offering these to the community. Hopefully we can all move on and enjoy the music.

Absolutely!

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #25 of 185
Seriously, props to John and Todd for putting these together and offering them to the community. I think most people forget that the ability to buy a special edition handcrafted headphone made specifically for the members of Head-Fi is a privilege, not a right. Here's hoping that in a few years, we'll all be enjoying an HF3!!

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #26 of 185
xxx the original post is removed by myself xxx

I'd like to moderate myself.... and Please accept my apology Todd, for whatever I already said that sound un-conveniently...
I talk about fairness, but I realize then that by whining and complaining, at the end I don't treat Todd fairly... Nothing wrong with Todd and his effort... and he already did his best...

Please don't give up to help this community...

Regards,
---
David

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #27 of 185
To those who got the HF-2's, congratulations on getting what should be a great headphone at a really good price. I didn't luck out, but I'm sure I'll be enjoying my new RS1i's in a few days. No hard feelings to Todd, just a few grumbles from my wallet.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #28 of 185
Todd, thanks and keep up the good work. I was up at 4am here in Australia to try my luck, missed out, but nevertheless was just thankful for the opportunity.

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #29 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I, for one, wasn't whinning. Nor was I ordering one. I simply offered a solution to the problem which, in turn, was used. Please don't confuse everyone that's vocal as being complainers.

Also, I think everyone deserves a pass as I could see everyone's frustration. I have seen things get MUCH worse than this with online communities.

Not everyone that wanted one was going to get one either way and people were going to be disappointed not matter how smoothly it went.

I think we should just let it all blow over.

Peace,

Ross

Don't worry, I'm not aiming those comments at you hence the term "some of you". You know perfectly well which individuals I targeted with that post.
wink.gif

I do apologize if such misunderstanding occurred though.

To Todd, I just want to applaud you for the great gesture that you have given to the community and I do hope that this little incident will not put you off from your future endeavor here at HF. Those whiners are not worth it.

Cheers,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back