HF-1 take II
Mar 22, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #16 of 64
There really does need to be some kind of restriction, like 200+ posts and/or 3 months membership. It kind of seems unfair when "Head-Fi 1s" for the Head-Fi community are taken up by Post Count: 1, March 06 members who disappear into the void right afterwards.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman
there should be a 50-100 post minimum or minimum time as a member rule. Like 6 months to 1 year. I don't even think i deserve to own a pair yet.
eek.gif

edit: which is why i'm not ordering.

that's a terrible reason
eek.gif

I'm sure there are other reasons
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #18 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Well, if there isn't a minimum time period of registration here for eligibility for the last sale, it's going to happen.

-Ed

I wouldn't have a time period to have been a member but I think winners should have to have been head-fi members before Todd first anounced the sale. I think this would weed out the accounts created just for this purpose. Between when it was first announced, over the weekend, and now...I am sure someone could have racked up 100+ meaningless posts.

I have only been a member since january but I have already fell in love with grados. I was planning on 225s as the next step from my sr80s but this is a great opportunity. A 6 month minimum like familyman mentions would kill my hopes.

Mar 22, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #20 of 64
Aside from the frustration for those of us trying to buy these phones, I really feel for Todd's additional burdens regarding his website functionality and business complications resulting from all of this.

Todd, hang in there and thanks for the major effort and strong ethical commitment to seeing this through.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #21 of 64
All this goes to show that there really should be a HF-2 offering. Yeah, I read the threads about the HF-1 sale, and regret barely missing it. I absolutely would have ordered a pair. However, I didn't find Head-Fi until after Christmas and lurked here awhile before contributing $20 (it's worth it) and creating an account.

Seems to me that the main reason the other Grado distributors were upset was because Todd got almost 500 guaranteed sales and they did not. A simple solution would be to open up HF-2 sales to all Grado distributors. Restrict sales to a week and cap the amount each could sell. Before shipping, the distributors would submit a list of Head-Fi members who placed the orders for verification.

Think about it. The distributors would get a lot of traffic and have an item was that guaranteed to sell out. They would love that. Everyone at Head-Fi would be thrilled to get a HF-2. Grado would also get guaranteed sales and a fantastic way to build their brand. I don't see any losers here. What does everyone else think?

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #22 of 64
while i'm sure that we would all like a special status that allows us to have a better chance (contributing member, member for 4 months and over 800 posts would all be cool with me), i think that todd's method is really the only way we can do this fairly without having to go through all kinds of investigations/file finding that would slow down the process and make jude even busier than he already is.
)The suggestion above seems cool; but that would mean he would have to design a new driver and headphone-alot of time... but who knows.... it maybe worth it for grado.
Edit: Dope: i thought it was the same thread as the last so i went directly to the last page. my bad.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #23 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
it's still on for tomorrow at the same time right?

how about you read the first post of this thread?
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #24 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
how about you read the first post of this thread?
wink.gif

yes, sorry about that, my explanation is above.

Mar 22, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #25 of 64
hehe, I assumed as much.
tongue.gif
wonder how many people are still anticipating the return of the HF-1 sale tomorrow morning and are going to be suprised when they are yet again greeted by the godaddy "oops!!!" sign. lol.

Mar 22, 2006 at 9:19 AM Post #27 of 64
looking forward to round 2.

Faithful Team Refresh member #4354.

100th post!

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 64
Yay! I can sleep today!

Boo! No HF-1's for me today!

And I have to say that I'm not a fan of the "minimum time, minimum posts" requirement that some are trying to promote. I'm pretty new, but I'm well on my way towards having a sorry wallet. And I have to say that I would NEVER sell them on ebay if I were lucky enough to get them.

Chris

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:45 PM Post #30 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
HI All,

I have been assured that the new hosting service can handle the spike that this sale will generate.
Todd

Todd,

I suggest you ask your provider to prove their claim by showing some load testing results before the next spike. I have seen software systems to break down completely when exposed to production load they were supposedly designed to handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back