Hey I would appreciate help in finding a new pair of headphones
Dec 6, 2010 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

waynejohnson

New Head-Fier
First of all sorry for the X-post, i wasn't really sure where i should put the thread.  Anyway here goes:  I'm currently looking for some new headphones and have found a ton of pairs but none that really match everything i'm looking for.  What i'm trying to find are a pair of over ear headphones, preferably closed, comfortable, that are also portable/work well with an ipod, and obviously i'd like them to sound good.  If you could find some for around 300 (preferably at or under but could go over if i'm really overwhelmed) it'd be an amazing help, thanks!  What i would be most okay in having changed is in this order: Closed, over ear, 300, the rest is definitely what i need.

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 8
Welcome!

What type of music do you listen to?

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 8
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/511301/best-closed-headphones-for-300-unamped

Dec 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #4 of 8
Hmm, pretty much everything but country, but let me be more specific.  Hip-hop, rap, rock (60-90's), New Wave, a little metal, House, Techno, Electronic, Eurodance, Afrobeat, Marvin Gaye, Dancehall, Pop.  That's what I can find immediately and is most definitely my main categories.  
Edit*  I've done a bit of looking and found most of those, but most aren't portable.  I wouldn't mind bringing house headphones around just the lack of folding/a 9 foot cord is kinda detrimental.  I'm going to be getting a new music player soon so i would like headphones i can use with it while walking around.  Most of those are portable but not necessarily able to be used walking around.

Dec 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 8
I got Akg 240 miki for my first pair and since it comes with a coiled cable it makes it more portable then others. The only thing is it's semi open and it leaks sound so it might annoy others. Otherwise the sound quality is pretty good for your tastes. If you like listening to mids alot more than the bass, these are perfect As I also have a similar taste in music.

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #7 of 8
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Do you like bass heavy headphones or no? I want some good looking phones that are portable, sound good, and have bass. Currently, I'm leaning towards the V-Moda Crossfades, the Phiaton PS 500's, and the Beyerdynamic 770 Pro/80's (Needs a portable amp) . 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back