Hey,could you keep my friend and me in your thoughts/prayer/dreams?
Mar 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #31 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a call from her cell phone with her father on the other line who was none too pleased and basically told me off saying how "she didn't deserve" being in a long distance relationship(we're merely very good friends)and that "she didn't deserve this nor do you deserve her" and how he wanted me to sever all contact with his daughter immeadiately or risk legal action.

My friend this is 2007 in the year of our Lord. That's the fun of the chase.... going behind the parents back and getting away with it! As this is head-fi I gotta recommend you listen to 'Animal - Nickelback' sums up your situation/resolution pretty well!
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #32 of 60
Hello all,thank you for all of your comments and considerations.

First off I'd like to apologize for the title coming off as a bit serious/alarming/whatever and for the slightly odd wording of the original post but its just that this person means a whole lot to me and so its been really affecting my life.

In response to some of the poster's questions I was originally intending on trying to meet her parents on a future visit but unfortunately the entire thing went down before I had a chance to arrange this. Trust me,her and I are mature enough in the fact they we were eventually going to break this to her parents but in a hell of a lot more gradual manner than the landslide that ended up occuring. I didn't want to keep this in the dark from her parents it was just for the time being we had to because of how she still wasn't just about to leave for college and had everything set in stone.

Her parents really didn't know a whole lot about what was going on with us and all they really knew is that she was spending an hour a day at semi random intervals talking to someone on the phone but really didn't know who I was except my first name because of how Natalie would mention my first name to her sisters if they asked who she was talking to.

Now mind you I was willing to,when she broke the news to her parents,be grilled for however long it took by her parents so that they could gain some confidence. I'm mature enough to know that I eventually had to show my face in this whole thing and I was more than ready and still am more than ready to tell them about myself.

This entire situation has pretty much knocked my world side ways and before this happened she said she was most likely attending a college a mere 20 minutes away from me next year and that we'd be able to see each other every weekend and to be honest all I want to know is that she'll be attending that college next year and then I'll shut my damn trap and lie low for this all to cool over. Until then,however,its this giant question mark that I have sitting on my shoulders.

Bugger. =/

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #33 of 60
Well I am sure she still has your email/phone number, and its not like the parents have a 24/7 surveillance operation going on her. She will probably find a way to talk to you.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #34 of 60
the best way to deal with your sorrows/disappointments is to just not think about it. and the way to do that is interact with other people... since you can't really do anything about it right now, then sitting around thinking about it will only make things worse.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #35 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I am sure she still has your email/phone number, and its not like the parents have a 24/7 surveillance operation going on her. She will probably find a way to talk to you.

Haha, you'd be surprised how far parents go sometimes. But she can still probably contact you.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #36 of 60
I also met a girl through a forum ,and we autumaticlly clicked , she became one of the closest and important people i have in my life .
i know how does it feel , to cleanse your soul and also being to able to listen to someone for hours , it's one of the best feeling in the world .

And i know the sorrow of losing it ,it hurts , i felt a lot worse then when my girfriend dumped me , the feeling just went a lot deeper ...

there is hope , but just try not to give it too much thought , her parents can't control her for a long period of time , let it pass ...distract yourself .

i will be positive for you , things will work themeself out in the end , she will make and efford and so will you , relationship like you have is too important and rare , it won't end because of Overcontrolling parents .

Good Luck !

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #37 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was in a similar situation, but without the hateful parents. My girlfriend at the time had some ridiculous parents. They took every phone away in the house except the one in their bedroom to limit her from talking to me. I wasn't even a bad kid and their parents knew mine. Apparently, I was undeserving because I was a New York City public school kid while her family is part of a very elitest neighborhood in Long Island. =T Things didn't work out, but 10 years later, we're still great friends.

If she's that important to you, just give it some time and don't pressure the situation. When she has the freedom to do what she wants, she'll look for you.

I guess they never heard of Stuyvesant, Bronx Sci, Hunter College High School, Brooklyn Tech...

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #38 of 60
That the kind of reactive people that make you understand why Bush got in twice!
Well i don't know your age, but if she is nearly major the best way would be to show her that she live with control freak and convince her to get far from their egocentric grips.
If you are too young then i suggest you finding another special friend since it will only be trouble after trouble.
Anyway, good luck!

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #39 of 60
Umm, if she is 18, how can her parents revoke her "privileges", and keep her from leaving the house and talking, etc... Even if she is a minor (which she is not at age 18) I believe that you can leave the house for up to 24 hours even if your parents say no before the police can be involved. This all just sounds a little weird. Keep in mind that is ONLY for minors. I believe it's even looser for adults.

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #40 of 60
However, she is living in her PARENTS house.
their house, their rules.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #41 of 60
it seems to me like if you guys really wanted to stay in contact you could. She goes to school doesn't she? There is internet access everywhere, at school, public libraries, internet cafes, even friends laptops. I doubt her parents watch her so closely that she could not go to the computer lab at school during lunch and write you an email..

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #42 of 60
Well I came in here expecting something worthy of "thoughts/prayers/dreams", I actually took a sip of water before clicking the thread (when I get sad (
frown.gif
) my throat drys up), taught me lesson...

You people cannot be serious?

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #43 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I came in here expecting something worthy of "thoughts/prayers/dreams", I actually took a sip of water before clicking the thread (when I get sad (
frown.gif

Finally somebody walks in with some rational thinking. Ive been getting slaughtered with my earlier comments by some people and nobody defends me.

This thread totally isnt worth of thoughts/prayers/dreams, and yet when I point that out I get called an insensitive person. When those words are used you think of dying friends/family members. Not your "internet love" losing contact with you. Its pretty sad...

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:29 AM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, she is living in her PARENTS house.
their house, their rules.

True but that only applies when she is on their property. She can leave the house whenever she wants and she can contact whoever she pleases outside the house.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #45 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

exactly... i thought someone got cancer or got into a car accident or something... but in the end it's because of a relationship problem... could someone pray that me and that girl in my avatar will be together someday? i mean it's not to offend the OP, but there are other issues more worthy of 'prayer' than this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back