Hey,could you keep my friend and me in your thoughts/prayer/dreams?
Mar 7, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #16 of 60
Whatever I have plenty more to say but everyone in here is too nicey nice to really look at the obvious fact that perhaps the title of this thread is a little too serious, kind of implying somebody in his family died or something, instead hes not allowed to talk to a friend? ... w/e, im sorry my heart isnt at big as all of yours, but sometimes people have more pressing issues than having contact cut off with a person we have never even seen in real life..

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever I have plenty more to say but everyone in here is too nicey nice to really look at the obvious fact that perhaps the title of this thread is a little too serious, kind of implying somebody in his family died or something, instead hes not allowed to talk to a friend? ... w/e, im sorry my heart isnt at big as all of yours, but sometimes people have more pressing issues than having contact cut off with a person we have never even seen in real life..

If you actually read the post he did meet her once(?) IN THE REAL WORLD. You're coming off very ignorant.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #18 of 60
So answer me this, if they met several times for a month and a half, they never ever saw each others parents, and couldnt have just said "yeah this is my friend from school". Instead suddenly the parents are calling him a stalker. Something doesnt seem right. If you meet someone in RL for several times over a course of a month and a half, and you never ever see the parents just to say hi or whatever, dont you think thats a little strange... I mean I know all of my friend's parents, its just normal that if you are friends with someone, and as close of friends as they are, that you just somehow totally ignore the rest of their life, figuring that you are the only person in their life. If I met someone online that I was this into, and this involved with, I would have the common sense to want to know more about them, starting with their family...

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Why do you care what the title of the thread is? Is the sanctity of praying somehow insulted? Someone's very upset for a very good reason, they want to resolve the situation as it's very important to them, and they felt like sharing and maybe receiving some encouraging words and/or advice. And then you basically come in and say "**** p*ssy, who cares."

To the OP, a number of things could have happened, and no one has enough experience (or knowledge of your exact situation) to know what the best course of action is. Take everyone's advice with a grain of salt (mine included, I suppose). Her parents are both too protective to let their kid talk with someone they don't know (kind of a good thing) and too lazy to get to know you. That's all I can really say about the situation. If it's any consolation, I know what it's like to have basically your whole life revolve around one person. Hope things work out, and if either of you guys are interested in being more than friends (sounds like there's a chance she is, at least), then you really shouldn't hold back.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #20 of 60
Quote:

So answer me this, if they met several times for a month and a half, they never ever saw each others parents, and couldnt have just said "yeah this is my friend from school". Instead suddenly the parents are calling him a stalker. Something doesnt seem right. If you meet someone in RL for several times over a course of a month and a half, and you never ever see the parents just to say hi or whatever, dont you think thats a little strange... I mean I know all of my friend's parents, its just normal that if you are friends with someone, and as close of friends as they are, that you just somehow totally ignore the rest of their life, figuring that you are the only person in their life. If I met someone online that I was this into, and this involved with, I would have the common sense to want to know more about them, starting with their family...

There's never been anything that you'd rather not involve your parents in? OMG LMIRL!!

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #21 of 60
My turn to weigh in.....Yes, just because it's over the internet does not make you a stalker. You happen to meet a special someone without a dating service web site. What would her parents say about that?. Would the relationship be more legit thru a dating website?

Many people get to know each other thru websites. I have never met GlendaleViper of post #11 but the common thread is this: Several months ago Glendale was having an amp give away. Thru his thread, I added a Sennheiser Headphone. Another member added an interconnect. A member in Texas was the recipient of all this gear. Was this legit or not because it was thru a web site? I would say a real amp, headphones and interconnect showed up in Texas.

I would say you met a special girl thru the internet. Don't let other people crap on your thread. Keep your head to the sky.

I've been in your shoes. It did not work out for me. I'm prayin' for you

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

i'd have to agree with those comments. but i guess the girl's parents are a little paranoid about the online thing... and rightfully so, since they've probably read or hear news about kidnappings, stalkings, etc... of people in the online community... i'd say that the OP should just go out and find other people to hang out with. it will help in the short run... then once a couple months pass by, you can check to see if that girl's parents gave her more freedom to go out...

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #23 of 60
I empathize with you, but in all honesty, I'd say the ball is in *her* court. You could try and make demands to communicate with her, but if her parents are as controlling as you say they are, they'll just have you arrested for harrassment if you keep calling her or dare to step foot on their property. It's their home and they have the right to do so. However, your friend is 18 years old and has rights beyond parental control as long as it doesn't involve their property. If she really wants to see you, she'll find a way even if she has to go behind her parent's backs. I wish you both the best of luck!.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's never been anything that you'd rather not involve your parents in? OMG LMIRL!!

Use your head buddy. It sounds like hes in love, eventually they are gonna meet each other's parents. If all the relationship is going to be is online, then keep it online. If they sneak out to see each other, do they think that its going to end up that they elope and get married in vegas? No, if they are rational people then meeting each other's parents would only seem rational, as if they are going to spend the rest of their lives together, then they should do that (otherwise what? its just an online fling? by the sounds of it he is in love with her and cant stand losing her, so frakin do something about it, get off these forums now and go play a song in front of her house, if u get arrested she will defend you, if not she really isnt worth much now is she).

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #25 of 60
A lot of different opinions here. But I hope things work out for everyone.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Use your head buddy. It sounds like hes in love, eventually they are gonna meet each other's parents. If all the relationship is going to be is online, then keep it online. If they sneak out to see each other, do they think that its going to end up that they elope and get married in vegas? No, if they are rational people then meeting each other's parents would only seem rational, as if they are going to spend the rest of their lives together, then they should do that (otherwise what? its just an online fling? by the sounds of it he is in love with her and cant stand losing her, so frakin do something about it, get off these forums now and go play a song in front of her house, if u get arrested she will defend you, if not she really isnt worth much now is she).

You might want to cut back on your posting for the sake of everyone here, lurk a little more. 300 posts in a month and they're mostly flaming. I think everyone got your point the first time around. Or the first time your post was deleted.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #28 of 60
The rationality of love... such as putting it all on the line for the person you love. He obviously isnt doing this, which means he probably doesnt truly love her, and should re-evaluate how much she really means to him.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #29 of 60
Quote:

Haha, "use my head." Sorry, you're right. It sounds like she has an awesome relationship with and opinion of her parents, and there would be no reason, unusual, frowned-upon circumstances or not, that she wouldn't want everyone she knows to meet and deal with them, seeing as how incredibly understanding they are. Obviously she'd have no fear of them pushing someone away, freaking out or calling people stalkers, and they'd never get suspicious or controlling. Yep, they're the kind of parents you want in ALL of your business.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, "use my head." Sorry, you're right. It sounds like she has an awesome relationship with and opinion of her parents, and there would be no reason, unusual, frowned-upon circumstances or not, that she wouldn't want everyone she knows to meet and deal with them, seeing as how incredibly understanding they are.

Yeah but this isnt one of those "everyone she knows" kinda guy. Apparantly these two have something more than just a casual gaming buddy buddy relationship/friendship. Obviously these two have more going than just that so it only seems proper to get them more involved. Perhaps she didnt think the time was right, but at 18 she should have the common sense to stand up for what she believes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back