Here is how to clean comply tips...
Mar 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Way too much workgoing on here. Put a little hydrogen peroxide (3%) in a small bowl, add Complys (tip down, so the HP can do its fizzy work) and let them sit for 5 minutes. Take them out, squeeze them to get out excess moisture, and let them sit for a day or two to dry. Done. They actually seem better after the HP bath. When I tried using water before dfkt gave me this method, they fell apart.

This is what I use. Works well.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #33 of 42
cool thx for the tips !!Unfortunately my first attempt i tried cleaning them with Methyl Spirts ! And then used my fingers to clean it! Epic Fail ! Dont Do it !! It looked like some acid burnt a portion of it :s
I followed your advice and washed them in warm soapy water.
Restored them back to new !
I tried using all 3 options Hot boiling water , Warm Water and cold water straight from the tap.And Mixed them all wish dishwasher soap ! Hot water + soap did a incredibly great job at cleaning.I was able to locate some dust that came off it !
But imo Warm water works is best ! Since u can just use the hot water from the tap.Cold water worked as well but i didnt feel like it removed scum as well as hot water did !
Moral of my post DONT clean Comply Tips with Methyl Spirts or Solvents !
Just use normal dishwasher soap and youll restore them back to good condition !
smily_headphones1.gif

May 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #36 of 42
i just used hot water and soap squeeze till no more bubbles air dry...i found the comply tips hard to keep clean and my ears are relitivly clean.. guess that is just one of the down falls to the comply's

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #37 of 42
Boil water, put the tips on the prongs of a fork, and put the fork along with the tips in the water for a little bit. Take them out after about 40 seconds and squeeze them with a napkin. It took me like 3 times and they came out really good. I also took pics but they were to big to post here. Sticky anyone????
I clean mine with the wife's alcohol free facial wipes for removing makeup. Gets the wax off in no time and as far as I can tell hasn't affected the foam at all.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #42 of 42
I have had success cleaning them with baby wipes/hand wipes etc. Squeeze excess moisture out befor using so they are just slightly damp. Just a quick wipedown every so often, don't let the wax build up too much in between, let dry. All cleaning methods I have tried affect the pliability somewhat though.

My issue with Complies is that they work great (and feel great) when new but have a short useful life so cost-of-use is high. I finally found some dual-flange tips that are comfortable and hold up well after trying (I think) literally every available tip on the market, so that's what I use now. Easy to keep clean too, using the same method. BTW, virtually all in-ear tips seem to push wax into the ear too, so I do a cleanout of my ears with peroxide regularly too.

Seems to me I tried the technique suggested by Comply and had 'meh' results, but I will try it again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back