help with USB-C dac cable
Feb 10, 2024 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jobert

New Head-Fier
Hello I recently got some KZ ZSN Pro IEM's (0.75 2 pin); however, I don't want to have to have a dongle to use them on my Android phone I need some help finding a USB-C cable that would work well with them I have tried both the:

CVJ V6 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....order_list.order_list_main.29.1e0b18020ETw1L)
CVJ V5 cables (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...o.order_list.order_list_main.5.1e0b18020ETw1L)
but I found they both had large amounts of static and noise while using them I believe this is because the DAC in them is not so good I have tried to browse the forms for some cheaper end cables that maybe able to solve this issue but I cant find any so I'm making a post to ask what are some of your suggestions as I'm not very knowledgeable in audio equipment I have looked at buying some:

HAKUGEI Rice litz 6N (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...lgo_pvid=7a4663b8-4092-49ad-a898-18fce6043244)

but they only do them in 0.78 2 pin and I don't want to risk damaging my new IEM's I would love some suggestions for cables that are £40 or less I would prefer modular cables but I know these can cost more

TL;DR
recently got some KZ ZSN Pro (0.75 2 pin)
want a USB-C cable replacement with good DAC
would prefer modular but not pickey
around £40 or less

Feb 10, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 10
Personally I have no experience with these cables because I'd rather go for a smaller separate dac like Fiio ka11 or Jcally jm6 pro.
Your best bet would probably to check out Jcally TC30 pro or TC40. They have proven dacs inside but the output power is so-so. There is also JC50 and JC60 but they have dangly bits on the cable so that would defeat your purpose I assume.
I also noticed the Hakugei White Peony does have QDC pin option and is modular but is already above budget even just picking the USB-c option. Also it doesn't state which Dac it uses.

Feb 10, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 10
Personally I have no experience with these cables because I'd rather go for a smaller separate dac like Fiio ka11 or Jcally jm6 pro.
Your best bet would probably to check out Jcally TC30 pro or TC40. They have proven dacs inside but the output power is so-so. There is also JC50 and JC60 but they have dangly bits on the cable so that would defeat your purpose I assume.
I also noticed the Hakugei White Peony does have QDC pin option and is modular but is already above budget even just picking the USB-c option. Also it doesn't state which Dac it uses.
i have heard of the jcally ones do you know what dac they have in them though?

Feb 10, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 10
Feb 10, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 10
Well from my perspective you might have been better off with a separate cable and dac in that case because that one does have the dac in an enclosure dangling on the cable instead of in the usb-c connector. But I hope it serves you well.
i dont mind if it has it dangleing I just wanted one that didn't require me to have a separate cable if I wanted to go somewhere with them just makes it one less thing to forget about

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #8 of 10
I've tried those cables with the USB end and it's always horrible quality. Just get an Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter for $9 and it's got great sound and unlimited power for any IEM. I've got one for travel and it's so tiny but has quite a bit of power.

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #9 of 10
I've tried those cables with the USB end and it's always horrible quality. Just get an Apple USB to 3.5mm adapter for $9 and it's got great sound and unlimited power for any IEM. I've got one for travel and it's so tiny but has quite a bit of power.
if the cable isnt any good ill return it and defiantly have a look at the apple USB to 3.5mm but it seems rediculous there isn't any cheep commercial cables for replacement

Feb 11, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #10 of 10
Most people just prefer the dongle route. I mean there are a lot of tiny dongles that you won't notice and give better quality. Also if the cable breaks for whatever reason you won't have to buy a new DAC and just replace the cable. Like if you actually bought the Fiio ka11 and just kept the 3.5mm plug inserted all the time it would still be like 1 cable so difficult to forget? and I am sure the quality would be a looot better.
That is why I assumed you didn't want something to be on the cable and have a cable where the dac was right on the USBC connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back