Help with SM3 cable polarity
Sep 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 9
If it's a stock TF10 cable, the letters are on the inside, underneath so that you can see the letter on the cable when you are looking at the two openings on the nozzle.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 9
If the cable is from Sunricky?

Check inside the pins and check the listing they're colour labled. And in the listing (usually between the pictures) it says which colour is left and right. I know the polarity's for the earpiece, let me find that picture for you.

EDIT: Here's the picture, this is 100% correct I have also double checked with my stock cable against a multi meter.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 9
Ok, awesome. The sunricky cable is labeled for left and right but I can't see anything indicating polarity. However I assume the ear guides are curved for the originally intended fitment so I can deduce where they belong for the flip mod.

Awesome, you rock! That picture helps with the TF10. Anything like that out somewhere for the SM3? :/ I have been google searching my ass off and I can't find a picture of them as they come out of the box in order to see where the colored dots belong, but no luck yet, all of their branding pictures mysteriously obscure the dots...

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 9
Yes, because the ear guides are pre-moulded the polarity will be correct when attached to the L / R earpieces. For example: Dark Lord is black for left / white for right. (inside the connector) I haven't seen any research on the SM3 sorry.

Enjoy your cable. :smile:

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 9
Probably the easiest way is to gain access to a multimeter, remove the cable from SM3 and check which pins are negative to the jacks negative. Otherwise it does your head in. I've been there with a cable built reverse polarity a few months ago, What a head **** that was.

You could configure a make shift multimeter by disconnecting a + / - speaker cable from your home stereo then completing the circuit with the cable.

Goodluck, I'm sure you'll work it out.

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #9 of 9
Much appreciated H2O :) You've set my head straight, thanks to you I have one pair of phones to listen to with a peaceful mind 
beerchug.gif

Anyone out there with an SM3 v2 they know is correct polarity? Where do the dots go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back