Help With Portable Set-Up
Mar 30, 2013 at 11:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

whirlwind

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, I have the RS1i headphones......what would be a good sounding set-up for these and not break the bank.

Need a nice MP3 & Flac player DAC and portable amp.

Need a few suggestions.....thanks

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Any Sansa Clip+ will do the job but merely curiosity: planning to use an extremely open headphone outside?

Check other users' portable rigs.
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/572365/our-portable-rigs-community-gallery/

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:
Any Sansa Clip+ will do the job but merely curiosity: planning to use an extremely open headphone outside?

Check other users' portable rigs.
http://www.head-fi.org/g/a/572365/our-portable-rigs-community-gallery/

Yeah, hell I take my RS1 everywhere.....I just love the sound...so I figure...why the hell not.

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 9
Well I'll be honest I'm not particularly familiar with Grado, but I can give you some general pointers.

Much of the community considers the O2 or Objective 2 as the beast portable/transportable amp for the money. It was designed by a man whos name shall not be mentioned for fear of retribution, but it does boast some impressive stats. It can be had from and where from $100-$200. Mayflower electronics and JDS labs are both considered fairly legitimate.

The new E12 seems well recieved and the E17 has become an old classic at this point. If im not mistaken they can both be had for under $200. 

Good luck mate

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 9
if you want something actually portable and want to to dip your feet first and not get a full front on audio stuff, you should try the fiio e17, it have a lot of input, and is reccomended everywhere, and best of all if have a near match footprint with the ios devices , so you can just velcro those two together and hook them

May 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
if you want something actually portable and want to to dip your feet first and not get a full front on audio stuff, you should try the fiio e17, it have a lot of input, and is reccomended everywhere, and best of all if have a near match footprint with the ios devices , so you can just velcro those two together and hook them

I never understood why people consider attatching an amp to a phone is considered portable. My idea of portable is my iphone and IEMs. I couldnt imagine bringing around an amp and full sized headphones.

May 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

I never understood why people consider attatching an amp to a phone is considered portable. My idea of portable is my iphone and IEMs. I couldnt imagine bringing around an amp and full sized headphones.

because sometime I am after comfort that IEM cant provide compared to full size can , and because it still fits in my pocket it is still portable

May 10, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 9
Oh I guess i forgot about that.. Well to me once I get a lightweight IEM with the right size pads they are much more comfortable long term than any headphone I have ever tried

Users who are viewing this thread

Back