Help with next pair of headphones
Jul 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Speedemonv12

Head-Fier
Hello everybody!

I have been running around the forums for sometime now and love reading all the great information you guys are posting. But it has come time for me to buy my next pair of IEM's as my RE-2's broke. I really loved the sound of them, but I found them a little bit lacking in bass. After a while I was able to get used to them and loved the clarity of them, they were loads better than any other IEM's I had. So for my next pair, I do not want to sacrifice and quality in the clarity and detail department. I also will be keeping the price under 100$ at all costs.

So far, after reading some the multiple IEM review threads and impressions, I like the way the Soundmagic PL-50's, Meelectronics M6, ViSang RO2, and RE-0 look. I did pick up the clip+ which will enable me to use an equalizer while on the move, and I have heard that the RE-0 responds nicely when upping the bass with an equalizer.

What do you guys think? I really want my House music to sound great, but if I need to sacrifice a little in order to make sure the rest of my music genres don't suffer too much, that's fine. Along with House music, I listen to: Hip-Hop/Rap, Rock, Female Vocals, Country, Acoustic. Turns out I listen to a little bit of everything. But most popular would have to be House music and Hip-Hop/Rap.

Thanks

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #3 of 3
For house specifically you probably want the Meelec M6 out of the ones you've listed. You'll lose a bit of clarity compared to the RE2s but gain soundstaging, bass, texture, etc. If you're already used to the RE2s, the RE0s won't seem nearly as bass-light but I still wouldn't consider them ideal for house/hip-hop. Same goes for the PL50. With both the PL50 and R02 you'll also miss the treble sparkle of the RE2s if you're used to it. If you don't care about high-end extension and sparkle, the R02 is nice earphone with forward mids and solid mid/upper-bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back